The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

today
D37651B0-86B9-416B-B6B7-3B50C6692B03.jpeg

I'm starting to have doubts that the seller never shipped my Reverse Duck Camos to StockX. :ohwell:

I know, I know lol.
I actually emailed them on my Ducks bc the system was saying seller hadn't shipped and it had been 2 weeks. I wanted them to cancel so I could re-buy bc prices had gone down a little. They said the system was delayed and on their end they showed they'd received from seller and they had been authenticated. 2 days later I got a UPS notification that they were on their way to me. And like I said on the Dam's, I bought one 5/2 and one 5/3 and both have been delivered to me already. Both say "Item Awaiting Carrier Pickup" though.

EFBBE28B-147F-4A6A-8FED-334F2D72CD7E.jpeg

These landed today from secret sneakers. I was bummed I missed out on the ghost greens Friday morning. But then these popped up later in the day. I’d much rather have these. Funny how things work out sometimes. I have these, volts, slimes, and turqs. Now I just gotta find the time to actually wear any of them. Lol.

END shipped my order on Friday. But hasn’t been picked up by Fedex yet, hope they get picked up soon. Excited to see the ghost green in person.

They had an opportunity to employ people during cv19 who have lost jobs, theres been a massive increase in online shopping. I have no doubt these delays are due to a lack of reaction by them and the postal industry to this. They couldve pumped out more vans and more drivers, more warehouse staff for faster distribution. They didnt. Meanwhile their drivers are under the pump and frequently lie and say they ‘attempted delivery’ at your address when they never went to your house at all and just too your parcel back to the warwhouse to be delivered another day.

Hiring huge amounts of new staff that need to be trained only to lay them off in a few months doesn’t really make sense either. These are crazy times so be patient with the warehouse and delivery workers as they try to limit exposure risk while still reporting to work everyday.

Yes it does. Hiring a dude to pick parcels in a warehouse requires minimal training. You employee people to meet a need now. You provide the unemployed work now while they need work and money now. You provide the service that is required now. You make money from that service delivery now. Then you lay them off as it balances back out to the way it was before. With any luck they return to their old jobs. Those that didnt have jobs go back to unemployment anyway.

Suggesting its a bit too much work to give the unemployed work because you know hey it requires a bit of training, and we’re only going to make a few million from expanded deliver services....

My local postal sorting centre has been described as something out of ‘world war Z’ climbing up the wall scene. Not enough people in there picking parcels. So yeah, hiring more staff to grab them and get them onto vans, hiring more drivers, buying more, vans, It makes total sense.

To be fair, you did mention delivery drivers as well. I can’t see fdx or ups hiring just anyone off the street and throwing them in a van to deliver. That’s a huge liability. Plus, unemployment is so high at the moment no one is going to do those low paying unskilled warehouse jobs and make less money than they would staying home. I guess all I’m saying is that I’m fine waiting an extra day or two based on the circumstance sellers and shipping companies are dealing with. It doesn’t seem unreasonable to me.

Back
Top Bottom