THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
So I'm on Instagram looking for Kobe 9 teasers...I come across some pics and start digging more..I find myself on Brettgolliff.com apparently this guy is a shoe designer who has worked with Nike...he made up some sketches and concepts for the Kobe 9 including the elite and NSW versions last year...just a few pics I stole...I doubt these will be the final product, just found it interesting..and I could see how flyknit could be used ]

I think he worked with Nike and NB at different times, but those are just concepts, not actually mock ups. Those pics have been around for quite awhile. Dope nonetheless.

It's a special machine that "knits" the upper. It's a different procedure than anything else.

Why Nike doesn't buy or make more machines to cover the demand, I can't answer that.

Lord knows they have only the best accountants working the cost-benefit analysis. I'm sure there's justification.

I think he worked with Nike and NB at different times, but those are just concepts, not actually mock ups. Those pics have been around for quite awhile. Dope nonetheless.
Yeah I realize these aren't the final sketches...just would be interesting if Nike actually ran with these..

No way these will be the same price as a regular flyknit model. Take the price of the most expensive regular release fk, and raise it by 20-30.

We'll be lucky if Nike is nice and keeps it under $200 for regular releases.

Well I see $170... Mainly because of the speculation that the shoes upper won't be full flyknit and only slightly. Make it slightly mid... Add the logo... There you go

I haven't done it. Maybe I will throw on my Easters next time I play. I'm just afraid I'm going to have to be carried out of the gym like my friend was when he busted both ankles while playing in his Kobe 5s 

Regardless of the type of shoes. If you step on someone foot your ankle will roll. The assumption that lower cut shoes will increase the chance of ankle injury is just a myth.

I haven't done it. Maybe I will throw on my Easters next time I play. I'm just afraid I'm going to have to be carried out of the gym like my friend was when he busted both ankles while playing in his Kobe 5s 
Regardless of the type of shoes. If you step on someone foot your ankle will roll. The assumption that lower cut shoes will increase the chance of ankle injury is just a myth.
some shoes make it harder to roll your ankle though, with that being said the kobe 8s are the safest shoe i have ever worn (just from the feel). the heal lockdown and thin sole make the shoe pretty much an extension of my foot. 

the question is.. will flynit be supportive enough? i mean for running shoes sure, you're RUNNING. i actually play ball in my shoes, whereas most on this forum buy shoes and either store them in the closet or wear them once a year for a special event.

but cutting, jumping? iunno man.. will have to wait and see.

A lot of people said the same thing about the EM used on the Kobe 8 before it dropped.

Right now, everyone is holding their collective breath waiting for a full press release on the details on the construction of the shoe

They're a tale down model for sure.... No way the 9s would leak this early into some random persons hands.

I doubt the final version of the 9 is even complete yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom