THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

to all of those who received their inspirations, where are you located? i'm in denver and shipping hasn't updated due to weather. aunt pearls are delayed too.. 
ohwell.gif
received mine yesterday, im in socal.
expedite/express shipping? mine is still showing for friday

no worries..no disappointment.

if it's not carbon fiber then why did you mention the carbon fiber? lol
Um I don't think you read my entire post. I mentioned the fact that I didn't see any carbon fiber on the pics of the lows that have been floating around. I just found it odd that they would start out with the elites then come out with the "regular" version later. Then I mentioned that the 8s didn't have carbon fiber either until the elites.

All I'm really hoping for is that we do get some flyknit lows or mids or whatever it was that we all hoped for in the beginning. I will more than likely be picking up a pair of the EM lows since I love the performance of the elites.
i did... don't think you're thinking it through. no big deal so i'm moving on.

:lol:

I had a decision to make between the SLH Lebrons and the Perspectives. Thanks to a post by Champs on IG of both kicks side by side, I'm going for Perspectives. Plus, Lebrons haven't been selling out in my area like that. Think I'll be able to cop later.

Last edited:
:lol:

I had a decision to make between the SLH Lebrons and the Perspectives. Thanks to a post by Champs on IG of both kicks side by side, I'm going for Perspectives. Plus, Lebrons haven't been selling out in my area like that. Think I'll be able to later.

It's the SLH for me, and it aint close

I finally had a chance to try out my IXs last night so here is my quick review:

1. First impression is not like what you expect in terms of what you see in pictures with hints of green here and there but look predominantly black and yellow. That is definitely not the case in person and in sunlight. I think it looks amazing and I love the contrast in the same way I loved the variability and contrast on the Masterpieces themselves. From my pair and pics online seems the pattern is consistent across the board.

2. I put them on with a pair of Nike Dri Fit socks, first thing that came to mind was should I have sized down .5 from 12 to 11.5 as all the comments about dead space seemed true. Reading from all your guys help that 2 things will make a big difference: double layer of socks, and tighten laces a little more than what I am used to (esp from the 8s). This did the trick and felt super comfortable walking around on carpet, hardwood and concrete.

*back funny story, around same time Kobe went down I went down with a broken ankle (my dumbarss was wearing Jordan Alpha 1s, never again) so I was out 6 months on crutches and healing. I came back and have been wearing an ankle brace ever since. I was looking forward to ditching that and that these IX's will be that support I need.

To confirm, for me at least, the answer is YES. I was very happy with the support and ditched the brace all together.

I played OUTDOORS and then moved INDOORS

Outdoors: Traction was very good, the dirt (esp from all the rain Cali had) did not affect me in how I played. They felt light, sturdy, and I did not think about my ankle very much (I do every time I don't wear my brace). No arch pain, no heel pain and no forefoot pain, all issues I had with the 7s that were fixed by the 8s. These seemed to have the same feel as 8s with more confidence of knowing there is adequate support and flexibility.

Indoors: This is where it got special, @nightwing2303 mentioned that the traction gets better and better even with more dust accumulating, and he was right. They feel phenomenal on hard wood, and had that same giddy  feeling when I first tried on my pair of 8s. I thought those were the best BBall shoe I ever wore, until these. 

Notes:

-My laces did not rip, however it does feel if I pull real hard that it could over time.

-My shozoku (sheath) on the tongue did not scratch off or show signs of wear, however its constantly on my mind (but something I got to get over eventually that nike will not fix lol)

-My ankle felt great after, usually there is stiffness in my achillis or ball joint, but post and this morning I feel like I can go again

-*I swapped out the standard insert for my ELITE 8 insert with heel zoom so I am not sure how it would have felt without it, so I may run again tonight putting original inserts back in.

Hope this is helpful for anyone, now I have friends who say "its a hard transition from 8s" and "I don't like how they feel on court yet", everyone will have different experiences, just wanted to share mine. Overall happiness 9.5/10! :smile:

They should have thrown some purple on the fuse or worked it into the flyknit for some more color contrast.

I wish I knew how to do the spoiler thing haha. Yah some aint heat but these are my faves of each one. #legendoftheMambacontinues #wishIhadthemsparks
Very Nice. I agree with the Rock. Couple more claps. Those Inspirations lookin nice with the Sulfurs.

just signed up at my local mall. 3 stores out of 5 total shoe stores are getting them, those 2 shoe stores are Champs and Finishline. The 3 are Footlocker, Footaction, and House of Hoops. No one signed up for my size and it seems like everyone is going for the Jordan 3 Infrared this week. I love it when theres another (weak) hyped up shoe overshadowing the shoe I want.

I just hope a real pair of elite's come out. With carbon fiber, kevlar laces and maybe zoom.

I've always wondered, is there any actual benefit to kevlar laces? Are they less prone to tearing or provide some sort of protection that I'm unaware of? They just always seemed like a marketing gimmick to me (although they were definitely a good look on the 2012 elite series).

Man, I'm so up and down with the Inspirations. In certain pics, like the most recent, they definitely have the annual del-sol vibe to em. I really thought so in the pic someone posted of them with the Sulfurs. They just don't do it in person. Wish they weren't moving and could be found for discount down line. Would definitely cop then, lol.

Back
Top Bottom