The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why yall gotta do my dude awwsome like this

Also, lamekilla went from Lebby hater to Lebby lover

What a time

I still believe Bron is the second best player in history, he just might not win another title.

Individual greatness doesn't always = team success, they don't exist in a vacuum.

Wiggins shot terrible too

More room for improvement though. They still make it to the finals w/ him instead of Love and he grows more. He'd be a great addition to that 3/4 position which is where GSW is killing CLE.

Last edited:

Why yall gotta do my dude awwsome like this

Also, lamekilla went from Lebby hater to Lebby lover

What a time
watching to much espn will do that to you . 
laugh.gif
  people with they dumb imaginary  list. 

this is looking like the worst finals . doesnt even feel like the finals. feels like we getting ripped off. aside from that okc vs gs series these playoffs have been horrible. 

Last edited:
I still believe Bron is the second best player in history, he just might not win another title.

Individual greatness doesn't always = team success, they don't exist in a vacuum.
I said a few months back Lebby has won his last title

I still can't even really fathom this but I believe it's true 

Also, there's absolutely 0 reason why J.R. Smith should have clocked 36min if he wasn't producing. Take his min down and split them between Shump and Delly, bringing Delly in at the 1 and sliding Kyrie down to the 2. CLE needs a PG that is not a score first guard

I said a few months back Lebby has won his last title

I still can't even really fathom this but I believe it's true 

It's crazy because I thought he would win at least 4 back when he first went to Miami.

Still doesn't take away from what he's done to those who can be objective.

His 2013 season was a masterpiece and still the best two way season in history.

He probably has nightmares where Curry pulls up from 30 feet, I know he didn't expect there to be a team and player this good standing in his way.

Nobody I mean nobody wants to play defense in Cleveland its been that way in Cleveland all year against elite running teams..Since lebby has come back to cavs his defense is AWOL except for a few chase downs or passing lane gambles.They aren't physical and people cherry pick them because guards don't get back..TT should hug lebby everyday for getting him paid..dude is stealing money..

if steph goes gawd mode in game 3 and gsw wins, they return to oakland with the trophy. have a feeling steph goes crazy in game 3 and it overshadows whatever bron does.

Defense won't matter much if the offense can't muster more than 85-90 points a game.

Really surprised to see the Cavs get power washed these first two games. Didn't expect them to win the series but I thought they would at least be competitive :lol: :smh:

It's funny to me that the Cavs' second best player last night was a guy who peaked 10 years ago.

The question is if the Cavs aren't as good as last year or if the Warriors are that much better now?

You could argue both but since they did go 73-9 I would side with them being that much better this year.

Both are true. The Warriors got much better than last year. Hell, they improved within a matter of 3 games from that OKC series :lol:

The Cavs are better as well, because they have a "full" roster and they've been playing with better fluidity, up until this Finals.

At the end of the day, Lue is being outcoached and his inexperience is being exposed. Big time.

Would love to see the Cavs try

1 Delly 2 Kyrie 3 Lebron 4 Love 5 Mozgov

OR

1 Delly 2 Shumpert 3 Lebron 4 TT 5 Mozgov with Kyrie & Love off the bench

the second lineup worked well last year and gives that bench a well needed boost.

This isn't a half-baked idea. The Cavs need some size and defense. They're not getting killed so much from the big guns as they are from the water torture. Too many role players are getting easy points, all because the Cavs are switching up on everything and not communicating. If you're Lue, you have to go big and put in your defensive line.

Put Delly in the 1 and Irving on the 2. Shumpert goes to the 3 and LeBron and Mozgov plays 4-5 respectability. You bench Love and JR, but that could work in your favor when the Warriors B team checks in.

why frye is not getting some minutes

Because the Warriors are sticking to him a groupy in a hotel filled with an NBA team. The man can't get off a decent shot to save his life. At least he's maintaining that fantastic FG% from the 3 :lol:

I've BEEN saying this for YEARS now and now you guys want to act like it's the first time you've heard all this? Hell, Freeze, Sea Man and many others have said this **** as well. LeBron was always just a damn freight train coming your way. He's never had a part of his game where you'd know he'd automatically get 2 points for you. There was always that possibility that he'd miss, pass or turn the ball over.

I've said this last night and I'll say it again, Lebron needs to work on that mid-range game with some footwork if he wants to sniff that Kobe and MJ level.

after last night dont think anybody will bet on cavs

Aren't the Cavs +1 favorites for game 3? I have a feeling they'll win game 3, but game 4 will be another story.

If I was a betting man, I'd put some money on the Warriors game 4.

Funny thing is he had the mid-range and post game for the rest of his Miami tenure, even a respectable 3pt % but all of those have fallen by the wayside in his return to Cleveland.

I don't think he's ever had a mid-range. The spacing and concern for his FG% was an illusion of how good of a jump shooter he was.

Yup. I still maintain that Miami LeBron was an elite jump shooter.

Again, floor spacing and FG% conservation played in the illusion of this.

I think people are more or less just surprised at how much he has taken a step back.  It appears that he has forgotten any post moves he once had and his jumper is broke as hell.  The dude needs to spend serious time in the gym over the summer.

I don't know if he's forgotten his post moves. It's more of a function of the Warriors funneling him into the help defense and using the baseline as another defender. It's actually a thing of beauty seeing the Warriors defensive strategy on LeBron play out.

Pressure burst pipes. I really think he's just in his head like all the time now.

Too much pressure :lol:

He didn't have to do much in Miami. He was putting up video game numbers because that was stacked.

Again, floor spacing played a MAJOR role in this. Bosh was almost everything for that team.

Part of this series irritates me because it seems like the blame for these losses is being placed everywhere but Lebron.  For the first three series the Cavs were moving the ball extremely well now it has just turned into Lebron dribbling 10-15 seconds off the shot clock every possession and moving the ball late in the shot clock after a failed ISO.  Not to mention he over extends his help D so he is consistently leaving Green open on the perimeter.  

Lebron deserves as much blame as Love or Irving at this point and trading those guys isn't going to make the Cavs better.

I think the NBA TV crew last night put a lot of the ball stopping blame on LeBron. Kenny Smith even said something along the lines of no one on Cavs should hold the ball longer than 3 seconds or for 3 dribbles.

Dray bang bang on these cleveland fools the whole night. :pimp:

giphy.gif

I swear, this is exactly how I play with Dray in NBA 2k16. Get that pick and pop with Dray all day.

Imma go out on a limb and say that Finals MVP will be Shawn Livingston. Dude is playing the best ball of his career. 

It would be an amazing narrative if he got the Finals MVP. He's been playing at an incredibly high level as well.

After thinking about it, Thunder done effed up by causing GS to level up.

GS at SSJ was tough enough already and an easy threat to win the title.

GS at Super Saiyan God level cannot even be bothered except by another team that has reached that level. There's no such other team.

Cleveland literally bringing a tablespoon to fight against tanks.

Warriors brought a gun to a knife fight :lol:

Anticipating slander of an EPIC level if Golden State wins and Curry, Thompson and Bron play for the USA team, and Curry & Thompson lead Bron to gold.

Defense won't matter much if the offense can't muster more than 85-90 points a game.
Defense always matters giving up 3s on crap rotations no transition buckets for your offense..giving up layups in half court sets because guys ball watch...cherry pick runouts on defensive rebounds
Your offense doesn't matter if you can't stop the bleeding..Half court ISO when ur down double digits no d on other end = not smart bball

That Kerr quote photo is correct and I've been one of the few on here who has said the same exact thing. Bron gets by on his size, take 30-40lbs away and he's "average" size for a SG/SF in the league. Without any solid skills to rely on, once father time starts beatin him down (which seems to be happening moreso now) what does he have to rely on? Vince made the change to his game, as did scumbag extraordinaire Derek Fisher, what is Bron going to change his game to once the miles start weight heavier on the engine?

Defense always matters giving up 3s on crap rotations no transition buckets for your offense..giving up layups in half court sets because guys ball watch...cherry pick runouts on defensive rebounds
Your offense doesn't matter if you can't stop the bleeding..Half court ISO when ur down double digits no d on other end = not smart bball
View media item 2058352
Giving up that many points is bad, but scoring so few points is just as bad. :lol:

They're ******.

Anticipating slander of an EPIC level if Golden State wins and Curry, Thompson and Bron play for the USA team, and Curry & Thompson lead Bron to gold.

That would have to be the most awkward roster of all time. Anticipate Steph and Klay laughing their butt off at a joke and going crickets when Bron walks in.

That Kerr quote photo is correct and I've been one of the few on here who has said the same exact thing. Bron gets by on his size, take 30-40lbs away and he's "average" size for a SG/SF in the league. Without any solid skills to rely on, once father time starts beatin him down (which seems to be happening moreso now) what does he have to rely on? Vince made the change to his game, as did scumbag extraordinaire Derek Fisher, what is Bron going to change his game to once the miles start weight heavier on the engine?

You really comparing Derek Fisher and Vince Cater to Lebron James?

I mean, I'm not the BIGGEST LeBron apologist out there. But damn!

I get what you mean though. Been saying this since his 9th-11th year. The guys takes a beating on a nightly basis. Eventually age will catch up to him and he won't be able to rely on that athleticism for much longer.

LeBron's biggest issue is that he's surrounded by people who don't have the testicular fortitude tell him he needs to switch his game up.

I expected GS to roast Cleveland defensively. Didn't expect them to lock them up like this. Their offense was all they had going for them.

View media item 2058352
Giving up that many points is bad, but scoring so few points is just as bad. :lol:

They're ******.
I'm with you i think we are both right its a chicken or egg Convo..Gsw plays d gets runouts on blocks turnovers d rebounds quick ball movement for scores..like i said in my last Cleveland dribble dribble ISO no ball movement or cutting will not get job done against gsw dfense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom