The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

I'm working with this setup for now

ncdsew.png

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Need help.

I want to first rip a DVD (GBR Region) onto my HD, then burn that file onto a blank DVD.

Tips?

Do you want just the video, or are you keeping the entire disc imagine for a clone copy? I'd use handbrake

Just the video.

Can anyone direct me towards the best 'cheapest' program availabe to burn a copy of an original dvd onto a blank??? PLEASE HELP

I really want a Macbook Pro but something is stopping me from dropping $1800 at the Apple store every single time I go in there.

Can anyone direct me towards the best 'cheapest' program availabe to burn a copy of an original dvd onto a blank??? PLEASE HELP

maybe somebody can help me

i'm trying to open sudo using the terminal...at first the terminal would pop up and i'd put in

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/hosts

it'd then ask me for my password but wouldn't allow me to type it in no matter what

now i can't even get to the password part, because terminal opens up blank

Need help.

I want to first rip a DVD (GBR Region) onto my HD, then burn that file onto a blank DVD.

Tips?

Do you want just the video, or are you keeping the entire disc imagine for a clone copy? I'd use handbrake

Just the video.

Have you looked into "Mac the ripper"? I'm not positive but I think it does something like that.

Got the macbook pro 15inch with the i5... a couple weeks ago..

Rocking the speck satin case and the incase sleeve.. good combo, and i recommend it..

I'm sure this question has been asked countless times, but....

Macbook or Macbook Pro? My company has a program where I can get one or the other discounted. Not sure which one to grab.....

Originally Posted by got shoes

Media streaming, any good ones. I have Playback that i use for the PS3, but that $$@@ is a demo. Need one that is free. LOL Thanks

Try Rivet or Connect360
Originally Posted by nocomment6

A question. IS Airport express really worth it? It probably costs 3 times as much as a router, but is there a point of purcasing it instead?

truthfully, any router will get the job done, and many at a cheaper price like you say. The benefits of an Apple Express are ease of use (built in router utility, works in the clutch for troubleshooting), aesthetics (if you care about that) and Airtunes.

Need help.

Tips?

Just the video.

Use handbrake and find the longest chapter in the pull down menu. That's your video file. Use the preset cabinet to chose your output and let it go. Easiest way to get it done IMO
Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Burn for Mac OSX
Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

i'm trying to open sudo using the terminal...at first the terminal would pop up and i'd put in

it'd then ask me for my password but wouldn't allow me to type it in no matter what

you're not gonna be able to see the text or the cursor when you type passwords in Terminal. Just type it in correctly and press Return. It'll do what it's supposed to trust.
However, MAKE SURE you're careful with sudo commands. You can really mess up your computer if you don't know what youre doing
Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Macbook or Macbook Pro? My company has a program where I can get one or the other discounted. Not sure which one to grab.....

are we talking polycarbonate shell white vs. the 13" MBP? In my experience, the $300 premium for the aluminum unibody model is worth the peace of mind. The plastic body is prone to cracking, surface scratches and discoloration, no matter how well you take care of it. Besides the shell, the 13" MB and the 13" MBP are the same machine (the pro has a larger hard drive as well). If you mean 13" vs 15/17", most users wont need the bigger ones. 13" would be fine for everyday usage and more.

Originally Posted by got shoes

Media streaming, any good ones. I have Playback that i use for the PS3, but that $$@@ is a demo. Need one that is free. LOL Thanks

Try Rivet or Connect360
Originally Posted by nocomment6

A question. IS Airport express really worth it? It probably costs 3 times as much as a router, but is there a point of purcasing it instead?

truthfully, any router will get the job done, and many at a cheaper price like you say. The benefits of an Apple Express are ease of use (built in router utility, works in the clutch for troubleshooting), aesthetics (if you care about that) and Airtunes.

Need help.

Tips?

Just the video.

Use handbrake and find the longest chapter in the pull down menu. That's your video file. Use the preset cabinet to chose your output and let it go. Easiest way to get it done IMO
Originally Posted by DatRealBalla12

Burn for Mac OSX
Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

you're not gonna be able to see the text or the cursor when you type passwords in Terminal. Just type it in correctly and press Return. It'll do what it's supposed to trust.
However, MAKE SURE you're careful with sudo commands. You can really mess up your computer if you don't know what youre doing
Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

are we talking polycarbonate shell white vs. the 13" MBP? In my experience, the $300 premium for the aluminum unibody model is worth the peace of mind. The plastic body is prone to cracking, surface scratches and discoloration, no matter how well you take care of it. Besides the shell, the 13" MB and the 13" MBP are the same machine (the pro has a larger hard drive as well). If you mean 13" vs 15/17", most users wont need the bigger ones. 13" would be fine for everyday usage and more.
Thanks for the advice.  I went ahead and got the MBP.  Definitely feeling the aluminum look more than the all white, as well as the extra ports.  Should be here next week...can't wait!

Okay guys so I bought my MBP last year on the 15th of August and I totally forgot and thought I bought in September is there any way I can still buy Apple Care?

Okay guys so I bought my MBP last year on the 15th of August and I totally forgot and thought I bought in September is there any way I can still buy Apple Care?

Yes, yes you are. Why did you procastinate till the very end? You can buy squaretrade warranty if you want and apply accidental damage as well. That will probably be your best chance or call Apple and beg them.

I hvae the 13" MBP and apparently it says 10 hours of battery life, but If I just watch a movie I only get about 6, doing nothing gets me 7.5 is this like this for everyone? Or is there something wrong with my battery?

Back
Top Bottom