The Official NBA Season Thread: Season Starts Now

1000007043.png

1000007044.png

how were you wrong?
the last sentence predicted it perfectly.

Was it before 2008?

If so it's time for the nursing home.

Oh i fall asleep during west coast games now. I’ve accepted my fate lol.

But i’ve done my part. My son is ten and listens to everything from Frank Sinatra to Stevie’ Wonder to the Eagles to Bob Marley to Dipset. He puts me on to new music which is good for me. While he might not play older rap constantly he was taught the culture. He was taught we are here because of them. Respect those before. We have visited important hip hop sites, read books together and I’ve been fortunate to know a few to tell some cool stories to him.

Unfortunately either too many people were not taught that simple lesson from their fathers or anyone else. So to be cool they diss old music. Which is asinine as they will be old one day.

Gelo dissing Cam that was stupid and disrespectful. Cam’s career was better than most. Meanwhile he’s best known for stealing in China and getting another talentless IG chick knocked up.

It’s quite funny in my 20s, 30 years ago was the 70s. Today 30 years ago in the mid 1990s..

wild lol

Not all older dudes deserve respect tho. Every older guy in the media wants to be a OG now, but all Cam do is hate and diss like a young immature dude. So Gelo just dissed him back. He dont owe him respect just cuz he's aged. Especially since he started the trash talk

Oh i fall asleep during west coast games now. I’ve accepted my fate lol.

But i’ve done my part. My son is ten and listens to everything from Frank Sinatra to Stevie’ Wonder to the Eagles to Bob Marley to Dipset. He puts me on to new music which is good for me. While he might not play older rap constantly he was taught the culture. He was taught we are here because of them. Respect those before. We have visited important hip hop sites, read books together and I’ve been fortunate to know a few to tell some cool stories to him.

Unfortunately either too many people were not taught that simple lesson from their fathers or anyone else. So to be cool they diss old music. Which is asinine as they will be old one day.

Gelo dissing Cam that was stupid and disrespectful. Cam’s career was better than most. Meanwhile he’s best known for stealing in China and getting another talentless IG chick knocked up.

It’s quite funny in my 20s, 30 years ago was the 70s. Today 30 years ago in the mid 1990s..

wild lol

fathers :sick:, how about parents.

but anyway, this is our generations fault.

when were kids at some point in the day you had no choice but to listen to or watch what your parents did, be it old music, the news, MASH 🤮

this give us a forced upon appreciation for the eras before us. our tastes were multifaceted and were allowed to germinate and grow based off multiple influences.

as soon as our kids are old enough our generation stuck a device in their hands. that device allowed them to consume only what they like on a 24 hour basis. the algorithms only made it worse.

my 18yo wasnt even allowed to even make his own playlists until he turned 12-13. this is why he has a real appreciation for old school music, some of this new music disgusts him the same way it does us.

this is why just an education on, reading about and such doesnt do the justice we think it does.

Last edited:
Not all older dudes deserve respect tho. Every older guy in the media wants to be a OG now, but all Cam do is hate and diss like a young immature dude. So Gelo just dissed him back. He dont owe him respect just cuz he's aged. Especially since he started the trash talk

Cam was raised by cats that poked at you and told it like it is in an effort to motivate you.

ala Shaquing a fool

younger doods like you only see it as hating

i didnt like it either, but i understood what they were doing.

Back
Top Bottom