The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Well AMC+ also have exclusives like Des and Soul Mates if anybody are in to that.

Other than that nah from what I see unless you're in to past shows cancelled by AMC.

Master Zik Master Zik That fight with the Buff Gypsies was so fly. **** had me hyped.
I got that feeling I got as a kid when Larussa landed the Crane Kick. That damn butcher knife that he had, and then the kill shot at the end, EPIC

Master Zik Master Zik That fight with the Buff Gypsies was so fly. **** had me hyped.
I got that feeling I got as a kid when Larussa landed the Crane Kick. That damn butcher knife that he had, and then the kill shot at the end, EPIC
It only gets better.

One more epic fight in another abandoned building, and then there's a few epic shootouts. Even the gunfights on this show are top notch.

There's 2 or 3 endings to eps that'll just have your heart pounding :wow:

finished the last episode of Queen Gambit and what a show. Was this just a 1 season type of show?

As other dude said yeah limited series, I dont see how they could even do a 2nd season. A hidden chess master in the jungles of SE Asia that she has to train as a ninja to infiltrate the camp and challenge him to a game? :lol:

As other dude said yeah limited series, I dont see how they could even do a 2nd season. A hidden chess master in the jungles of SE Asia that she has to train as a ninja to infiltrate the camp and challenge him to a game? :lol:
yeah, I think a 2nd season would just ruin it. It does feel like they maxed out on that first season

Better than Top Boy?

Ngl, I think Top Boy is #1 in my book of all time right now. Queens Gambit and Narcos prolly rounds out my top 3. Honorable mention: Shameless
Completely different things imo.

Gangs of London is a hardcore action series with an intricate murder plot of a kingpin.

Better than Top Boy?

Ngl, I think Top Boy is #1 in my book of all time right now. Queens Gambit and Narcos prolly rounds out my top 3. Honorable mention: Shameless
Seen both

Top Boy is better IMO, just because I rate shows on story most of all.

They are different shows though. The story is Gangs of London is kinda convoluted, it is really just a vehicle to get from one action scene to the other.

But there is one episode in Gangs of London that is one of the best action gunfight sequences I have seen in any media.

Finished the season last month.

One of the best new shows of the year. Its a shame it took so long to come to the states and now its only on the AMC streaming service.

Anybody with Amazon Prime should check it out via AMC.

Season was CRAZY!

For those that don't know, the show was created by the director of the Raid movies 🔥
Stupid *** Warner Media execs caused that. Since they killed Cinemax developing new shows.

And for some reason, they don't want to move Cinemax stuff to HBO Max.

I dunno what they doing over there.

Stupid *** Warner Media execs caused that. Since they killed Cinemax developing new shows.

And for some reason, they don't want to move Cinemax stuff to HBO Max.

I dunno what they doing over there.
I feel like I heard about this show/saw the trailer more than over a year ago. Aired in the UK first, okay fine. Then they said it was coming to Cinemax. Some places online still say its coming there. Warner just shuts down Cinemax's original programming studio. Cancelled dope shows (Warrior about to be done, Jett cancelled, etc.) and after that I didnt know what was going on until recently learning it was on AMC+ (first time hearing about that).

They missed out on having a grip of shows on HBO Max.

I just found out if you have HBO through Amazon you get HBO max for free. I guess im gonna marathon Raised by Wolves.

I just found out if you have HBO through Amazon you get HBO max for free. I guess im gonna marathon Raised by Wolves.

Same, just downloaded the app 2 days ago. Put RbW, Fresh Prince Reunion and Charm City Kids on the watchlist immediately.

Gangs of London

Now this is how you EDIT a high octane Action Series.

Noneof that lazy American casting/directing that forces the editor to do visual gymnastics where they have to edit one single punch down to 3-5 takes just so you don’t see how bad the Actor/ress is at actually throwing a simple punch.

There is nothing worse than watching an Amercian Action sequence where Actor 1 throws a punch and as soon as they wind up, the camera cuts to the shot from behind the person who is supposed to be receiving the punch, so you miss the actual punch thrown, instead you see the person intended to take the punch from behind and their head snaps back to make it look like they got hit, then the edit takes you back to behind the person throwing the punch as they follow through, and your mind is thinking he just punched TF out of him/her, but your eyes are saying what the hell did I just see.

Just sloppy.
This is done right.
Jackie Chan would be proud.

Back
Top Bottom