THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The 8 is an awesome shoe the faults were the mesh for lateral stability is lacking. The 9 seems to address that issue. The only thing that can change my mind on them is the cushion setup and colorways ...I can't justify the price but sigh we still pay

Looks like Kobe might be getting some of my money this year, like the teaser pics so far. Those Lebron XI's gonna leave me with extra shoe cash later this year! LOL

i disagree.. i would def chose the lebron 10s over these kobe teasers.. i hate the 10s too.. i think kobe 8s are better then the brons and Kds

I don't think there is anything wrong with the 8, besides how it curls up in the front like elf shoes, I will just spend the next winter and spring loading up on 8s, unless the 9 grows on me and has some cool colorways
some  people  were having issues with the composite shank cracking, more padding on tongue also tongue issues with people wearing ankle socks lol (pretty sure the elite versions solved those issues) not real deal breakers personally. lunarlon is really nice for casual use i prefer zoom though if ima be balling in em but that again thats just my personal preference. others enjoy the lunarlon for balling. EM is very light n flexible really like it, but really looking foreward to see how they incorporate Flyknit on the IX!!!

some  people  were having issues with the composite shank cracking, more padding on tongue also tongue issues with people wearing ankle socks lol (pretty sure the elite versions solved those issues) not real deal breakers personally. lunarlon is really nice for casual use i prefer zoom though if ima be balling in em but that again thats just my personal preference. others enjoy the lunarlon for balling. EM is very light n flexible really like it, but really looking foreward to see how they incorporate Flyknit on the IX!!!
I forgot about that, yeah carbon fiber would be a huge addition if its on all of the models. I prefer the lunarlon myself, I find it more comfortable for casual use. I love the EM, but I am intruiged by the Flyknit, they could probably pull off some crazy colorways, just the only Flyknit I am familiar with I've seen in like running shoes or whatever and I thought they looked terrible.

Well carbon fiber wouldn't be a deal breaker if lunarlon was the cushion system, as the lunar foam bottoms out way to quickly to the point where tpu would last just as long.

I forgot about that, yeah carbon fiber would be a huge addition if its on all of the models. I prefer the lunarlon myself, I find it more comfortable for casual use. I love the EM, but I am intruiged by the Flyknit, they could probably pull off some crazy colorways, just the only Flyknit I am familiar with I've seen in like running shoes or whatever and I thought they looked terrible.
I expect the CWs to be on point especially due to the CWs being a major factor in basketball shoes along side performance.

Alot of people assuming each iteration is better than the previous. We all saw how good the vi was and how horrible the seven was. The eight is awesome not too many flaws. For the 40$-50$ increase I'm hoping its a big difference. Otherwise stock up fellas ^.^

This

It hurt my heart i felt the 7s were a big step up to in terms of appearance then for them to be that bad a performer i was torn

What material were those again?

I expect the CWs to be on point especially due to the CWs being a major factor in basketball shoes along side performance.
I don't like the cut of this shoe either, hopefully the rest of the shoe can please me enough to get over the cut. I'm gonna try to be open minded about the 9 I really am, but the 8 is going to be an extremely tough act to follow.

Flyknit, is just an amazing feel..I use the racers and lunar 1s for lifting at the gym and casual use, I just question its durability on the court.

Well carbon fiber wouldn't be a deal breaker if lunarlon was the cushion system, as the lunar foam bottoms out way to quickly to the point where tpu would last just as long.
So you're saying if one part of the shoe's going to bottom out or crack, the whole shoe might as well fall apart?

I don't believe that huge price increase everyone is talking about....until I see some actual info like an MSRP tag on a box I'm not convince these will be as expensive as some of you guys are saying

Last edited:
So you're saying if one part of the shoe's going to bottom out or crack, the whole shoe might as well fall apart?

Kind of not really, my issue is that for my kobe 8s the tpu wasn't a problem just the lunar foam bottomed out and my shoes look relatively new. They won't work for basketball (intended use ) and I don't really wear Kobe's casually so I'm sol. Considering I use to wear 90s basketball shoes to the ground, can't see myself Doing that with lunarlon based models

idk it's gonna make the upper rigid. a better idea would be put that faux cf where you need support and surround the rest of the upper with flyknit.

Naw, cf without the resin is soft and pliable... I think it can be done.

hmm didn't think about it without the epoxy resin. nike rarely uses colored cf so unless they do it'll be mostly black. A special edition black cf'd out 9 would be sick..

Naw, cf without the resin is soft and pliable... I think it can be done.

same thing I was thinking.

Maybe try to knit the swoosh opposite direction(if that makes any sense) so it can be seen differently from angles & slap on a total CF heelcup

Last edited:
:nerd: CF 9s would be crazy! CF, EM, FK, or any combo of these would seem like we're winning. I love this time of year, the anticipation
is always exciting to me, but damn I'm ready for some pics

Back
Top Bottom