The Official Mac Thread (Docs, Themes, Apps, Etc.)

Originally Posted by TheGoogler

Why is it that when i play any game, the fan on my macbook start to run at around 4000+ rpm and the cpu temperature rises? What seems to be the problem?? It gets mad annoying

mad.gif

I know one of you can help me out
nerd.gif
I have this app that controls the fan and tells you the temp. of the computer...think that would help by any chance?...

If so, heres the dl link: http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/23049

happy.gif

i wouldn't mess with the fan. if it's speed is obviously going up is because the computer is working harder. i wouldn't risk the chance of overheating simply just to reduce a little fan noise. u can always just wear some headphones to block it out. just my 2 cents though

I know this is a really simple question but how do I delete programs off my MBP, such as Garage Band?

Originally Posted by RedMan

I know this is a really simple question but how do I delete programs off my MBP, such as Garage Band?

just drag it into the trash can. but i believe somebody has posted a program that looks for anything affiliated with the program and deletes it.

Is it really that simple, I don't have to go to any type of "control panel" like XP? I have another problem my Safari does not handle GIFs well.It does not run smooth when a GIF is posted.

yeah it's that easy. and i've never had problems with safari. i don't really like firefox because it's a resource hog and it takes forever toopen.

I use AppZapper, its really easy to use. Just drag the app and it will automatically all other files related to the app. It's only like $12 but its worthit.
wink.gif

I use AppZapper, its really easy to use. Just drag the app and it will automatically all other files related to the app. It's only like $12 but its worth it.
I use appcleaner...its free and works perfectly

Originally Posted by CWrite78

i wouldn't mess with the fan. if it's speed is obviously going up is because the computer is working harder. i wouldn't risk the chance of over heating simply just to reduce a little fan noise. u can always just wear some headphones to block it out. just my 2 cents though

Can it be how much the RAM the game uses? I have 2gb of RAM and when i try to play a game it uses mostly all of it.

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

new to macs... How do I get the custom Dock Symbols.

Welcome...
check out http://www.deviantart.com/ for the images.

Edit: download an app called candybar, then use that program to replace the app images. There is a way you can do it manually, but i dont know it.

Crysis on a MacBook Pro??? I think so, and this is an older model. Great!!

Dang desert computers, can't embed. Doc or Cwrite or whoever, can one of y'all embed this for me please?

There is a way you can do it manually, but i dont know it.

1 get info for app
2 get info for icon
3 copy the little image in the top left corner and paste over the app's little image in the top left corner
4 voila

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Crysis on a MacBook Pro??? I think so, and this is an older model. Great!!

Dang desert computers, can't embed. Doc or Cwrite or whoever, can one of y'all embed this for me please?

Alright...finally copped my first Mac 13in MBP and loving it. anyways I have a couple of Newbie ?'s... Anyways, I want to transfer my songs/apps/picseverything from my iphone to itunes. My old computer crapped out on me bigtime, like I cant even turn it on anymore
smh.gif
. So the question is, what programs wouldu guys recommend to extract everything from my iphone and add it into itunes? I've done a little bit of research so far and have heard of Senuti andpodtomac.com. Anybody ever try those programs? Also, I really want to make sure i don't lose my apps cause i got like 7 pages worth of em. Any input isappreciated. Thanks!

Originally Posted by tSamShoX

Alright...finally copped my first Mac 13in MBP and loving it. anyways I have a couple of Newbie ?'s... Anyways, I want to transfer my songs/apps/pics everything from my iphone to itunes. My old computer crapped out on me bigtime, like I cant even turn it on anymore
smh.gif
. So the question is, what programs would u guys recommend to extract everything from my iphone and add it into itunes? I've done a little bit of research so far and have heard of Senuti and podtomac.com. Anybody ever try those programs? Also, I really want to make sure i don't lose my apps cause i got like 7 pages worth of em. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Senuti for the music, and I'm pretty sure you can use iTunes and iPhoto to get the rest of the data to your computer.

2hyz0v8.png

WHAT THE !%!% IS THAT UNDER "SHARED"?!!?!?? All it says is "pc server". It wasn't there before.Is that another computer or something?!
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Rawk On

2hyz0v8.png

WHAT THE !%!% IS THAT UNDER "SHARED"?!!?!?? All it says is "pc server". It wasn't there before. Is that another computer or something?!
ohwell.gif
are you on a wireless connection?

I have wireless for my laptop, but that was on my desktop. I don't get why it just showed up or if it's even a bad thing.

Originally Posted by Cluex

i just purchased a brand new macbook 13" for $750...

i was going to wait and get the pro but i think $750 was too good to pass up
info?

Back
Top Bottom