THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

I hear ya there they were probably getting blown up and just didn't want to deal with it. Its just tough to hear that when you know they sitting there lol.

I cant thank you enough, I just called Cabazon and they did a phone order. My girl lives in Oregon so I was able to get them for $212.50 shipped. I really wish I had more dough or I would order a pair of moonwalkers.

The inspirations are the first shoe I have ever doubled up on. I plan on taking the pair I have now (which I use for ball) and using them casually. Super excited to get that price it. I was either this or buy the BHM's for 190 off of someone (local) who says they've only been worn three times. We all know how that goes.

Thanks !!!!!!!
glad it works out for you. Ontario Mills store is a busy store it's not surprising they're bunch of *****. BUT if you are there in person they generally treats you ok. 

This thread gets so much more traffic then the x thread.
cause 9's way better than x's . 
pimp.gif

Nope. This thread was full of Elite haters and EM low bashers. Most of the traffic showed up when X-Mas, WTK and BHM started to be discussed and bought in the beast. It wasn't until half way through this shoe when everyone realized the 9 was a nice sneaker and folks were scrambling to play catch up.

Besides the Masterpiece the 10 to this point crushes the 9 IMO. The 10 thread will be no different with traffic. Folks aren't willing to pay $180 for them but may end up paying more through resell once they finally come around on the model. It'll probably be the same thing next year with the 11.

Last edited:
Nope. This thread was full of Elite haters and EM low bashers. Most of the traffic showed up when X-Mas, WTK and BHM started to be discussed and bought in the beast. It wasn't until half way through this shoe when everyone realized the 9 was a nice sneaker and folks were scrambling to play catch up.

Besides the Masterpiece the 10 to this point crushes the 9 IMO. The 10 thread will be no different with traffic. Folks aren't willing to pay $180 for them but may end up paying more through resell once they finally come around on the model. It'll probably be the same thing next year with the 11.

Nah. More like all the first elites sold out so fast and we weren't ready to pay resell yet cause we knew more cw were coming out. Also elite lows haven't dropped yet. Love was always there for the elites.

Em was also mixed feelings.

Personally haven't been in the X thread lol. Saw the pics and looks like I'm not missing out

Most coming from 8 hated the Elites. Boxing shoes was the most common slight. MP and ASG sold out. Inspiration, Perspective and Detail sat a few days. After that it was hit or miss unless the word limited was attached. Mostly misses IMO. The poll shows. Hot start and total fall off until the Xmas, WTK and BHM came along. The hype finally won out and boosted the 9 to levels it really isn't. Outside of the Masterpiece of course. That shoe is a Classic.

I guess time will tell, but thus far I haven't been compelled to buy any 10s and don't care much for 10 elite highs. Doubtful I'll care much about the elite lows too, based off how the elite highs look. Couple that with the fact that I think the elite 9s are one of the best looking shoes I've ever seen, and I'll disagree, but time will tell.

I havent been on the X page a whole bunch. 

I want to like them and even had all of them at the Canal HOH to look at and still didnt walk out with any. 

I still havent purchased all of my favorite 9s yet. 

My love for the 9s hasnt really moved on with the Xs like some. I guess that is why I am still in here mostly. 

I do like the all black X high (except for the back). I will black out the pink on them. Not sure if Ill buy them though. 

last three models:

9  > 8  > 10

the end.

Wow! 9 over 8? Ah ha ha ha. CW wise the 8 is so superior to 9 it's not even a fair comparison. For a shoe with 30 plus CWs and variations the 9 has more weak than strong. It's the exact opposite with the 8 and 10 so far.

8's are overrated imo.  every cw looks like diff color tye dyes.  it doesn't have a tongue! there were a few gems but just too many bad ones w/ all that they put out.  2 christmas versions of the same shoe?  c'mon. but i guess they had to buy time trying to perfect the Masterpiece haha

8's are overrated imo.  every cw looks like diff color tye dyes.  it doesn't have a tongue! there were a few gems but just too many bad ones w/ all that they put out.  2 christmas versions of the same shoe?  c'mon. but i guess they had to buy time trying to perfect the Masterpiece haha
this...talking performance wise as well since this IS a basketball shoe we're talking about...

@BowB4Me I do like your avi tho....bullets all day

Last edited:
If we're talking performance then why no 10 love? Shoes are pillow like. If we take just the simular theme 8 and put them against the 9 it's not close IMO.

Xmas lights > candy cane
Fade > moonwalker
WTK 8 > 9
Easter 8 > 9

I'll give you BHM and I didn't like eithers AS. Can't get with GITD shoes.

Mambacurial and Sparks kill the rest of the 9s. Only the Masterpiece can stand up against them all CW wise.

Bullets/Wizards all day long champ. Ha ha ha

Last edited:
the introduction of flyknit to the 9 was a game changer imo....the 10s traction isn't as good as the 9s and the heel lock down support isn't as good as well....imo...

I can respect your opinion on the colorways, etc. but I mainly rock kobe's to ball in so if the shoe looks dope but the performance is weak sauce...I usually pass.

the introduction of flyknit to the 9 was a game changer imo....the 10s traction isn't as good as the 9s and the heel lock down support isn't as good as well....imo...

I can respect your opinion on the colorways, etc. but I mainly rock kobe's to ball in so if the shoe looks dope but the performance is weak sauce...I usually pass.

I respect that. I haven't played ball in over a decade. All my views and opinions are strictly for casual wear and looks. On court I have no valid opinion.

Never understood the love affair wth the 8s, a few nice colors but I like the 6 and 7s more, also the Xs dont feel great to me. Turned my ASGs into work shoes and am actively destroying them... Gumbos in the gym > any other shoes aside from Huarache runners.

If comparing aesthetics only, I'd specify the 9 into 9 elite and 9 EM. 2 different looks and not even close in terms of appeal.

I'd go 9 elite > 8 >                                             10's so far > 9 EM

Only played in the 8 so can't comment on the others but the 8s were great, A1 while the lunarlon held up.

Last edited:
As long as colorway is concerned   i only liked WTK 8 more than WTK 9's .

I loved some EM's   Philippines , Cobalt , Mango , and high's were dope .

But Elite lows  were 
pimp.gif
 , beethovens , mamba moments , moonwalkers  etc . Daaaaamn 
nthat.gif

Most coming from 8 hated the Elites. Boxing shoes was the most common slight. MP and ASG sold out. Inspiration, Perspective and Detail sat a few days. After that it was hit or miss unless the word limited was attached. Mostly misses IMO. The poll shows. Hot start and total fall off until the Xmas, WTK and BHM came along. The hype finally won out and boosted the 9 to levels it really isn't. Outside of the Masterpiece of course. That shoe is a Classic.

Child please 10 lows and elites especially are boo boo.

Back
Top Bottom