THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I'm still considering buying them on Saturday and I remember that there was some discussion in here that the FK Kobes are a bit smaller than the EMs. So is the general consensus tts or half size down? (Sorry if you had to answer that question a thousand times before)

Ems are tts. Flyknits are snug so go .5 size up. If you can go to a store to try on some hypergrapes to get a better idea on sizing. I did this with elite socks and it was .5 size up for me. Good luck.

Noticed that Tysons Corners in Mclean Virginia's HoH and Champs Sports has Kobe 9 Elite low hyper grapes still available. Decent sizes too, a 10.5, 11, and 11.5...

Wow...

I must say, I have been raggin a little bit on the elite lows as an on court shoe.  Had the chance to really give them a go the other day since I finally got my true size.  Lovin them.  Still would take the EMs over these performance-wise (and overall value), but the elite lows are money 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Wow...

I must say, I have been raggin a little bit on the elite lows as an on court shoe.  Had the chance to really give them a go the other day since I finally got my true size.  Lovin them.  Still might take the EMs over these performance-wise, but the elite lows are money :smokin
That's awesome to hear. You went tts on both Em and flyknits? Did you have a break in period ? I heard 5 games they'll break in.

Last edited:
That's awesome to hear. You went tts on both Em and flyknits? Did you have a break in period ? I heard 5 games they'll break in.
I actually went .5 down in the EMs for a bit better lockdown and since I have a narrow foot.  True to size on the flyknit lows for me is about as perfect as it can get --- .5 up with a wide foot would probably be a good plan though.

I haven't played in them enough to give a good assessment on break-in, but after 2 sessions they've softened up a little bit.  It's a bit of a shame that this flyknit had to be backed with TPU, which takes away from the true characteristics of flyknit, but it does a good job of locking your foot in and still being pretty comfortable.

In my experience, the lunar inserts take a little longer to mold to your foot than they did with the 8s, since they are bit thicker/denser.  This is a good thing to me though, as they should last a little while longer.

Last edited:
Really hoping to score these Bees. Haven't been through an online release in quite some time so hoping I will just be able to score them and get back in bed.

Don't want to have to wonder through New York.

In terms of performance, the EM versions are a steal for the prices they're going for on some sites. If you can get them for under $100 and you need new basketball shoes, I highly recommend the EM. It's definitely got more of the sock-like feel that some prefer for playing in. The difference between EM and FK isn't night and day, but you definitely get more bang for your buck performance-wise.

In terms of performance, the EM versions are a steal for the prices they're going for on some sites. If you can get them for under $100 and you need new basketball shoes, I highly recommend the EM. It's definitely got more of the sock-like feel that some prefer for playing in. The difference between EM and FK isn't night and day, but you definitely get more bang for your buck performance-wise.

Where are they under $100? Point me in the direction minus the stupid pop arts and Easters

Kinda glad these aren't selling out at retail price like all the 8's did :x

I agree. The flyknit versions might look aesthetically better, but performance wise the EMs basically do everything that you need, plus the 9's lunar insoles lasts longer than the 8's. There's also no real break in time with the EMs.

welp NVM if they are gonna give me $99. pointless

and yea they are DS
laugh.gif
i dont know why i bought em. thought they would grow on me but yea. waste of money
FTL and the likes should take them back w/o a receipt. Not saying this for scammers, but just sayin' lol

Where are they under $100? Point me in the direction minus the stupid pop arts and Easters

Kinda glad these aren't selling out at retail price like all the 8's did :x

I saw this on kicksdeals the other day.

http://www.citygear.com/nike-kobe-ix-em.html

Coupon Code: clearance (Take extra 30% off styles in the clearance section ONLY)

Not sure if the code still works, haven't tried. Been hooping in Easter's though and they're great.

I agree. The flyknit versions might look aesthetically better, but performance wise the EMs basically do everything that you need, plus the 9's lunar insoles lasts longer than the 8's. There's also no real break in time with the EMs.

Yeah I mean I love the MP's. Might be one of my favorite shoes of all time, but in terms of a shoe I want to beat up on court, the EM versions are awesome. I prefer the 9 EM over the 8 as well. The thin lunar insole on the 8 really took a toll on my legs after a long session at the gym.

Yeah I mean I love the MP's. Might be one of my favorite shoes of all time, but in terms of a shoe I want to beat up on court, the EM versions are awesome. I prefer the 9 EM over the 8 as well. The thin lunar insole on the 8 really took a toll on my legs after a long session at the gym.
Yep -- still solid court feel with the 9's insert, but much better for the legs...

So has anyone figured out what is the "meaning" on the Phillipines?...I know it says #24 on one side but what does the what looks like "mp" on the other side of the upper mean?..anyone help me out? Appreciate it

I like the Beethovens from these better pics... but I do not need them 
laugh.gif
 damnit
Come on. Coooooooooooooome on. I ordered three pairs of iDs and dumped the Beethovens on Monday now I'm crawling back to them. BoyzIIMen style.

Back
Top Bottom