THE OFFICIAL LEBRON VIII THREAD Updated V3 release 4/16/2011

The VIII's are growing on me...but I feel that's widely due to the black on black colorway of the shoe. I wouldn't pay retail for them, but I would wear these as beaters on sale...especially if they're as durable as they look.
smokin.gif

I've yet to see a colorway that grabs my attention or makes me want the shoe.... I hope they have some tricks up their sleeve

Originally Posted by allthingsjordan

The lebron VIII lacks so much creativity, its not even funny. 
QFT

I guess when the athlete takes the easy way out, so does the designer...
smh.gif

I like the simplicity of the shoe.

This shoe has sooo much potential it's not even funny....all Nike gotta do is drop dope colorways and stay off the suede/nubuck because it looks ugly on this shoe

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

QFT

smh.gif

This shoe has sooo much potential it's not even funny....all Nike gotta do is drop dope colorways and stay off the suede/nubuck because it looks ugly on this shoe

I wonder what they would look like with a CTK/Dunkman/ASG colorway...

QFT

smh.gif

I wonder what they would look like with a CTK/Dunkman/ASG colorway...

As a long time supporter of the Lebron line, I think I may just stop buying them. I am finally tired of the huge, bulky styling and am leaning towards the sleek low profile styling of the Kobe line. The VIII's look like trash, and I hate Air Max cushioning even at 6'6 250 lbs (9% body fat).

QFT

smh.gif

See... That's the problem.... How are you gonna descibe POTENTIAL, as using better color options/selections.... The shoe needs to look appealing black or white first. Then the color selection should come to play. That black pair looks Horrible tho.

And another thing...

If u guys don't eat this VIII up..... Smh... The line might go down hill.

The 6s went straight to the outlets, still can find some. The 7s did good and so-so but every GR was sold at the outlets except the RCs... The 8s aren't getting any love....

So we may not receive any love or as much love from the 9s from Nike.

^

I wonder. Even with his chips, will the lineup change in the NBA? If Durant wins another scoring title, does he get the tech shoe and Lebron drops to the low price shoe?

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

NOT FEELING THESE...

whats you guys opinion?

$160 for these?

Nike and Lebron are deluded.

Plain shoe. Plain colorway. In the last several years Nike charged, what? $135? for generic full length Air Max shoes?

What makes these an extra 25 other than Nike's greed and Lebron's ego?

The Logo?

The fact that we have the 'privelege' of owning a shoe made to look like what Lebron is wearing... and i severely doubt that what he's wearing is actually the same as what's at retail.

A few good colorways may save this shoe, but the combination of the shoe's design, that particular 'colorway' just embodies Nike, and Lebron's complacency.

...and no great love for the VII here either. Generic, uncomfortable, but i got a decent colorway at at unusually low price, and took them.

Where's the sig shoe that's 'Fit for the King?'

Originally Posted by VanillaFreak13

^

I wonder. Even with his chips, will the lineup change in the NBA? If Durant wins another scoring title, does he get the tech shoe and Lebron drops to the low price shoe?

To his credit, Durant pushed for a more affordable shoe, Nike proably aren't going to push the price up too much, and there's no way they're going to make a techy affordtable shoe.
It's just not what Nike are about.

Lebron's shoe line has become bloated, expensive, and generic, multiple shoes but little creativity.... too focused on the numbers, not enough on the product.
Doubt his ego could handle the price cut his sig shoe should really be subjected to.

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

HERES WAT I CAME UP WITH.
27xpcau.jpg

I definitely dont liek this shoe, BUT these 2 colorways would have me at least considering trying to get them.  I think you did a good job, working on a bad shoe
Just googled the named.. Its called the ABA Miami Floridians ...

I hope Lebron and Nike hooks up this shoe with this colorway..

matching these would with something would be 
pimp.gif

WadeThrowbackJersey.jpg

anyone got more pics of the HWC jerseys? just trying to give life to the thread.
pimp.gif

wade_throwback.jpg

shaq_throwback_step.jpg

nba_miami_195.jpg
This Thread is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEAD
[font=arial, sans-serif]some P.S. Jay z r dead did for us 
[/font]

Originally Posted by emmanuelabor

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

HERES WAT I CAME UP WITH.
27xpcau.jpg

I definitely dont liek this shoe, BUT these 2 colorways would have me at least considering trying to get them.  I think you did a good job, working on a bad shoe
Just googled the named.. Its called the ABA Miami Floridians ...

I hope Lebron and Nike hooks up this shoe with this colorway..

matching these would with something would be 
pimp.gif

WadeThrowbackJersey.jpg

anyone got more pics of the HWC jerseys? just trying to give life to the thread.
pimp.gif

wade_throwback.jpg

shaq_throwback_step.jpg

nba_miami_195.jpg
This Thread is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEAD
[font=arial, sans-serif]some P.S. Jay z r dead did for us 
[/font]

Couldn't of said it better... and is that really the best colorway people can think of??
ohwell.gif

i still have that jersey in my closet. its a wade jersey, but it would be nice to see some lebron 8s in that colorway

i still have that jersey in my closet. its a wade jersey, but it would be nice to see some lebron 8s in that colorway

nike-zoom-lebron-2-ii-cavs-throwback.png

How dare people say that the VII's are the best in the line. The II's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
   Oh and Zoom>>>>Air MAx just in case y'all forgot.

nike-zoom-lebron-2-ii-cavs-throwback.png

How dare people say that the VII's are the best in the line. The II's are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
   Oh and Zoom>>>>Air MAx just in case y'all forgot.

Back
Top Bottom