The Official Mortal Kombat 9 Thread

noob saibot looks tough
pimp.gif

While Jeri Ryan has thoroughly confirmed her involvement (as Sonya Blade) through frequent activity on her Twitter account [full story], a full press release from Warner Premiere has reconfirmed the return of of Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight) as Major Jackson "Jax" Briggs, along with English actor, Darren Shahlavi, in the upcoming digitally distributed series, Mortal Kombat.

WB's press release for the Mortal Kombat digital series project is featured in full below:

Warner Premiere today announced initial casting for their upcoming live-action digital new media series "Mortal Kombat" which is based on the iconic gaming franchise. Jeri Ryan, ("Star Trek: Voyager") will reprise her role as the headstrong "Lieutenant Sonya Blade

While Jeri Ryan has thoroughly confirmed her involvement (as Sonya Blade) through frequent activity on her Twitter account [full story], a full press release from Warner Premiere has reconfirmed the return of of Michael Jai White (Spawn, The Dark Knight) as Major Jackson "Jax" Briggs, along with English actor, Darren Shahlavi, in the upcoming digitally distributed series, Mortal Kombat.

WB's press release for the Mortal Kombat digital series project is featured in full below:

Warner Premiere today announced initial casting for their upcoming live-action digital new media series "Mortal Kombat" which is based on the iconic gaming franchise. Jeri Ryan, ("Star Trek: Voyager") will reprise her role as the headstrong "Lieutenant Sonya Blade

Jeri Ryan has been one busy actress...

With a career in film and television spanning twenty years; Ryan has acted in starring roles in many successful primetime dramas, including Dark Skies, Boston Public, Shark, The OC, and Law & Order: SVU. For some, she will be best remembered as the cult sci-fi heroine of more than one hundred episodes -- Seven of Nine, from TV's Star Trek: Voyager. An impressive body of work by any measure, but for fans of a certain conccurently running twenty-year video game franchise, about to pale in comparison to a ten episode, digatally distributed series !
Ryan's association with Mortal Kombat began in June, with the online leak of a high-quality production demo called Mortal Kombat: Rebirth The eight minute clip, directed by Kevin Tancharoen (Fame, DanceLife), presented a stark reinterpretation of the MK mythos, with a bent toward over-the-top, gritty urban adaptation. Acting opposite action favourite, Michael Jai White (Spawn, Black Dynamite), during interrogation scenes led by his Jax ; Ryan completed the Special Forces duo as a file wielding, business suited Sonya Blade.

For fans concerned the former Miss Illinois will be a paper pushing wallflower version of the fighting Lieutenant, Jeri Ryan has provided pictorial documentation of her action packed role! the actress promises "@#$ is being kicked," showing off battle scars from her kombat experience, which includes kicking the occasional door on the Vancouver location shoot, as well !

With Warner Premiere's official press release describing Rebirth as an "unofficial fan short"
it remains to be seen if the digitally distributed series will relate to Tancharoen's job winning reel, or veer closer to the canon of the video game characters fans "know and love".
When Mortal Kombat Online asked Jeri Ryan if she could give us clues about the nature of her role and it's relation to the games, she said, "Can't tell [you] specifics, but it is BAD @#$."

Jeri Ryan has been one busy actress...

With a career in film and television spanning twenty years; Ryan has acted in starring roles in many successful primetime dramas, including Dark Skies, Boston Public, Shark, The OC, and Law & Order: SVU. For some, she will be best remembered as the cult sci-fi heroine of more than one hundred episodes -- Seven of Nine, from TV's Star Trek: Voyager. An impressive body of work by any measure, but for fans of a certain conccurently running twenty-year video game franchise, about to pale in comparison to a ten episode, digatally distributed series !
Ryan's association with Mortal Kombat began in June, with the online leak of a high-quality production demo called Mortal Kombat: Rebirth The eight minute clip, directed by Kevin Tancharoen (Fame, DanceLife), presented a stark reinterpretation of the MK mythos, with a bent toward over-the-top, gritty urban adaptation. Acting opposite action favourite, Michael Jai White (Spawn, Black Dynamite), during interrogation scenes led by his Jax ; Ryan completed the Special Forces duo as a file wielding, business suited Sonya Blade.

For fans concerned the former Miss Illinois will be a paper pushing wallflower version of the fighting Lieutenant, Jeri Ryan has provided pictorial documentation of her action packed role! the actress promises "@#$ is being kicked," showing off battle scars from her kombat experience, which includes kicking the occasional door on the Vancouver location shoot, as well !

With Warner Premiere's official press release describing Rebirth as an "unofficial fan short"
it remains to be seen if the digitally distributed series will relate to Tancharoen's job winning reel, or veer closer to the canon of the video game characters fans "know and love".
When Mortal Kombat Online asked Jeri Ryan if she could give us clues about the nature of her role and it's relation to the games, she said, "Can't tell [you] specifics, but it is BAD @#$."

Two of our favorite Stargate guest stars are headed for the halls of Mortal KombatRyan Robbins and Tahmoh Penikett will appear in a new Web series based on the hit video game franchise.

Robbins is known to Stargate fans as the duplicitous Genii leader Ladon Radim on Stargate Atlantis.  He’s now a regular on Sanctuary, as tech geek Henry Foss.  He’ll play the character Raiden, god of thunder, in the Web series.

“Really looking forward to starting work on Mortal Kombat next week,

Two of our favorite Stargate guest stars are headed for the halls of Mortal KombatRyan Robbins and Tahmoh Penikett will appear in a new Web series based on the hit video game franchise.

Robbins is known to Stargate fans as the duplicitous Genii leader Ladon Radim on Stargate Atlantis.  He’s now a regular on Sanctuary, as tech geek Henry Foss.  He’ll play the character Raiden, god of thunder, in the Web series.

“Really looking forward to starting work on Mortal Kombat next week,

Originally Posted by peanut214
Ok Ok, Ok, this video just made me think twice about coppin Marvel vs. Capcom 3
laugh.gif

The wait is killing me. I need this game NOW. Props on the Jade info, she was my fav character from Ultimate 3. Also I'm glad they're making a HD version of 1 - 3, it was def needed. 

Originally Posted by peanut214
Ok Ok, Ok, this video just made me think twice about coppin Marvel vs. Capcom 3
laugh.gif

The wait is killing me. I need this game NOW. Props on the Jade info, she was my fav character from Ultimate 3. Also I'm glad they're making a HD version of 1 - 3, it was def needed. 

Back
Top Bottom