The Official NBA Season Thread: Pre-Season Games Underway | RIP Dikembe Mutombo 🙏

Dream too small. Joke would score on him at will. Look how joke cooks bam and AD with ease. BBQ chicken

Feel like Joker could just bury Dream under the rim like he does AD every time.
It’s a better discussion than most we have in here.

‘95 Shaq was 300 like Jokic. And Shaq was Shaq in that series. Got a lot of buckets. Nobody else after Penny did anything though & as a unit the Magic couldn’t score, particularly in the latter half of the series. Kind of like Denver’s struggles against Minny :lol:

So like most every player A/B conversations, we’re splitting hairs and the other 8 guys on the floor would determine whose team would win :lol:

459165972_912359974259730_4204904783640660822_n.jpg

american-pie2-cameron-geenz.gif

Grading Dream defensively as the best ever when guards in his era were not anywhere to the caliber of guards today is why these cross-generational comparisons are kind of pointless.

The game is so much faster-paced, and off the bounce skills are so much higher, he would have to defend so much more space today. And he was a mobile guy so maybe he would look better idk, I just think these discussions are kind of pointless. Is Dream really a better defender than KG/Duncan, I don't know.

I would have Dream ahead of Jokic right now all-time but I just watched Jokic play against Team USA and be the best guy on the court. If you think he's better I'm not mad at that either.

Dream was missing the playoffs during his prime, and couldn't get it done with the original super team. How much helps does Hakeem need?

Et37cxqWYAINK7-.jpg

Why do you guys like to lie so much? The 1980s was pace, one of the highest scoring eras in NBA history:lol: :lol: :rofl:

3 of the top 10 scoring teams of all time are from the 80s. Gameplay slowed down in the 90s but, people forget that he played in the 80s as well. The athletes of today aren’t that much better than the 80s to the present.

Look at Luka and Jokic. Even Haliburton. Neither of those guys are athletic but, they’re elite performers.

You guys talk about athletes from the past, but guys like Luka and Jokic are dominating right now :lol:

“Dream was missing the playoffs during his prime”

Hakeem went to the NBA FINALS his SECOND season.

Hakeem made the playoffs 13 of his first 14 seasons.

Went to the finals BEFORE Jordan…. What are you talking about?

Last edited:
Grading Dream defensively as the best ever when guards in his era were not anywhere to the caliber of guards today is why these cross-generational comparisons are kind of pointless.

The game is so much faster-paced, and off the bounce skills are so much higher, he would have to defend so much more space today. And he was a mobile guy so maybe he would look better idk, I just think these discussions are kind of pointless. Is Dream really a better defender than KG/Duncan, I don't know.

I would have Dream ahead of Jokic right now all-time but I just watched Jokic play against Team USA and be the best guy on the court. If you think he's better I'm not mad at that either.

Dream was missing the playoffs during his prime, and couldn't get it done with the original super team. How much helps does Hakeem need?

Et37cxqWYAINK7-.jpg

1. We are totally capable of using our brains and making reasonable inferences about how players would translate across eras.

2. Hakeem was more athletic and mobile than Duncan. and way way way better rim protector than KG.
He's got a similar athletic profile to a KG but with some of the best shot blocking timing and instincts of all time.

3. Hakeem was in his post prime when he won the two rings, and he was past his prime by the time Barkley and Pippen got there.

The idea that those guys were a "super team" is laughable.

It’s a better discussion than most we have in here.

‘95 Shaq was 300 like Jokic. And Shaq was Shaq in that series. Got a lot of buckets. Nobody else after Penny did anything though & as a unit the Magic couldn’t score, particularly in the latter half of the series. Kind of like Denver’s struggles against Minny :lol:

So like most every player A/B conversations, we’re splitting hairs and the other 8 guys on the floor would determine whose team would win :lol:

shaq turn over rate doubled that series, he got box score stats, but was def less efficient than normal that series.
Orlando was the number one offense in the league that year, and the rockets throttled them.

Shaq might have scored 1 on 1 reasonably well, he wasn't driving efficient offence.

Hakeem has this problem where he won rings in his post prime.
and he was largely anonymous stuck on horrible teams during his true physical prime.

younger people only remember the less athletic Hakeem.

here is young 86 Hakeem blocking the allegedly unblockable sky hook from Kareem.

He missed the playoffs in '92, lost to old *** Magic in the first round winning only one game across two series in '91 & '90. From '88 to '92, he lost in the first round every year...He had early success getting to the finals in '86 but once Sampson got injured, the Rockets really were a very mediocre team (that wasn't his fault).

If you want to compare the fast pace 80's where the skill level of guards can't really compare to the skill level of guards today, that's fine. I never said Dream couldn't play lol, I said the idea he's head-and-shoulders above Jokic just isn't true.

His peaks were as high as any big ever, but he had a lot of down moments in his career, it's okay to acknowledge that.

He missed the playoffs in '92, lost to old *** Magic in the first round winning only one game across two series in '91 & '90. From '88 to '92, he lost in the first round every year...He had early success getting to the finals in '86 but once Sampson got injured, the Rockets really were a very mediocre team (that wasn't his fault).

If you want to compare the fast pace 80's where the skill level of guards can't really compare to the skill level of guards today, that's fine. I never said Dream couldn't play lol, I said the idea he's head-and-shoulders above Jokic just isn't true.

His peaks were as high as any big ever, but he had a lot of down moments in his career, it's okay to acknowledge that.

- he was dealing with heart problems during the 92 season and had a down year.
- MAGIC WENT TO THE FINALS, :lol:
it's somehow an insult to lose a playoff series to the GOAT PG wut? old ***, Magic was 31?
- yes when his second best player got hurt, the rockets weren't as good.

you're acting like Hakeem played in 1956. it wasn't that long ago. :lol:

I swear this whole skill talk is where reason goes to die.

Hakeem was consistently great his entire career, he was stuck on horrible teams, with a cheap skate owner. the minute he got a halfway decent team, he won two rings.

If Jokic can hold up defensively with the skill level of modern guards.
I think Hakeem freaking Olajuwon is prob gonna be pretty incredible.

I don’t understand how when these guys are amateurs/kids that their coaches never show them how to properly shoot. That’s something you notice at a young age and fix immediately. Not at 25+ years old

Thank AAU

When would they have time? It takes hours of and hours of rep and practice to rework your muscle memory to change the way you shoot the ball.

Player development at youth levels is lacking.

Back
Top Bottom