The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

The material is very different so I would be wary of ironing them. If you are very careful you should be able to do it but would most likely need a very damp tee or towel. It is Vat tech(not sure on spelling?) that has been around for a bit with Nike so someone might have experience dealing with it.
thought it was vac tech.  as in vacuum molding.  nonetheless, the material is very odd, i could see it melting very easily with an iron.  i might try to steam it from afar just to start some process of expanding the poly chain of the materials. 

Oh yeah somewhere already previeweed that. Thought you mean a full list of Pendleton options like we saw over the winter.

^^took my pair out this week to find the outsole starting to hardening up, because of not wearing them enough and they just be lying around the house. The outsole (especially the forefoot) then simply turns into hard plastic, that will obviously break once you walk on them. There's a small crack now but I think I can still wear them.

Also happened to my DQM 90s that I hadn't worn in years (which I never really liked anyway) and a pair of Hua LEs.

Last edited:
^^took my pair out this week to find the outsole starting to hardening up, because of not wearing them enough and they just be lying around the house. The outsole (especially the forefoot) then simply turns into hard plastic, that will obviously break once you walk on them. There's a small crack now but I think I can still wear them.

Also happened to my DQM 90s that I hadn't worn in years (which I never really liked anyway) and a pair of Hua LEs.
i will keep that in mind.  im super guilty of putting ish on ice.  took me 8 years to wear a few pairs.  

idk why, but im more ecstatic about the redwoods than the navs.  i know navs are iconic, more renowned, hella detailed and quality, but something about the redwoods that is just breath taking.  i think its the simplicity in color way, but quality materials used.  subtly in detail is always an eye catcher. 

Last edited:
nice pick ups. words of wisdom.....always wear your shoes, even if it's just around the house and sparingly....leaving a pair ds for yrs is a remedy for disaster

I know, but sometimes you just feel like wearing pair A & B more often than pair C. Don't know why I didn't wear those Huas more often because I really liked them, and very very comfortable. Probably had to do with them being hard to combine (the 04 Wms white volt release) and work requiring wearing not too flashy clothing.

Just tried them on again, they might still be just wearable.

nice pick ups. words of wisdom.....always wear your shoes, even if it's just around the house and sparingly....leaving a pair ds for yrs is a remedy for disaster

I've been doing this more. Just rocking ish the house. It's a nice way to enjoy them without unDSing them.

whats better than a pair of kicks waiting for you at the door step when you get out of work? 2 pairs!  another pair came through today, which i did not expect.  "didnt even have to use my AK, today was a good day..."
i like the redwoods more tho, slept on them when they came out

ive never managed to find them in my size anymore just like with the AM1 newspapers
sick.gif

Last edited:

i like the redwoods more tho, slept on them when they came out

ive never managed to find them in my size anymore just like with the AM1 newspapers
sick.gif
stop giving me sneakers to find!!!  

sidenote: 

anyone have any sneakers with the raised stitching under the insole at the toes?  typically its under the big toe.  if so, anyone have fixes for this, or is it just one of those things you have to live with?  ive historically seen this most on 90s.  its the stitching that starts on the inseam and curves around the front to the outside on the foot. 

Last edited:
these are slept on imo...awesome summer sneaker...i always seem to wear them when i go to the movies though...have my whole aisle glowing....
Funny you say that. I pretty much only wear these to the movies too for the same reason.

Back
Top Bottom