The Official NBA Season Thread: Pre-Season Games Underway | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

e24255c69baa0b5cffd254f3b3fdc06f9dfa9d1.jpg

What’s the story behind this picture?

White dudes gave up the name “Tyrone, Terrell, Jerome & Jermaine” collectively at the same period.

One of the strangest things :lol:

I was watching “Price is right” once and there was a white guy named Tyrone.

My actual name is Tyrone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I did my research a long time ago and found out that it was Irish. Shout out Tyrone Power too. Legendary 1930s and 40s actor.

Females been saying “you better call Tyroneeeeee” every time I tell them my name since 1997 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I had to have an “old” fashioned name, give me Cleotis, Otha, or Leeadis, or Luther

I have an uncle named Leeadis :lol: :lol:

These Networks alwayyyyyys make exceptions for the NYC/NJ market. Plenty Knicks, Jets, Giants, Nets games have had no business being on TV but because it’s “New York City”…
salt

there are a lot of sports teams in the nyc area because of the dense tri state population & market which is probably the biggest in the country so that has a lot do with it, but there are cities with lesser amount of sports franchises that get comparatively more coverage in national tv apperances

this is just a basketball tv schedule for the season
let's apply that same scrutiny to individual teams instead of whole cities because comparing a place like minneapolis to nyc is :lol:

These Networks alwayyyyyys make exceptions for the NYC/NJ market. Plenty Knicks, Jets, Giants, Nets games have had no business being on TV but because it’s “New York City”…
No one outside of New York cares about the damn city or its teams tho… this ain’t the 90s

I was watching “Price is right” once and there was a white guy named Tyrone.

My actual name is Tyrone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I did my research a long time ago and found out that it was Irish. Shout out Tyrone Power too. Legendary 1930s and 40s actor.

Females been saying “you better call Tyroneeeeee” every time I tell them my name since 1997 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I had to have an “old” fashioned name, give me Cleotis, Otha, or Leeadis, or Luther

I have an uncle named Leeadis :lol: :lol:

Irish/Gaelic culture has some dope names tho.

They’re spelled crazy too. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom