The Official Kobe X iD thread

There are specific reasons why Nike provides email updates. It's for a more enjoyable iD experience. It adds to the excitement of designing your own shoe. It provides a personal and tailor made interaction with the consumer. When my kids were younger they would iD there shoes and would get excited with the "started" and "almost finished" updates. It's part of the service and experience-- I want my effin emails! Ha!

Same. I don't get why people get so antsy when others get a status update and they don't. If Nike acknowledges your order, you will get it...sooner or later. 
Sooner or later, unless someone steals them out of your shipment box - then it ends up being way later. But I have to be a really rare occurrence.

I barely receive any emails when I order from Nike, out of 3 ID's this year only 1 got status updates. I just order, forget about them and when I get the UPS email it's a nice surprise.

Last edited:
It would be nice if they are still around when pairs start coming in, so anyone who hates theirs can try again. But, they will probably get removed just prior to pairs arriving. It's why I ordered 4 - even if a couple are bad, I should have a keeper, maybe 2. I'm hoping we are all stunned by the lack of glue stains, non over zealous speckling, and amazing weave blends.

Don't want to add to the status emails but I like to make sure I get them because on one of my MC IX IDs Nike basically forgot to make them so I had to wait an extra month for them to make and ship to me.

still waiting
nthat.gif
start email....
pimp.gif

still waiting
nthat.gif
start email....
pimp.gif
I just got off a chat.  It took her literally 20min to find the order and tell me the iD factory has it and will BEGIN soon. I ordered the morning of launch.  She said generally they start in the order the iD is received but may be dependent on availability of materials.  She also said tell your NTer friends to stop whining like some lil broads and be patient! 
laugh.gif
 Nah-I made that last part up.

Gum sole. Should be good paired with MC upper.
Makes me want to order a gum soled, black based pair. I have these 2 in my cart...thinking about ordering one of them....or both LOL

That would put me at 4 pair. I know its ridiculous but I love MCs! Anyone else order 4 or more? Not trying to make it a pissing contest just curious
laugh.gif

@solesearchdsgns  making me wish I went with white tongue/liner/laces 
laugh.gif

if you're willing to wait it out, I ordered this pair so you can see how most of that shoe will look complete

Last edited:
I don't know if I can wait it out
roll.gif
I doubt they will be around when pairs start showing up. I'm def digging the all grey upper though ^^^

Last edited:
Dumb question...I've never returned an ID order...they provide sort of return label and its as simple as returning a regular order from NDC? If thats the case I might pull the trigger on these 2 pair. I'm not sure I'll keep the first pair I ordered.

Dumb question...I've never returned an ID order...they provide sort of return label and its as simple as returning a regular order from NDC? If thats the case I might pull the trigger on these 2 pair. I'm not sure I'll keep the first pair I ordered.
Just as easy.  I don't think they ship them to you with a return label in the box like regular orders (because they come from overseas) but you just log into your order info on NDC, print the return label, and done.  Very quick, easy and efficient.  I will say NDC is tops in ease of returns, you get your money back quick.  

Last edited:

@solesearchdsgns  making me wish I went with white tongue/liner/laces 
laugh.gif

if you're willing to wait it out, I ordered this pair so you can see how most of that shoe will look complete
I was going to order one more pair just like this with a black midsole instead. I hope the dark grey flyknit looks good in person. 

Last edited:

Makes me want to order a gum soled, black based pair. I have these 2 in my cart...thinking about ordering one of them....or both LOL

That would put me at 4 pair. I know its ridiculous but I love MCs! Anyone else order 4 or more? Not trying to make it a pissing contest just curious
laugh.gif
I ordered this exact pair!  Can't wait to get them in, I'll post pics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom