The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

So i upgraded to the standard 2012 MBP 13" today & added 4 GB to the RAM. Also took advantage of the school discount & purchased the protection plan as well.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I saw the Retina display, but it's not worth it IMO.
ohwell.gif

Anyways, I received a $100 App/iTunes/iBooks Gift Card as well.
smile.gif

Can anyone recommend must have applications/programs to purchase.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PO

I've had my MBP and don't feel I'm getting full use out of it.

What are must have apps for a MBP?

Moving on, just scooped an iPad, anyway I've heard of paytube and would love to rip blu-rays onto my MBP to airplay them on my iPad. Is paytube the best/easiest option or are there other ways?

Bought to scoop Apple TV for the bedroom as well.

Battery life took a huge hit upgrading from Lion to Mountain Lion. Absolutely ridiculous hit. Running on a late 2011 MBP.
Used to get 6 or 7 hours with half full brightness and now I'm lucky to see 3.
Trying to scout as many methods as I can to downgrade back to Lion but of course I had to be the genius to never save a time machine backup of Lion >::smh:|I

Yea I noticed a big battery hit too. Can you update me if you find a way ?

Yea I noticed a big battery hit too. Can you update me if you find a way ?

I did find a way. FEELS GREAT to have 6/7+ hours of battery life back :pimp:

I had to do a clean install of Lion using a USB. Before I did it I moved all my files to my external hard drive (music, movies, pics).

I followed these instructions to make the USB key

http://www.tuaw.com/2011/08/11/build-your-own-lion-install-usb-thumb-drive-for-cheap/

But since Lion isnt on the App Store anymore I just downloaded that necessary Lion file from a torrent.

After that I did the clean install and put all my files back. I have to re-download my apps but that isnt really a big deal to me. Had everything running the way it was the same day.

got liquid damage on my 2011 MPB 15". All the usb's don't work and the keyboard is obviously not the same. i have apple care but the genius bar wants $800 plus to fix the logic board and to replace anything else damaged. :smh:
The thing is i've heard stories of people brining in their even older macs with no apple care and magically getting a new one. If anyone has any advice please let me know. I'm checking my renter's isnrurance at the moment and even there it doesn't look like im coverd for accidental damage to personal property. :smh: :smh:

i just got a new ipad, should i go with the otterbox case or is there something better?

What do you guys think about upgrading your current software to OS X Mountain Loin ?? I wanna do it but idk the pros and cons, any feedback ?

I have Ad-Blocker on my Safari, but I'm still getting ads when I watch Youtube videos. Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Seems to have fixed after I reinstalled. 

Last edited:
What do you guys think about upgrading your current software to OS X Mountain Loin ?? I wanna do it but idk the pros and cons, any feedback ?
I"d go for it.. Just do a google search for any apps you use to make sure they're compatible or you'll lost the app functionality until it's updated..  

Still running on 10.6.8...afraid if i update i'll lose final cut and soundtrack pro....

Running ML at a Core2Duo from Mid 2009. Runs perfectly. A bit faster than Lion for sure. Go for the upgrade folks.

if you spend the 20 on ML is it only good for one computer? also will it erase everything on my computer or am i good to just go for it as is?

Last edited:
if you spend the 20 on ML is it only good for one computer? also will it erase everything on my computer or am i good to just go for it as is?

Once you make the purchase, it is saved onto your apple ID and you can install it to whatever machine is linked to that account.

Last edited:
Just bought a 13" macbook pro today, since this weekend was tax free weekend in sc.

Said i would never get a mac, so im still trying to decide if im gonna keep it or take it back and get a pc.

Still dont understand why it didnt come with mountain lion already installed .

ok so im trying to change the icon and it keep gives me this instead of the icon. do i have to resize or how do i do this? all of my other icons went through but certain ones dont. help is appreciated

Just bought a 13" macbook pro today, since this weekend was tax free weekend in sc.

Said i would never get a mac, so im still trying to decide if im gonna keep it or take it back and get a pc.

Still dont understand why it didnt come with mountain lion already installed .

I would give it a week or two to fully try it out and see if you still like it or not. Takes some time to get used to but you'll easily catch on.

I'm pretty sure you're eligible for the free ML upgrade, more info here

I have Lion (at least I think I do - I'm running on 10.6.8) and I NEED Cloud. I'm always in public places and I'm afraid that someone will snatch my MBP - either I catch an assault case or lose my laptop. 

Is there anyway of getting Cloud without having to upgrade to Mountain Lion? I've read that it decreases battery life...

Back
Top Bottom