*The OFFICIAL movie thread for Spielberg's " Lincoln" release date 11/16/2012* full trailer debuts 9

Might as well give it to him now. :wow:

Producer Kathleen Kennedy described Day-Lewis's performance as "remarkable" after 75% of the filming had been completed, and said, "Every day you get the chills thinking that Lincoln is sitting there right in front of you." Kennedy described Day-Lewis's method acting immersion into the role: "He is very much deeply invested and immersed throughout the day when he's in character, but he's very accessible at the end of the day, once he can step outside of it and not feel that – I mean, he's given huge scenes with massive amounts of dialogue and he needs to stay in character, it's a very, very performance-driven movie."

No John Wilkes Booth in this film?

I don't see any actors listed as playing him in the film.

Last edited:
wasn't there a recent movie about lincoln?
as a vampire killer. pretty sure this movie is based upon actual events
I think you mean Leslie Nielsen.
laugh.gif
 considering homie's been dead for 2yrs. dont think that would happen. couldnt take the movie seriously if he was in it anyways

i love ddl! of all his roles, i was always drawn to bill the butcher. his depiction of that character was on lock.

**** Abe Lincoln this movie will make him look like the slaves savior more than likely and not the manipulative racist he was

**** Abe Lincoln this movie will make him look like the slaves savior more than likely and not the manipulative racist he was

examples ?

i'm curious , not challenging your statement but i'm curious. everything i've ever heard about the man was how disgusted he was with slavery and how blacks were treated . i've never heard anything about him being a racist .

genuinely interested .......

also genuinely interested. im black and have really only overtly heard that abe lincoln was actually racist from oppressed groups that simply dont like the fact that a man of another race other than our own was in support of us. most are just blanketed statements. i was always under the impression that he was assassinated because he actually wanted to move the country forward with more equality that involved the culmination of all races. a movement not seen as positive by many natives. if im wrong and theres more to it, let me know as well

You'd be surprised at how many people really think he was too
laugh.gif

I hope this film is accurate, but its Hollywood so I won't keep my hopes up.

i wanna genuinely know more..not trying to derail the thread but ive never in all my years heard this until today.. i wanna know what yall know...enlighten me..

so lincoln WASNT this great liberator of african americans like ive been raised to believe???  

seen alot of replies hinting to this but nobody ffully came out to say why...im not sparking an argument..no rebuttle from me, as ill admit my ignorance on the subject matter...

let me kno tho NT....lemme kno

That cat Lincoln free'd us black folks so he could win the war....ole Bane from Dark Knight Rises type cat.

i wanna genuinely know more..not trying to derail the thread but ive never in all my years heard this until today.. i wanna know what yall know...enlighten me..

so lincoln WASNT this great liberator of african americans like ive been raised to believe???  

seen alot of replies hinting to this but nobody ffully came out to say why...im not sparking an argument..no rebuttle from me, as ill admit my ignorance on the subject matter...

let me kno tho NT....lemme kno

Emancipation Proclamation didn't free any slaves.

I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this one. DDL will give an amazing performance on top of the usual sappy Spielberg film.

Talbert

From what I remember off the top of my head. Lincoln wanted to send the slaves back to Africa, not because they should be free but to get them out of america. He was totally for segregation. Dude also had a "male friend" who he would share his bed with when his wife was away. There were many rumors of him being ayo.

Either way still looking forward to this DDL is going kill it.

Last edited:
He didn't free any slaves. When he wrote the emancipation proclamation, the south was already The Conferdate so what he said to them meant nothing. He had no jurisdiction. It was a political move and an effort to turn the slaves against their masters in the south, nothing more. The only reason he didn't go through with his plan to send all the slaves back to Africa was because it would have bankrupted the Union.

A little fact here:

In case you were wondering, no recordings of Lincoln's voice exist. He was killed a little more than 10 years before Thomas Edison invented the phonograph -- the world's first sound recording technology.

Back
Top Bottom