The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Has anybody had this happen? The bottom of the screen on my 17 MBP 13” Non Touch has an issue

Its only at the very bottom and sometimes its smaller than in the picture. Kinda comes and goes and i cant really duplicate what makes it come/go/change in size.

**** got me wanting to sell it lol

Attachments

• 63B4FEA5-3040-4023-AC89-E33E6652C918.jpeg
    63B4FEA5-3040-4023-AC89-E33E6652C918.jpeg
    484.5 KB · Views: 22
Has anybody had this happen? The bottom of the screen on my 17 MBP 13” Non Touch has an issue

Its only at the very bottom and sometimes its smaller than in the picture. Kinda comes and goes and i cant really duplicate what makes it come/go/change in size.

**** got me wanting to sell it lol
You mean that text?

Anyone have any experience with this monitor? 4K 28in Dell.

https://express.google.com/u/1/prod...2854020466458875707_2015187220512975704_15953

Looks like a solid deal for $200. Built in speakers are clutch.
No but delmpanels are usually very solid along with LG. If you don’t need the features it seems like a good buy. If you want certain things like free sync, g sync, thunderbolt, etc. I didn’t se port selection, but sometimes it’s wkrth it to get the one you want first time around

No but delmpanels are usually very solid along with LG. If you don’t need the features it seems like a good buy. If you want certain things like free sync, g sync, thunderbolt, etc. I didn’t se port selection, but sometimes it’s wkrth it to get the one you want first time around
Yeah I'm not doing any photo or video editing or any graphically intensive work so that TN vs IPS stuff doesn't really matter to me. Might throw my Xbox on it but I don't need that fancy **** :lol:.

Missed out on that display.

Probably a good thing that I missed out lol
Me too :lol:. It sold out as I was reading reviews :smh:. It's available from a different seller but the deal isn't as good, comes to like $220 before tax with a different coupon. Although it does include an extra year of warranty. I might just try my luck and wait till Black Friday.

https://express.google.com/u/1/prod...4545329866063850753_6146543878771058422_15953

The Motherboard in my 2011 MBP went out on me earlier in March this year. Im in the hunt for a new one since BB has 18 month financing on $479 and up storewide. Plus I get cashback rewards with the BB Visa card.

However, I'm not sure if I should get the Macbook, Mackbook Air, or another MBP. I have my degrees so it wouldn't be for school, this would be just something to browse the net and music and such.

Appreciate the help folks

Reviews are in for the Mac Mini, most of them pretty good.

https://www.macrumors.com/2018/11/06/mac-mini-2018-reviews-roundup/

I'm gonna wait a bit to see just how user upgradeable the RAM is, but I'll probably cop. Gonna get my finesse on a bit and order through the student discount site, and pick it up from an Apple Store in Delaware so there's no sales tax :lol:.
Honestly it seems gerat. Semi-pro machine. RAM is def upgradable. SO-DIMM. No other reason to emphasize it aside from it being upgradeable.

More than likely I am copping with either 512 or 1tb lol. Then using my eGPU when doing FCPX and other graphics tasks.

Honestly it seems gerat. Semi-pro machine. RAM is def upgradable. SO-DIMM. No other reason to emphasize it aside from it being upgradeable.

More than likely I am copping with either 512 or 1tb lol. Then using my eGPU when doing FCPX and other graphics tasks.
I'm gonna go i7, 256GB, 8GB. I don't really need the 256GB but I have $275 in Apple gift cards so it's like I'm getting it for free. I'll upgrade the RAM later on. Hopefully catch a deal on Black Friday for 32GB.

The Motherboard in my 2011 MBP went out on me earlier in March this year. Im in the hunt for a new one since BB has 18 month financing on $479 and up storewide. Plus I get cashback rewards with the BB Visa card.

However, I'm not sure if I should get the Macbook, Mackbook Air, or another MBP. I have my degrees so it wouldn't be for school, this would be just something to browse the net and music and such.

Appreciate the help folks
I'd nix the 12" MacBook right off the bat. Smallest screen of the bunch, least powerful, and expensive at $1299. The new MacBook Air is better in every regard and is pretty much the same price at $1199 (you get 128GB less storage than the 12" at that price).

With that said, the 13" MacBook Pro non-Touchbar is pretty much better than the new MacBook Air in every regard aside from maybe Touch ID, and it's only $100 extra at $1299.

Unfortunately if you want a 15" model you're stuck with the MacBook Pro at $2399 minimum. If I were you I'd probably go for the 13" MacBook Pro non-Touchbar.

I'd nix the 12" MacBook right off the bat. Smallest screen of the bunch, least powerful, and expensive at $1299. The new MacBook Air is better in every regard and is pretty much the same price at $1199 (you get 128GB less storage than the 12" at that price).

With that said, the 13" MacBook Pro non-Touchbar is pretty much better than the new MacBook Air in every regard aside from maybe Touch ID, and it's only $100 extra at $1299.

Unfortunately if you want a 15" model you're stuck with the MacBook Pro at $2399 minimum. If I were you I'd probably go for the 13" MacBook Pro non-Touchbar.
Agreed. Plus MBA and MBP have TB3 ports which the game with any peripherals you may want to connect in the future .

I love the TB on my MacBook pro 15in

Btw can anyone recommend insurance for lost or theft for MacBook pros?

Bout to take my joint on a trip and wanna make sure I'm heavily insured cus this thing cost me a grip lol

I have a 2015 MBP, the 120GB is annoying. I only have 20GB of space left, my music is all on a SD card. It’s annoying cause 41GB is my iphone X max backup. My iphone is 256GB but really no point since It’s backup going to take up so much space on my mac. Any tips on increasing storage other than just having a flashdrive?

I have a 2015 MBP, the 120GB is annoying. I only have 20GB of space left, my music is all on a SD card. It’s annoying cause 41GB is my iphone X max backup. My iphone is 256GB but really no point since It’s backup going to take up so much space on my mac. Any tips on increasing storage other than just having a flashdrive?
Buy 100GB of iCloud for $2 per month to save that 41GB from your iPhone backup.

I love the TB on my MacBook pro 15in

Btw can anyone recommend insurance for lost or theft for MacBook pros?

Bout to take my joint on a trip and wanna make sure I'm heavily insured cus this thing cost me a grip lol
Might look into some travel insurance. I cant think of any that insure after the fact.

Last edited:
Buy 100GB of iCloud for $2 per month to save that 41GB from your iPhone backup.
Yeah that is what I am thinking. Just putting photos on there takes forever, probably a few day process. Or can I disable the photos for icloud and my camera roll itself will be backed up if I select icloud backup?

Last edited:
Dam shame they made it so you have to go to the other side of the board :smh: They know dam well they could of made it accessible from the other side.'

Edit: NVM I was looking at that wrong. It is on the accessible side. They just cover it with that silver shield.
They better not say it voids your warranty if you DIY it. Apple has been saying that you should take it to them or an authorized service provider if you want it upgraded.

Yeah that is what I am thinking. Just putting photos on there takes forever, probably a few day process. Or can I disable the photos for icloud and my camera roll itself will be backed up if I select icloud backup?
I'm not sure. I just bought the 100GB iCloud plan when I got my XS Max and my backup only took one night for like 30GB.

Saw the Macbook air at BB today. Felt really good, premium as always with Apple.

Very responsive. I can tell it will have a long shelf life in the lineup.

My only thing is, I still don't see why someone would go for it over the 13 inch pro. The ONLY way I can see how it fits in is if Apple drops the price on the 12inch macbook (somewhere between $799-$899, or say screw it and discontinue the model altogether) AND if Apple stops offering the 13inch pro without touchbar.

But overall, I like it. The MBA was huge in the dev community. Lightweight, quick, and could handle any processes we needed at the time. This new Air does just that I feel, but at this point, all of us devs have moved on to the Pro line since it is now also super lightweight.

Back
Top Bottom