The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

ight, I know its not illegal... so here it is..
How To Make A Ringtone on iTunes:
1. Find The Song You Want
2. Edit The Song.. Get Info > Options > Start Time ___ - End Time ___ (No more then 30 Sec.)
3. Create ACC Version
4. Take the :30 or less music file, put it on your desktop.
5. Replace .m4a with .m4r
6. Now double click the .m4r now it should be in your ringtones section, and should sync to your iPhone.
7. Your not done, so that the next time you play the song you don't only get :30 or less, you must Get Info > Options > uncheck Start Time & End Time. Click Ok.
8. Now your good.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Anyone work for a place that sells microsoft products...??

Through expertzone on microsoft you can get a free copy of Office w/ Media Expression

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

2. Edit The Song.. Get Info > Options > Start Time ___ - End Time ___ (No more then 30 Sec.)
3. Create ACC Version
6. Now double click the .m4r now it should be in your ringtones section, and should sync to your iPhone.
7. Your not done, so that the next time you play the song you don't only get :30 or less, you must Get Info > Options > uncheck Start Time & End Time. Click Ok.
8. Now your good.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Works 100% on Mac, I know it worked on my old PC, but just make 4 new ones in about 5 minutes. Thanks homie, I lost the link where it told me this.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Through expertzone on microsoft you can get a free copy of Office w/ Media Expression
i have a question for ya.... check your PM please
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Doc is the man

BTW with the ringtone thing... does that work with Verizon phones? I could NEVER get it to work
frown.gif

Ahh I see... sync with your IPHONE

Got all excited for nothing
frown.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

pimp.gif

Doc is the man

BTW with the ringtone thing... does that work with Verizon phones? I could NEVER get it to work
frown.gif

Ahh I see... sync with your IPHONE

Got all excited for nothing
frown.gif

Jailbroken/unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile > _________

3. Create ACC Version
8. Now your good.
Thanks man, there's another easier way if you have Garageband..

1. Load iTunes and Garageband
2. Start new Loops Project
3. Drag whatever song you want from iTunes to Garageband
4. Cut out the part you don't want (on Garageband)
5. Click Share> Send Ringtone to iTunes

I am going to try your way though because with Garageband when you are trimming the song you can't be super exact on the cutoff.

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Alright guys, Im thinking of buying a Macbook for college... What would you guys recommend? Im just gonna use it for internet and papers and all that stuff, nothing too serious. Also should I wait for a couple months for an upgrade or something or is it safe to buy now?
I'd say go with the 2.0GHz Unibody MacBook, it is PLENTY fast. I have the 2.4GHz version, but I had to have the illuminated keyboard (lame I know), and we got it through a family member's discount so I figured might as well go big. I also love the size of the MacBook over the MacBook Pro.

There might be an upgrade coming pretty soon here due to the new OS Snow Leopard, but no one knows for sure when it is coming out. I'd say if you can wait a few months than do so, but if you need it now, go for it because if they do have an upgrade they will just bump the specs a little, it won't be a huge revamp or anything.

Thanks for the info.. Do you guys think I should wait for the Back to School Promo or just buy it from Bestbuy? I know Bestbuy has awesome Product Replacement Plans, but I dont know if they still have those for laptops. I have a 16gb Touch so I dont really care about an iPod if I could get a good warranty instead. I think either way I'd wait til around August, depending on how impatient I get haha.

idk if you'll get an ipod this time because they only gave out a free ipod because a new mac and new ipod was coming out so they wanted to move the old items. but def go for a 2.4ghz imo. better harddrive and illuminated keyboard is a plus. you'll love it no matter what but it just that little extra you'll appreciate.

I'm pretty positive they always do the free iPod give away during back to school time, because I got a video iPod awhile after they had already come out.Second, I don't know that you'll see a huge difference in processing speed between the 2.0 and the 2.4. Buying an aftermarket hard drive is cheap andeasy to swap in, so unless the illuminated keyboard is a huge deal to you, I'd say just go with the 2.0 to save yourself some money. You'll also get$100 towards a printer and I think $250 towards any iPod. And I'd go with AppleCare, I've never had any problems with them and its just more convenientto have only one company to deal with.

Apple's Back to School Promo Launching This Week? To include iPhone?

From MacRumors (DaDoc, how do you copy and paste them with the tables and logos and such?)

A couple of reports have indicated that Apple may be launching their Back to School promotion as soon as this Tuesday. Apple's Back to School promotion istraditionally offered throughout the summer and has offered students and faculty free or discounted iPods when purchasing a new Mac. Last year's promotionkicked off on June 3rd.

According to one unconfirmed report, Apple will again be offering a free 8GB iPod Nano or 8GB iPod Touch to eligible customers who purchase a qualifying Mac.In addition, however, Apple is said to be extending the offer to the 8GB iPhone as well. These iPhone customers, however, are still obligated to also sign upfor the 2 year contract with AT&T, though would get the handset itself for free.

Article Link: Apple's Back to School Promo Launching This Week? To include iPhone?

http://www.macrumors.com/2009/05/25...-promo-launching-this-week-to-include-iphone/

Another Source 'Confirms' 2010 Apple Tablet?

From MacRumors

Last week Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster claimed that an Apple tablet computer was in the works though it would not arrive until the first half of 2010 dueto the complexity surrounding the operating system.
Quote:
"We expect the development of such an OS to be underway currently, but its complexity, along with our conversations with a key company in the mobilespace, leads us to believe it will not launch until CY10," Munster says. Apple Tablet rumors have been circulating for years, so weren't entirely surewhat to make of this particular analyst report. One reader has since pointed out, however, that Businessweek's Peter Burrows was also able to get"confirmation" of this Apple tablet from another source said to be familiar with Apple's product plans. If this source is to be believed, we mayfinally see an Apple Tablet as early as next year.

Rumors of an Apple Tablet have been a recurring theme here at MacRumors. In 2003, the rumors accelerated to a point where multiple credible source werepointing to the imminent release of a Mac tablet. We believe that such a project had clearly been in the works and may have even evolved into today'siPhone. Now, in the past few months, there has been an increasing number of reports that Apple is working on a device that fits somewhere between their laptopsand iPhones.

Article Link: Another Source 'Confirms' 2010 Apple Tablet?
Link: http://www.macrumors.com/...firms-2010-apple-tablet/

Originally Posted by igotdemkickz21

Originally Posted by mases apprentice

Originally Posted by UNtroubled YOUTH

Alright guys, Im thinking of buying a Macbook for college... What would you guys recommend? Im just gonna use it for internet and papers and all that stuff, nothing too serious. Also should I wait for a couple months for an upgrade or something or is it safe to buy now?
I'd say go with the 2.0GHz Unibody MacBook, it is PLENTY fast. I have the 2.4GHz version, but I had to have the illuminated keyboard (lame I know), and we got it through a family member's discount so I figured might as well go big. I also love the size of the MacBook over the MacBook Pro.

There might be an upgrade coming pretty soon here due to the new OS Snow Leopard, but no one knows for sure when it is coming out. I'd say if you can wait a few months than do so, but if you need it now, go for it because if they do have an upgrade they will just bump the specs a little, it won't be a huge revamp or anything.

Thanks for the info.. Do you guys think I should wait for the Back to School Promo or just buy it from Bestbuy? I know Bestbuy has awesome Product Replacement Plans, but I dont know if they still have those for laptops. I have a 16gb Touch so I dont really care about an iPod if I could get a good warranty instead. I think either way I'd wait til around August, depending on how impatient I get haha.

idk if you'll get an ipod this time because they only gave out a free ipod because a new mac and new ipod was coming out so they wanted to move the old items. but def go for a 2.4ghz imo. better harddrive and illuminated keyboard is a plus. you'll love it no matter what but it just that little extra you'll appreciate.

I'm pretty positive they always do the free iPod give away during back to school time, because I got a video iPod awhile after they had already come out. Second, I don't know that you'll see a huge difference in processing speed between the 2.0 and the 2.4. Buying an aftermarket hard drive is cheap and easy to swap in, so unless the illuminated keyboard is a huge deal to you, I'd say just go with the 2.0 to save yourself some money. You'll also get $100 towards a printer and I think $250 towards any iPod. And I'd go with AppleCare, I've never had any problems with them and its just more convenient to have only one company to deal with.
Thanks for your help man... I think Im gonna go with the 2.0, and then buy Applecare on Ebay, I found it for like 150ish right now. My onlyquestion at this point is whether or not Snow Leopard will release during the Back 2 School promo. It would be great if it did, but I think Im just gonna waiton SL to release regardless of whether its after the promo or not. According to the rumor, it releases September at the latest, and I can hold off til thenanyways. You guys think theyll announce it during the conference or whatever on June 8th?

I'm having trouble getting Bowtie to work, someone care to elaborate. Should i just buy Coversutra instead? (what i did there, do you see it Doc)

Back
Top Bottom