The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

erbbte.png

Originally Posted by YUNG FLiP iMAGE

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but when do the new Macbook Pros, if any, release this year?
nerd.gif

there's no set date (never is). all we have to go off of is the fact that the product cycle is past the norm and updates are imminent (probably with core i chipsets and spec bumps)
If you're in the market for a MBP, just wait a little bit more. It cant be too much longer.

So I recently had a problem with my MBP hard drive and lost all my documents and songs.

So does anyone know how I can convert the songs from my iPod to my iTunes?? any help would be greatly appreciated...

Originally Posted by srvballer

So I recently had a problem with my MBP hard drive and lost all my documents and songs.

So does anyone know how I can convert the songs from my iPod to my iTunes?? any help would be greatly appreciated...

download Senuti. It will copy all your songs/videos to itunes

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

I got a problem/question...I will be going to the Genius bar soon but have just been busy.

Anyways...

When I try and burn a cd, it just says initializing and then goes straight to finishing and takes a total of roughly 15-20 seconds. Then sometimes it shows it as burning a cd, but nothing is actually on the cd.

Any ideas? Do I need a new cd-drive?? I am out of warranty/apple care.

try to reset the PRAM... Hold down P and R and hold power until you hear the tone. then try a new disc
Do I do this when iTunes is open? Closed? No apps are open? On the Desktop?

newb question - sorry if this was asked - please direct me

I'm looking to upgrade my MBP. My current one is from 2005 and is too slow.

I am considering getting a current model. I want to do HD video editing (my wedding video) and a lot of photoshop.

For the 2009 models, What are the minimum or best specs I should purchase to insure "no or minimal lag" when video editing? any suggestions? what should be maxed out? etc...

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Wondering if I should upgrade to Snow Leopard. Is it worth it?

It's worth it alone for the added disc space. Snow Leopard isnt so much of an upgrade as it is an enhancement. It kinda just perfects what Leopard already brought to the table.
added disc space?

Originally Posted by Food4Thgt

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Wondering if I should upgrade to Snow Leopard. Is it worth it?

It's worth it alone for the added disc space. Snow Leopard isnt so much of an upgrade as it is an enhancement. It kinda just perfects what Leopard already brought to the table.
added disc space?

hard drive disc. Snow Leopard takes up only about 6GBs of space, as opposed to 12-15GBs for Leopard.

Originally Posted by Driftracer

I am considering getting a current model. I want to do HD video editing (my wedding video) and a lot of photoshop.

For the 2009 models, What are the minimum or best specs I should purchase to insure "no or minimal lag" when video editing? any suggestions? what should be maxed out? etc...

Thanks in advance

Do you have a powerbook or a MBP? MBPs didnt come out until May, 2006. Before you look into getting a new one, have you maxed out your RAM? How fast is your processor? What program do you want to use to edit your wedding video? If you are dead set on a new macbook, 2.4GHz/4GBs RAM would be enough for what you're looking to use it for.
I have a 2.0 Ghz processor/2GBs RAM on a 2006 first gen MacBook, and i run CS3/Final Cut Express with little lag.

I got a problem/question...I will be going to the Genius bar soon but have just been busy.

Anyways...

When I try and burn a cd, it just says initializing and then goes straight to finishing and takes a total of roughly 15-20 seconds. Then sometimes it shows it as burning a cd, but nothing is actually on the cd.

Any ideas? Do I need a new cd-drive?? I am out of warranty/apple care.

try to reset the PRAM... Hold down P and R and hold power until you hear the tone. then try a new disc
Do I do this when iTunes is open? Closed? No apps are open? On the Desktop?

with your computer off, power on the computer by holding P and R and the power button down until you hear the startup chime. Sorry for not being exactly clear.

Thanks in advance

Do you have a powerbook or a MBP? MBPs didnt come out until May, 2006. Before you look into getting a new one, have you maxed out your RAM? How fast is your processor? What program do you want to use to edit your wedding video? If you are dead set on a new macbook, 2.4GHz/4GBs RAM would be enough for what you're looking to use it for.
I have a 2.0 Ghz processor/2GBs RAM on a 2006 first gen MacBook, and i run CS3/Final Cut Express with little lag.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Oops I have the Powerbook G4 12" superdrive, 1.33ghz, 1gb ram. I'm planning to use Final Cut.

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick reply!

Oops I have the Powerbook G4 12" superdrive, 1.33ghz, 1gb ram. I'm planning to use Final Cut.

yeeeeeah...if you want to run the newest versions of PS and FC it might be in your best interest to upgrade. i thought my computer was slow
03e15cef99a12ee6bbd03219196dd61dd9b05d1.gif

If you can wait a while (a few weeks max hopefully) new macbooks/MBPs will be coming out with spec bumps.
If not, i'd jump on the 2.4GHz/4GB RAM configuration...it's more than sufficient at running what you're looking to use it for.

i just got my macbook pro in the mail, can anyone show me where to find info on how to

customize the dock pls.

Also, are there any pros or cons to putting the "speck" or "incase" shells. i wanted to "sticker bomb" the back, but would rather onto the shell

thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by bakedFresh707

i just got my macbook pro in the mail, can anyone show me where to find info on how to

customize the dock pls.

Also, are there any pros or cons to putting the "speck" or "incase" shells. i wanted to "sticker bomb" the back, but would rather onto the shell

thanks in advance.

naww!! find some decals and put it on there!!

Someone was telling me I can use my 3GS phone as a wireless modem? Can anyone help me make this happen if possible. thanks!

Originally Posted by MJRM2384

Someone was telling me I can use my 3GS phone as a wireless modem? Can anyone help me make this happen if possible. thanks!

if it's jailbroken yes. You need to download PDANet in Cydia

Should I wait for the upgraded MacBook Pros or buy the current model? I only will use it for safari, iTunes and iPhoto.

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

Should I wait for the upgraded MacBook Pros or buy the current model? I only will use it for safari, iTunes and iPhoto.

if you want the best for your money, wait. i wouldnt buy a current gen model unless i absolutely needed a computer and couldn't get by any other way. They should be coming out anytime now

^ I really need a computer now...is the upgraded MacBook Pro going to be that much better?

Originally Posted by mrfantastic21

^ I really need a computer now...is the upgraded MacBook Pro going to be that much better?

when you say "now"...how soon do you really mean? Like tomorrow? The current gen MBPs use Core 2 Duo processors, which is literally 3 year old technology (ancient by computer standards). the new models will most likely have core i3/15/17 processors, which offer much better performance and run much more efficiently. With the change in CPU, you're likely to see bumps in hard drive storage space, higher RAM options, and other small spec changes. with new models out, the cost of the current models will be slashed to make room for the new stock. So yes, they will be "that much better." If you can't wait another wek/2 weeks/month possibly, then i guess you dont really have much of a choice.

^ I have been holding off for the upgraded MacBooks and I can't wait any longer. I really need a new laptop for school.

I've been trying to figure this out for a while but I've had no luck

How in the world do you get widgets to stay on your desktop?

Back
Top Bottom