THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Why do folks need to compare this to that just consume the product for what it is and stf

Last edited:
I can just see it now. Old and grey talking to my grandkids about the great Shoe Boom of 2014. "Back in the days you could cop a kobe for $225 not these ridiculous prices you kids be paying these days."

Why do folks need to compare this to that just consume the product for what it is and stf

The topic came up because someone posted a link about the comparison. I don't care about comparing them. I collected shoes for ten years, stopped for about three years and then I saw these 9s in December. First shoes I've bought in over three years and it's the best looking basketball shoe that Nike has made in at least five years.

They are definitely revolutionary.  The maestros though 
happy.gif

In all honestly Jordans, LeBrons, KDs, and Kobes all sat on shelves until the shoe boom that started a couple years ago.
After the first few cws, they still sit.

Some of the early Kobe 8 cws sat at my footlocker for months. I think they still have some colorways on display as of a month or so ago.

Great gif but tell me Kobe's 1-4 didn't sit on the shelf? None of you can for a reason. There's no way his shoe line will be anything close to Jordan's off the court. But it's cool, I'm done. Just gonna enjoy my 9s and let it be.

I just gave you a reason a few pages back. Maybe you can argue that some of 1-3 cw's sat but after that nope! Again many of the kobe 4 cw's were HOH exclusives so they DID NOT sit. To my knowledge there were only a few cw's of the 4s that were still hanging around by the summer. Most were selling out, maybe not right away but 3-4 months in it was impossible to find the Del Sol 4s or CD's, etc. No shoe line will match the perfect storm Jordans were. Thats not the argument. AND as mentioned before there was a huge shift in the sneaker culture resulting in more popularity. I just don't agree wit cha bro...at all lol.

Great gif but tell me Kobe's 1-4 didn't sit on the shelf? None of you can for a reason. There's no way his shoe line will be anything close to Jordan's off the court. But it's cool, I'm done. Just gonna enjoy my 9s and let it be.
I don't think anyone is arguing that Kobe's line will be close to Jordan's in terms of off court appeal. The only thing that SC article was asking was whether or not Kobe's line would also have a legacy of off court appeal beyond the performance stuff down the line, not whether or not his line would be as popular off the court as Jordan's. Multiple people in here have already agreed with you that Jordans will still be more popular.

He doesnt appreciate the effort during the photoshoot. They shouldnt be smiling. Nothing to be smiling about for them this year.

He doesnt appreciate the effort during the photoshoot. They shouldnt be smiling. Nothing to be smiling about for them this year.
Surprised this wasnt his face when they asked him to be in a team picture to remember this "AMAZING" season......

I worked in sneaker stores when LeBron's 1-6 came out. 1s sold okay, 2s sold well, 3s sold out in most colors, 4s sold well, 5s were the only pair that didn't sell well. These are all GRs. Cats in here insulting my intelligence by saying LeBron's shoe line wasn't successful.

I've seen a few in here tell me I don't know what I'm talking about but haven't disputed the fact that Kobe 1-4 sat on the shelf. Then I have others saying they disagree and the 8 turned the line around, so that would be last year?

I worked at FL and then Nike for eight years total.
What do the full lines matter anyway, if you like a model, buy it. I like the kobe 8's and 9's much better than the lebron X and IMO horrible 11. Some shoes are going to be more successful than others, the names don't have EVERYTHING to do with it.

Finally got my maestros / gumbo nola ones. Someone sold it to me as second hand for 171 euros but they are almost completely new, no stains on the outsole and everything was included.
The kobe 9 elite are truely awesome. Prefer them over the lows. Will wear them tomorrow at work ^^

shoes sitting in one store doesn't mean it sat in other areas of the country.

I know..because I worked at champs for 4 years...14 years ago.
roll.gif

can anyone confirm that kobe is wearing the venoms in the team pic?

shoes sitting in one store doesn't mean it sat in other areas of the country.

I know..because I worked at champs for 4 years...14 years ago.
roll.gif

can anyone confirm that kobe is wearing the venoms in the team pic?
roll.gif
14 years ago. Nice.

what are these? from kobe's team photo. not sure ive seen any kobe venomenons looking like this. kobe 9 lows?

Back
Top Bottom