THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
ill call my local FTL today and see if they are raffling,  wont be a big deal if I cant get these.  FK lows are almost here. 

I hope all you guyz get these "Phillipenes"...actually ya guyz can have all these EMs......im saving for the FK Lows.....i be thinkn those are gunna be hella hard to cop?...and hella $$$ from resellers?.....everyone and there momma is wantin those so....EMs are up for grabs as far as im concerned!..haha...

Just got a raffle ticket for the Philippines from HOH today. They said the calls will go out tomorrow afternoon. I'm in Southern California and these will probably be sold out quick here. We got lots of Filipinos including myself. Bay area and SD stores will sell out of these too. We love our celebrating our culture.

I made this collage of the pop arts with an avatar dude and it is crazy how similar the coloring is. It is a far fetched idea that avatar was an inspiration for these shoes, but I would believe it if I heard it.

I don't get all the fuss about the 9 lows philipines theres hype around those cherry kitty cocktails and i don't understand
Ok, let's clear this up for you...

1. The Kobe 9 lows that have released in decent looking colors were very plain ie. Black Crimsons, Bruce Lees - They had no pattern or memorable design on them that we haven't seen before... mostly solid colored.

2. The Kobe 9 lows that have had patterns were nasty nasty colors ie. Easters, Pop Arts - Who wants to wear anything in green tie dye or animal striped avatar colors???

3. The Flyknit Lows are not out yet.

4. The Kobe 9 Premium Philippines has nice colors, patterns that are unique, clear outsole with a cool design embedded, and a country theme for a nice story to tell.

5. If you have any connection to the Philippines, these will be nice to wear to express your Filipino heritage or any association to the Philippines.  The Kobe 8 Philippines editions didn't really express much about the Filipino culture, but this one actually does.

Hope this helps you understand the "fuss".

Local HoH says FCFS for the Kobe 9 PI's right at opening on Friday. Hopefully it's not bad. Will try online and in-store

Ok, let's clear this up for you...
1. The Kobe 9 lows that have released in decent looking colors were very plain ie. Black Crimsons, Bruce Lees - They had no pattern or memorable design on them that we haven't seen before... mostly solid colored.
2. The Kobe 9 lows that have had patterns were nasty nasty colors ie. Easters, Pop Arts - Who wants to wear anything in green tie dye or animal striped avatar colors???
3. The Flyknit Lows are not out yet.
4. The Kobe 9 Premium Philippines has nice colors, patterns that are unique, clear outsole with a cool design embedded, and a country theme for a nice story to tell.
5. If you have any connection to the Philippines, these will be nice to wear to express your Filipino heritage or any association to the Philippines.  The Kobe 8 Philippines editions didn't really express much about the Filipino culture, but this one actually does.

Hope this helps you understand the "fuss".

When ppl get offended cuz they have a different opinion than someone else lol

When ppl get offended cuz they have a different opinion than someone else lol
I'm the last one to get offended here. I'm too old to be offended. I just like to express my opinions and thoughts just as much as you do and that is really what a forum's purpose is.  Why would I get offended if people don't like the shoe? It would make it a lot easier for me if no one else liked them. I was actually just trying to shed some info for you because you said you don't understand why people are making a fuss about these, but if I sounded defensive at all, I did not intend to.

I'm the last one to get offended here. I'm too old to be offended. I just like to express my opinions and thoughts just as much as you do and that is really what a forum's purpose is.  Why would I get offended if people don't like the shoe? It would make it a lot easier for me if no one else liked them. I was actually just trying to shed some info for you because you said you don't understand why people are making a fuss about these, but if I sounded defensive at all, I did not intend to.

That's how it sounded man it's whatever I'm just not feelin em I don't really care about stories as much tho with shoes it's more about looks, comfort and individuality with me

Local HoH says FCFS for the Kobe 9 PI's right at opening on Friday. Hopefully it's not bad. Will try online and in-store
Thats crazy but they should do that all the time. The manager is probably tired of doing Raffle City. That's seems like a lot of work just to sell shoes.

Just got a raffle ticket for the Philippines from HOH today. They said the calls will go out tomorrow afternoon. I'm in Southern California and these will probably be sold out quick here. We got lots of Filipinos including myself. Bay area and SD stores will sell out of these too. We love our celebrating our culture.

I made this collage of the pop arts with an avatar dude and it is crazy how similar the coloring is. It is a far fetched idea that avatar was an inspiration for these shoes, but I would believe it if I heard it.
Kobe IX "Jake Sulleys"

Anyone know why there are special Philippines editions made, aside from the storytelling? Is there some kind or tournament there? Just wondering what the original inspiration was for the Philippines pack.

Perspectives went from my least favorite color to one of my favorites. I love how that blue pops
Totally agree.. they are ridiculously beautiful. No matter what time of day or what ever kind of lighting, these things look stunning. I have them on top of my shoe boxes along with some other nice bball kicks and whenever any of my friends come by they always give props to the Perspectives.

I mean...

If I wear a kobe 8 sz 12 should I stick with sz 12 for the 9's?
If you're talking about the low's.. I heard they run TTS. As for the high's some ppl say TTS but I personally like going .5 down and I've heard others say .5 down worked for them as well. If you have slightly wide feet I'd prolly stay TTS on the highs.

If you're talking about the low's.. I heard they run TTS. As for the high's some ppl say TTS but I personally like going .5 down and I've heard others say .5 down worked for them as well. If you have slightly wide feet I'd prolly stay TTS on the highs.
Talking about the lows, and thanks.  I have wide feet, and my 8 easters are literally a perfect fit for casual use, but I kinda fear that in the 9's (Lows) are a little bigger than the 8's then they'll be too loose.

Either 12 or 11.5.
hm, ok.  

I'm leaning a little towards the 12's, just scared they'll be loose a little.

Last edited:
I have average-width feet and wear a size 14. The 9 EM LOWS fit tighter, and a tiiiiny bit longer than the 8s.

I would stay TTS.

If you can...go to a FTL, FA, FNL, whatever...it shouldn't be hard to find a size 12 in some color to try on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom