THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

i would never understand the yeezy hype. 
I see Kobe as a MUCH bigger celebrity than kanye ever will be. Kobe has done crazy things in his shoes, in a sport that I love. Kanye walks around 90210 in his shoes, with a douche look on his face. 

$.02

I see Kobe as a MUCH bigger celebrity than kanye ever will be. Kobe has done crazy things in his shoes, in a sport that I love. Kanye walks around 90210 in his shoes, with a douche look on his face. 

$.02

Kobe is nowhere near as big a celebrity as kanye.

Maybe for sports fans who aren't in tune with pop culture.

But the rest of the world knows his every move is overly publicized and made a big deal.

Kobe has little to no influence over people who aren't lakers fans.

But the rest of the world knows his every move is overly publicized and made a big deal.

While I do agree with parts of this  post. I would almost say Kanye at this point in time is more infamous than famous. The only reason why he is as big as he is would be because of his outlandish actions and his controversial statements. His music isn't bad (I personally loved college dropout, outside of that a few songs here and there) but his musical talent isn't what necessarily what makes him as big as he is. I know this isn't directly on topic with what you posted but just my thoughts on it.

Flip side of the coin is that sports is a worldwide affair and Kobe's fame is considered to be stonger over seas than it is here. Kobe does have more influence than just laker fans. Many people who are not laker fans are dedicated to his shoe line and brand. Ironically Kobe is one of the few athletes that Kanye likes and can be spotted wearing Kobe's shoes.

While I do agree with parts of this  post. I would almost say Kanye at this point in time is more infamous than famous. The only reason why he is as big as he is would be because of his outlandish actions and his controversial statements. His music isn't bad (I personally loved college dropout, outside of that a few songs here and there) but his musical talent isn't what necessarily what makes him as big as he is. I know this isn't directly on topic with what you posted but just my thoughts on it.

Flip side of the coin is that sports is a worldwide affair and Kobe's fame is considered to be stonger over seas than it is here. Kobe does have more influence than just laker fans. Many people who are not laker fans are dedicated to his shoe line and brand. Ironically Kobe is one of the few athletes that Kanye likes and can be spotted wearing Kobe's shoes.
Its apples and oranges. You're probably not winning if you're a huge fan of any of those guys. You're hopefully either paying 350 retail or 350 resell. Speaking from experience.

Kanye had an amazing first 2 albums, but then turned to trash with auto tune. He sang his whole grammy song with that auto tune crap. Dude sucks.

I actually liked the first 3 kanye albums...since then don't give a flying f about him, his shoes,  or his garbage music...raps best days (90s thru mid 00s) ended years ago.

Last edited:
They bag it with retail store bag and box it as well.
they didn't double box my pair of bag it when I ordered. The worst part was usps left it on my doorstep and it rained. Shoe box was destroyed but the shoes were okay. Depends on the store I'm sure. Still tax for me but I'd double up for under retail.

Just think about what you are saying man.

This is Kobe and Kanye we are talking about. Have you been anywhere around the world? in ASIA? .. at least..

I can ask the first 20 people i see as soon as i landed in every airport around the world if they know Kobe or Kanye and i already know the answer.

This is not Durant, Rose or Carmelo. This is Kobe we are talking about.

Anyone with a pulse should recognize both names. They've both been influential in their own ways. One in sport, the other in music.

Last edited:
I'm pretty big on on sports and music since early 90s and i can honestly say i don't know who Kanye was in early 2000s. I understand how popular Kanye is NOW and to this generation but to compare him to Kobe who was labelled the next MJ before year 2000 and winning championships after that, etc.. i mean dude was already a household name 3-4 years into his career.

Kanye didn't even drop his first album till 2004 so the majority of people didn't know who he was before that. Kobe started his pro career in 1996. So obviously the guy would've been introduced to the world before Kanye. So what's your point?

Not to mention Ye was in Kobes commercial

Kobe is treated like a GOD overseas

Ye is well known, so is Kim K...lol

Kanye had an amazing first 2 albums, but then turned to trash with auto tune. He sang his whole grammy song with that auto tune crap. Dude sucks.

Never understood this argument...Auto tune is the industry standard in every genre, ALL artists have been using it for a couple decades now as an aid to clean up their recordings and live performances just like backing tracks (without lip syncing) and backup singers. The two albums you mentioned have plenty of auto tune btw. And I don't even **** with Ye's music style or shoes but damn to say the guy sucks just sounds like blind hate. Maybe cuz you couldn't cop 20 pairs? Lol

Edit: sorry to derail, saw blackouts in person, love my moonwalkers a million times more.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
wow. 

Never understood this argument...Auto tune is the industry standard in every genre, ALL artists have been using it for a couple decades now as an aid to clean up their recordings and live performances just like backing tracks (without lip syncing) and backup singers. The two albums you mentioned have plenty of auto tune btw. And I don't even **** with Ye's music style or shoes but damn to say the guy sucks just sounds like blind hate. Maybe cuz you couldn't cop 20 pairs? Lol

Edit: sorry to derail, saw blackouts in person, love my moonwalkers a million times more.
Maybe so, but he definitely over-did it with the auto tunes. I thought it sounded like **** and his music turned into garbage. Not to mention most of his fame comes from being an idiot. Have you ever listened to his interviews? The guy talks complete nonsense and is the most self centered human on the planet. Kanye is a joke and so are his ridiculously over-hyped shoes.

Back
Top Bottom