The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Sup

Gonna make this jump into the mac os world as I'm looking to get a mbp soon

I've been reading that i7 mbp's are overheating. Is this still an issue?

I might just do the i5 and then ram upgrade+ memory route if that's the case

my quadcore i7 15" mbp 2011 gets hot as hell when doing multiple tasks, and its warm when doing even just web browsing smh.

Just picked up a macbook pro 13" tonight. What are musts? Thanks fellas. I know newbie to a macbook. I have had mac's before desktops.

So just recently my fan has been running nonstop. Even if I just have mail and word open the fan won't stop running. It has never done this before but recently it's been out of control. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Stats:
MBP 2011
8GB Ram
500GB hard drive
2 GHz Intel Core i7

i remember that there's been times where email clients had huge memory leaks. sparrow fell victim to this. i'm not sure about mail.app though.

does your istats indicate anything? make sure all of your apps are up to date, as well

if you have alfred with the powerpack, you can try: >purge
that will run the terminal command to free up some memory

i remember that there's been times where email clients had huge memory leaks. sparrow fell victim to this. i'm not sure about mail.app though.

does your istats indicate anything? make sure all of your apps are up to date, as well

if you have alfred with the powerpack, you can try: >purge
that will run the terminal command to free up some memory

I read this and didn't understand what you were saying after alfred with the powerpack :lol: sorry for the nubness to the mac world. I found that shockwave was using up 80% of my cpu usage so once I closed that everything went back to normal. Thanks for your help though. Googling "alfred with the powerpack" now

What's up NT. I plan to do light video editing of home movies & my 9 year old wants to film stop motion stuff with his action figures & legos. I'm in the market for an iMac (the 21.5-inch: 2.9GHz). Is it worth upgrading to a fusion drive?

Last edited:
Is the new 13" pro worth the money since apple dropped the price from 1700 to 1500? or am i better off going with an Air?

anyone who has the new megasafe2 power cords on their rMBP having pin connector problems i.e. stuck pins, not charging properly?

You'd think that a 1700 dollar comp would be able to charge without me having to use a toothpick to get the pins unstuck........

Two questions:

1) I have an older MBP (bought at the end of 2008). My CD/DVD drive/player stopped working completely, anyone ever experience this?

2) A while back I bought an HDMI to DVI video cable for MBP-HDTV connection. But only the picture plays on my big screen, the audio plays off my laptop and not on the TV.

So I just got a MacBook Air and did everything to reboot but It isn't letting me do so because I did not purchase osx mountain lion with my apple id.. What do I do?

Question regarding the new MAC BOOKS

Someone said Apple is canceling out the CD/DVD drives on future Macs. Is there any truth to this? I know the current Macbooks with Retina display does not have a CD/DVD drive. I didnt think they'd stop it completely.

As a dj, I need that CD/DVD Drive.

Last edited:
Question regarding the new MAC BOOKS

Someone said Apple is canceling out the CD/DVD drives on future Macs. Is there any truth to this? I know the current Macbooks with Retina display does not have a CD/DVD drive. I didnt think they'd stop it completely.

As a dj, I need that CD/DVD Drive.

They have an external cd/dvd drive

Two questions:

1) I have an older MBP (bought at the end of 2008). My CD/DVD drive/player stopped working completely, anyone ever experience this?

2) A while back I bought an HDMI to DVI video cable for MBP-HDTV connection. But only the picture plays on my big screen, the audio plays off my laptop and not on the TV.

regarding 2) that's normal. You have an older model.

Now my issues: Where can i buy a decent battery for my late 2008 pro?
And general question, how do you guys clean your screens?

what desktop twitter apps do you guys use? or firefox add ons

I use tweetdeck, no complaints about it from me! :pimp:

Now my issues: Where can i buy a decent battery for my late 2008 pro?
And general question, how do you guys clean your screens?

Microfiber cleaning cloth and occasionally Windex Electronic wipes

Does anyone know of an app for mac similar to Status Board for iPad? http://panic.com/statusboard/ This is the site if you haven't heard of it yet, I love the concept, just don't have an iPad.

Back
Top Bottom