THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Then he'd probably buy the Kobe branded pair.... Not difficult to figure out.
I will never understand why people are so anal about brands. I'll cop a KD/Lebron/Kobe pair any day of the week as long as it looks nice. Hell, I'd even cop a ******g Kwame Brown sig if it looked fresh.

I will never understand why people are so anal about brands. I'll cop a KD/Lebron/Kobe pair any day of the week as long as it looks nice. Hell, I'd even cop a ******g Kwame Brown sig if it looked fresh.
it ties into the NBA, if your into watching the sport of basketball but even more so if your a huge fan of a team or a specific player (Rivalry). you cant be rocking a laker jersey while wearing lebrons... let me rephrase that you shouldnt be. youd get clowned on if people from socal saw you busting some crap like that XD its the same with people who are blind jordan fans. theyll still be copping Js it doesnt even matter if you paid $200 for some kicks that the paint starts chipping after 3 wears. I respect Jordan for what he did playing ball but ive stopped copping his shoes due to the quality downfall and i know many have done so as well. 

I am a Kings fan so naturally i can't like Kobe, although i respect the hell out of the guy.  I'm not gonna lie, ive worn the purple gradient Kobe 8s with my Kings jerseys to the game. a little contradictory? yes, but who cares, and the colorway is too perfect not too. at the end of the day I could care less who's name is on the shoe, if i like the way they look im gonna wear them

Bro idk but i never doubted engineered mesh just flyknit

Flyknit was advertised in a certain way to make it look like a shoe/sock hybrid and socks lack support so yea >D

if anything i feel these will be the most "hip" kobes to date

Go to the mall and try on a pair of Flyknit Frees. The support is ridiculous. I don't even need to tie the laces to get a lockdown fit. They fit that tight. Flyknit is pretty supportive. I can only imagine how awesome the Kobe 9s will be.

Also - saw this pic floating around Twitter saying they were wear test samples of the IXs. Can anyone confirm? View media item 539235

Last edited:
Alright, it's officially time to save up for the 9s. Those are looking good so far.

Last edited:
Look too bulky to be built with flyknit... I don't think those are 9s. Never know tho...

Carbon fiber and flyknit gonna make them $$. Downside of the cf is that it'll get beat up with it on the heel. Still got EM on there i see. Looking forward to the completed product and colorways.

Look too bulky to be built with flyknit... I don't think those are 9s. Never know tho...

as long as they're not as bulky as the 7's, then that will be fine with me.

Carbon fiber and flyknit gonna make them $$. Downside of the cf is that it'll get beat up with it on the heel. Still got EM on there i see. Looking forward to the completed product and colorways.

maybe there's carbon fibre just so they can test them out for the elite version.

Last edited:
Eh. Since the IV, Ive liked the where the shoe was going with the "first pic", but these im not liking that much.

kinda do look like the AZGs. I can't tell from that pic. Mid cut Kobe flyknit, I'm in! :smokin

Im probably going to be in the HUGE minority here but i prefer LOWTOP

As a "test" shoe im unsure of what that means but if that is the genral design the way the lebrons were then I am passing on this whole design

The 8's just had something about them right from the start

These SCREAM BASKETBALL shoe the kobe 8 did not i prefered that

Im dissapointed those will be a pain to slip on to was used to just throwing on the 8's good i got alot LOL

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, I'll never fully judge a shoe til I have the final product in hand. That said, I actually like them going back to a mid-top. Excited to see what they'll do with these.

If those are the 9's everyone keeps saying they remind them of the AZG, but to me they look more like a lightweight Kobe 1, then again most people don't even know what those look like! Lol! Naw jus messing, but they do look like the KB 1 actually even mixed with a little of the Zoom BB2.

Last edited:
Note: the difference between the Kobe 7 wear-test model and final product was pretty stark. Same idea but they were clearly different. (I don't think we saw a good image of the 8 except for the header with the forefoot swoosh)

I do like the idea of these: look more like the 1 and 2 than anything (maybe simply cause they're mids lol). Waiting to see the final product.

Last edited:
To the haters now...

See y'all in December
wink.gif
I sure hope you're right but as it stands its gonna have to POP.

The MAIN problem right away with the shoe for me is the casualness is gone. o have flyknit and i have freerun and the slip on factor of those is nice but to incorporate that into a kobe after the kobe 8 got it so right(unmovable tongue,low top slip on feels etc heck it even looked good unlaced) now with the way this shoe is its just more of a basketball shoe

RIGHT away im turned off by the tongue that kills my interest on the shoe 50% right there then the fact that its essentially going to cover up socks(yup im one of those) that hits the % down another 10

Thats my opinion by JUST looking at it

You cant tell em that even the Kobe 8 black Elites dont kill this already?

It's a wear test sample... Not intended to impress anyone (at the moment) besides Kobe, and whoever else tests them for performance, and anything else.

Best believe Nike will bring it with the colorways....

I like this model so far, almost reminds me of a ZK1/ZK2 hybrid, but not.

I'm in for these...

The VIIs have been the only real disappointment to me in the line from I through VIII, which is kinda sad cuz I actually really like how they look. It's just that the comfort with them is so bad, at least for me, that I really have to knock them down a lot. I know a minority of dudes who really like them, but I can't wear them without my feet killing me.

In terms of on feet feel and 1:1 between the shoe and my foot, the Vs are actually still my top pick in terms of that. Still haven't had another shoe that locks in my foot quite so well, although the IVs and VIIIs are up there for me too. The Is and IIIs are really underrated to me for balling though. Really loved playing in my Black/Maize Is, and the IIIs felt awesome on feet even if they did have that waffle cone look.
trimming the insole to the vii's make them way better

Back
Top Bottom