THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
I'm 5'10 and with normal basketball shorts and normal calf height athletic socks they look fine. Just don't get long shorts or too high socks or you'll look you have stubby Yosemite Sam legs. Otherwise, you should be fine.
hahaha yeah man I know what you are talking about. I like all my shorts right above/ on the knee so I can show off my monster calves and plus I dont like the long shorts look. Also dont like too tightor too baggy pants

i think they are edited, i dont remember see that much green or in fact any green when i held a pair in hand, but i could be wrong

For people worried those black and silver pair were the Michael Jackson's it appears their not, their the wear test sample he first wore to practice.  Glad they are.  Also glad because I remember saying they were pry just wear test samples when pics first released and had a couple people say it was stupid for me to assume that since the announcement of the shoe was coming that day and that he wouldn't just now be wearing the samples right before the reveal.  Glad I don't hold grudges haha

via: realpromotagged

View media item 821973

View media item 821974

View media item 821975

View media item 821976

View media item 821977

View media item 821978

I like these

yea those are dope...almost all blacked out. Feelin em but i dunno if id cop...If i can get these Inspirations this weekend ill probably be done with the Elites

I'm not paying much attn to these nicknames, but from what I heard, footlocker is calling the upcoming black/yellow pair a Laker colorway.

I'm going to try to grab em, but def retail or bust deal for me. Too many releases to have to jump through hoops and pay more than the already crazy retail price....

Yessir... My thoughts. I'm not even trying to pay resellers $50-75 for these if they're releasing everywhere and no they're NOT LIMITED.

If the next 3 releases are really going to be GR's then I can see these hitting outlets later on. Wouldn't mind getting Details for $150-$180 in the summer

Really doubt resellers are gonna go out and scoop up Elites at $225 if they can't move them

Can't wait for my ASG to arrive tomorrow :pimp:

no, they were/are FAR MORE appealing to me.

i've mentioned before, i never liked the kobe line until i saw the first images of the elites. the ridiculous cut and flyknit is unlike anything else so it immediately piqued my interest. whereas the rest of the line, while probably great performers, all looked like generic nikes to me.

i seldom shoot hoops, so my kicks are mainly for casual daily wear. until recently, it was almost exclusively jordan, but jb are getting really damn boring now. the same retros every other week.
totally agree...first style i've been pretty excited about in awhile.  I'm more about the aesthetics of a shoe.  Been purchasing jordan retros most of my life and they are getting a bit of the same old same old aside from certain colorways. The kobe IX elite is a refreshing new change and it helps that I'm a sucker for flyknit. 

Last edited:
no, they were/are FAR MORE appealing to me.

i've mentioned before, i never liked the kobe line until i saw the first images of the elites. the ridiculous cut and flyknit is unlike anything else so it immediately piqued my interest. whereas the rest of the line, while probably great performers, all looked like generic nikes to me.

i seldom shoot hoops, so my kicks are mainly for casual daily wear. until recently, it was almost exclusively jordan, but jb are getting really damn boring now. the same retros every other week.
That's another point for uniqueness. I guess people who are tired of lows are the ones who are really attracted to these. I've been hoopin' a lot recently and I think someone who wears something like the elites will get a lot of attention, and I'm not much of an attention-seeker, contrary to accusations thrown at me by someone on here. hah! :tongue:

As for casual wear, I most definitely won't look good in those either. I'm only 5'10 and my calf muscles are not as slim as I'd like them to be. So that's already a no for wearing shorts. As for wearing a pair of pants, that can be done but ,again, too many eyes will be on me. Fit teenagers, models and ballers will look awesome wearing elites casually. As for regular Joes, that will depend. :D

If the next 3 releases are really going to be GR's then I can see these hitting outlets later on. Wouldn't mind getting Details for $150-$180 in the summer

Really doubt resellers are gonna go out and scoop up Elites at $225 if they can't move them

Can't wait for my ASG to arrive tomorrow
pimp.gif
Aint no telling fam.I agree it would be nice but I think people will try and squeeze everything out of the high 9's.Those perspectives have hypebeast colors written all over it.

I learned that the price doesnt really stop anyone.Which is good and bad considering nike knows that.

For people worried those black and silver pair were the Michael Jackson's it appears their not, their the wear test sample he first wore to practice.  Glad they are.  Also glad because I remember saying they were pry just wear test samples when pics first released and had a couple people say it was stupid for me to assume that since the announcement of the shoe was coming that day and that he wouldn't just now be wearing the samples right before the reveal.  Glad I don't hold grudges haha

via: realpromotagged

These I can **** with. And I'm sure, like always, people will be hating on these at first, then doing a total 180 when they drop. #dontbelievemejustwatch

Last edited by a moderator:
These I can **** with. And I'm sure, like always, people will be hating on these at first, then doing a total 180 when they drop. #dontbelievemejustwatch
except these are wear test samples that wont drop...

I like em too, by they remain pes

Can't wait for my ASG to arrive tomorrow :pimp:
Aint no telling fam.I agree it would be nice but I think people will try and squeeze everything out of the high 9's.Those perspectives have hypebeast colors written all over it.

I learned that the price doesnt really stop anyone.Which is good and bad considering nike knows that.

Maybe so but the lack of a "limited" tag might keep the hypebeasts away

If the next pair releases out here in North Dakota then I'll wait it out for a sale price :lol:

Man we see the same pics right up top on the same page.Why keep quoting all of the damb pics lol? ahahah

I like those black NRG's myself.

Last edited:
You'll never hear official #s, but spots that hardly get anything are getting these....

I've heard from different shoe store employees in different areas, they all say the same thing.

Maybe not overflooded GR numbers, but they shouldn't be hard to get.

Don't let these psychic resellers fool you....

Last edited:
What's funny is I went to a FTL hotspot in the DMV today and they said strait up with conviction their not getting them Sat. I was shocked to say the least. Maybe they didn't get their shipment yet and dude knows 0 but we'll see when the locator updates. More interested in the Perspective anyway though.

That's another point for uniqueness. I guess people who are tired of lows are the ones who are really attracted to these. I've been hoopin' a lot recently and I think someone who wears something like the elites will get a lot of attention, and I'm not much of an attention-seeker, contrary to accusations thrown at me by someone on here. hah! :tongue:

As for casual wear, I most definitely won't look good in those either. I'm only 5'10 and my calf muscles are not as slim as I'd like them to be. So that's already a no for wearing shorts. As for wearing a pair of pants, that can be done but ,again, too many eyes will be on me. Fit teenagers, models and ballers will look awesome wearing elites casually. As for regular Joes, that will depend. :D

one of the few good things about being a sneakerhead in australia is, NO ONE CARES ABOUT SHOES. the community is so small, you end up seeing the same faces on releases and no one cares when you walk around in a rare pair. i get more broken necks from my GR midwest xix than any of my doerbechers or limited releases, and that's only because straights think they're exceptionally strange. :D

yeah i'm used to looking a bit silly to most others. so if i like a pair, i'll go for them.

I just don't see how you can comfortably wear the shoe with the tongue folded into the shoe, the ankle part is not so bad in terms of comfortability, but i'd imagine the tongue is folded and really uncomfortable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it looks good in those 2 pics.Not the pants so much but the shoe is nice and hopefully the mid is just like that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom