The Official NBA Finals Thread: Game 7 - Cleveland Cavaliers are your 2016 NBA Champions

Who will win the 2016 NBA finals?

• Dubs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cavs

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we all just get along? :smh::lol:

Couple of things that stands out Kobe vs Lebron (meet them both btw) Kobe eliminated the most 50 win teams in playoff history (played in the harder conference). Overall 5-2 in Finals.

Lebron 2011 MELTDOWN in the finals was beyond surreal someone with his talents, never seen anything like it. Also he holds the record for biggest average lost in finals history (2014 vs Spurs).

However, he also hold the record for coming back down 3-1 in the finals. Extremely impressive against 73-9 team. To play devils advocate, Green didn't play game 5, Bogut got hurt also. Then Iggy broke is back in game 6 :lol: Overall 3-4 in Finals.

I thought some y'all were saying Lebron wasn't even top 10 as recently as a few months ago.

I could be wrong about you exactly. It's just whole Laker groupthink may distort my memory.
naw i had him at 8 before on my imaginary list. i think hes easy top5after these finals. like i said . super impressive. probably the most impressive finals performances ive ever seen. 

Kobe avg 15-4-4 in the first championship. Shot 36% from the field and 20% from 3. Yet people use that championship ring as a reason why he shouldbe consideree better than LeBron. :lol:

What does that have to do with him shooting poorly in game 7 yet doing other things? It was just an interesting juxtaposition seeing as how Kobe was trashed for shooting bad and still winning and that everyone else Artest and Pau saved him.

MJ
Magic
Bron
Bean
Duncan

I'm old as hell and I seen a lot of ball, I would have put Jabbar but he was at the tale end of his career during the mid to late 80s, Dominque was fantastic, Thomas was the real baby faced assassin, I could replace Duncan with Pippen, he had a slow start but he got there, I could've put Bird on there, etc.... but of all time Lebron is by far at the very least the greatest "SF" to ever play. It's tight between him and Bird and let's be honest Bird doesn't have the athleticism of Bron.

Can't we all just get along? :smh::lol:

Couple of things that stands out Kobe vs Lebron (meet them both btw) Kobe eliminated the most 50 win teams in playoff history (played in the harder conference). Overall 5-2 in Finals.

Lebron 2011 MELTDOWN in the finals was beyond surreal someone with his talents, never seen anything like it. Also he holds the record for biggest average lost in finals history (2014 vs Spurs).

However, he also hold the record for coming back down 3-1 in the finals. Extremely impressive against 73-9 team. To play devils advocate, Green didn't play game 5, Bogut got hurt also. Then Iggy broke is back in game 6 :lol: Overall 3-4 in Finals.
True. Good points.

I thought some y'all were saying Lebron wasn't even top 10 as recently as a few months ago.

I could be wrong about you exactly. It's just whole Laker groupthink may distort my memory.

Nah I had him at 9 before yesterday. I know it's just one ring, but it's significance and the way it happened meant that much to warrant the jump for me.

People born BEFORE 1985

Is there anything LeBron can do to surpass Jordan?
No, that ship has sailed.

This is no knock against lebron, but I don't think his game is going to age gracefully.  He needs to put in more time in the post because once his speed starts to go he needs something that he can consistently fall back on.

People born BEFORE 1985

'73 Tough to surpass. MJ was an unquestioned alpha dog on a 6 for 6 squad. He also added various elements to his game when his otherworldly athleticism started to ever so slightly fade. Jordan is a tough nut to crack. That being said, I'm objective enough to say that Lebron does several things on the court that MJ couldn't do. If someone said that they thought Lebron was a better team basketball player than MJ, I wouldn't argue.

No, that ship has sailed.

This is no knock against lebron, but I don't think his game is going to age gracefully.  He needs to put in more time in the post because once his speed starts to go he needs something that he can consistently fall back on.
IMO his game will age just fine. In theory it won't due to his style of play and lack of shooting, but he's unlike anything we've ever seen, so we really don't know.

People consistently talk about his game not aging well, or that he's declining, (which he for sure is) but he never gets hurt and is a genetic rarity. Next year will be his 14th season in the league man, If his game is going to fall as he gets older I gotta see it to truly believe it. In his 13th season he ran 19 mph to block that iggy joint man. He's still beyond elite athletically. 

Was born in 84 and those Jordan years were amazing. I don't think Lebby can do anything to pass MJ. However, just because he can't doesn't mean he hasn't had an amazing career.

And did i just read people comparing who Kobe and Shaq beat in the finals vs. who Lebron just beat as an argument as to why Lebron is better?

Really? Thats where we're at today? Something Kobe and Shaq had no control of?

Oh, and I also think Lebron is better than Kobe. Always have, always will. No knock on Kobe though. he's right behind him to me. Lebron was top 5 before this win. He just cemented his place.

The thing I find absolutely astonishing about lebron is the fact that the guy has as many miles as he does and hasn't dealt with a single major injury. No surgeries, no broken bones, no dislocations. His durability has been astonishing.

Why does the cutoff have to be 1985 though
eyes.gif
I tried to at least give people time to be able to EXPERIENCE Jordan 
laugh.gif

People born BEFORE 1985

'73 Tough to surpass. MJ was an unquestioned alpha dog on a 6 for 6 squad. He also added various elements to his game when his otherworldly athleticism started to ever so slightly fade. Jordan is a tough nut to crack. That being said, I'm objective enough to say that Lebron does several things on the court that MJ couldn't do. If someone said that they thought Lebron was a better team basketball player than MJ, I wouldn't argue.
I think this is a really fair assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom