The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

gt3cpf0ok7w8mxsginhq.jpg

Was OG infrared Hyvent orange or radiant red, heard conflicting stories

This image reminded me to train my HR like this GOAT here. Dude was running ~5:20min/mile at 155BPM. :wow: WTF!?!

~@1:30

Oranges are dope but they’re no infrareds. The thought of passing on infrareds in leu of this orange pair is cringe to me but to each his own. And correct me if I’m wrong but if the box says “red” and apparently the vintage catalogs say “H-Red” or “Radiant Red” then where the hell do people get this “hyvent orange” name from?

Peep my post above. OG mens says “H-Red”
OG GS says “Rad Red”

Nike officially has them catalogued as “Radiant Red” ...so goes the conundrum lol

I came across that GS pair awhile back and realized it actually said Rad Red.

Lots of BS info out there.

So what you’re saying is the term “hyvent orange” was pulled out of someone’s ***? Lol

Red Run Red Run - Yo, this is fun to learn more about this story, 'cause I just learned about it a few months ago through a WearTesters video.

illustrayt illustrayt - That's basically running stupid fast at a jogging pace. The hell!

Right?! Look into the Maffetone HR training.

When it comes to running “long distances”, 10K and up, your cardio system has to be functioning efficiently. By efficiently, running fast paces at a relatively low HR. Running not sprinting is considered an aerobic exercise. I used to think that “no pain, no gain” was the way to train for races. I still push it, but I’m transitioning from old ways to low HR training. Since races have been cancelled with the pandemic going on, right now is the best time to give this a shot.

Should i get the pink 90s now in a men’s size or you guys think they will be further marked down?

monkeyd monkeyd - Kidding, haha. I dig the orange, honestly! However, I've yet to see in-hand pictures of them so I could be surprised about how they look once they come.

illustrayt illustrayt - I'll need to look into that!

I mostly only mess with 90's with the Infrared color blocking which is why I copped all of these damn starbursts joints lol. As for the whole orange thing.. I was never into 90s until a few years ago other than Infrareds so IDK but I def bought them with the 'just in case' in mind.

I heard Infrareds are coming this Winter but nothing is promised with Covid running amuck. So I definitely copped with the idea that these are the Infrared release UNTIL we actually get them. In my mind they are coming and these will get sent byke!! :lol:

Butttttt if they dontttttt... :lol:

The mx orange came in 2002, the color is considered the closest to the og. I think modzzilla modzzilla or AIRMAXDISCIPLE AIRMAXDISCIPLE would be the ones to answer, i remember it being a topic a couple of years ago between longstanding knowledgeable heads in here .
I have em all lol
We were talking about where the Orange came from in “hyvent Orange”
I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt saying, Maybe they confused em with ‘02 MXs. Has nothing to do with what’s closest to OGs

I have em all lol
We were talking about where the Orange came from in “hyvent Orange”
I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt saying, Maybe they confused em with ‘02 MXs. Has nothing to do with what’s closest to OGs
I know, my guy! I member when it was you and maxamillion running things in here, lol. You might have been a part of said convo way back when.

Back
Top Bottom