The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

So yeah basically that confirms my observation at the end of the post about the early 2000s shape. It's as if the Nike designers used the 2008 infrared to reshape the recrafts...makes no sense.
It's not an Air Max 1 OG Retro, it's an Air Max 1 Retro Retro with the OG colorway then...

Anyway, it made me save big bucks in 2016/2017 by not buying any of the CWs :lol: Still want my OG Aqua and Royals retros in a true '87 shape though |l

Here’s the video btw

And the article talks about them choosing to model it after the Urawa.

That's baffling....should have modeled off the OG....SMH.

Was about to pull the trigger on a Hibbetts pair (still carting BTW!), then my Nike pair came in. VERY small signs of glue at the toe, but nothing like the pic above in here. I'm happy with them! Definitely feel the air bag out of the box; I'm sure they'll break in beautifully too!

Someone may have mentioned this before, but I forgot that they include the arch supports....wow, that's a blast from the past! OG box is a nice touch, but a little long for stacking with the other boxes. Really great release; happy to wear in one pair!

Reactions: 907
Going to try and scoop up as much as I can. 👏

DF556B94-3F6A-4FA0-904F-B144E27F4615.jpeg

I need to know that I'll have a pair for the next 5 years lol.

-Drew

So I've had these for a long time. Actually like the colorway and they're actually quite comfortable, but now that I have the Infrared, when the heck would I ever wear these! Maybe I can give it to one of my kids when they fit into them. Wouldn't be worth anything to sell. Just gotta keep the box stack sizes down....

1605123911969.png

So I've had these for a long time. Actually like the colorway and they're actually quite comfortable, but now that I have the Infrared, when the heck would I ever wear these! Maybe I can give it to one of my kids when they fit into them. Wouldn't be worth anything to sell. Just gotta keep the box stack sizes down....

1605123911969.png
Someone on selling sites/apps would probably buy for the right price. There’s always goodwill as well.

Not doubting you, but curious about which details?
They beat me to it below. My biggest gripe is the heel. The OG shape and height is much different than than the ‘17’s. Gives the shoe a much different look.
Well they fixed the toebox a little, somehow matched the look/feel of the materials to match the OGs, but there still is structural changes needed IMHO.
As all AM retros, they lack the aggressiveness (this is even more flagrant when you compare the OG BWs vs the 2016 ones) and the skleekness of the OGs - this is corrected with the 90s recrafts.
Major changes to do are:
1. The flat heel should be more curved, seems like nothing but actually changes a lot the look
2. The swoosh shape is too fat, not long enough, and not inclined enough. This adds a lot to the sleek look.
3. The sole is not curved enough. There's a little tilt at the back that fails to replicate the OGs, the front could do better but is ok-ish
4. The mudguard at the toebox is too fat, and the toebox could do better with a slight reshape.

1605117680602.png

IMO the 2016/17 retros replicate the late 1990s/early 2000s AM1 retro better than the true 1986 OG...look at this (blue version)
1605118221140.png

396C22DF-AD61-44F1-9CC0-2BAB32B39774.jpeg

Normally I can reshape or pull off glue stains and usually never worry about the pair I’m receiving. But I can’t seem to get this glue off. Guess I’ll have to try and cop at another retailer and swap out or something

edit: just realized this pic isnt even close to how bad it looks IRL. im normally not that picky, glue stains are normal but this i cant do.

Ordered another pair off hibbett. lets hope!

Last edited:
Went back to the Hibbett link after the gym and got through. $26 shipping to Ak sucks though. Im gonna hold them and Hope I can get a pair with free shipping from Nike or FTL and send that pair back. I should be able to find another pair before the 60 dayreturn period is up. I'm cheap, I know.

Just got my pair in.. whats really good with this massive box lmao :lol: I wasnt expecting that after all the ****** boxes we got with recrafts. I guess they listened to all the complaints in here :lol: but bruh, between recrafts, OGs, and regular 90s, this is a mess for stacking your boxes lol!

Still love the OG box and at least they arent mashed together anymore.

Did anyone else that ordered from Hibbet not get a confirmation email? I got that something still in your cart email. But my cc was charged.

Back
Top Bottom