THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The Kobe 9 Elite is reinforced with Fuse underneath the Flyknit, also Basketball Lunarlon typically is firmer than other types of Lunarlon

Hey guys, I have a question on the tech used on the Elites.  Why does the Flyknit upper have a plastic texture to it?  Also, do they really use Lunarlon cushioning?  I own a pair of Flyknit Chukkas, and the upper on the Kobes feel nothing like them.  Also, the cushioning is more firm and less squishy, even though they both use Lunarlon.

What's going on here? 

There are also two different types of lunarlon. The one on your chukkas is attached to the bottom almost on the outsole. Where as on the Kobe's it is a drop in insert inside of the shoe that molds to your feet more and counts as a midsole.

Hey guys, I have a question on the tech used on the Elites.  Why does the Flyknit upper have a plastic texture to it?  Also, do they really use Lunarlon cushioning?  I own a pair of Flyknit Chukkas, and the upper on the Kobes feel nothing like them.  Also, the cushioning is more firm and less squishy, even though they both use Lunarlon.

What's going on here? 
as said above, the lunar chukka has pretty much the entire mid-sole in lunarlon. the kobe 9 only has the drop in mid-sole. i have the Perspective Elite and Easter lows. personally, the cushioning blows when i'm on the court as i'm not one of those that care for too much court feel. I rather have my feet have a bouncy and comfortable cushion like the Lebron 11 with the lunar+zoom combo and XX8 in the forefoot. The heel cushion is fine tho, just the forefoot.

Last edited:

Hm. That's really strange then.  Perhaps Nike had a smaller inventory for online sales, and greater quantities distributed to brick and mortar stores?  Usually there's a pretty good correlation between digital demand and physical demand, but it doesn't appear to be the case this time.  Maybe I just got lucky I went to a Footlocker that's in the middle of nowhere lol.
Also have to remember $225 is a lot of money to spend on a pair of shoes.  Not everyone has that kind of coin in the less metropolitan areas.

What's going on here? 

Nike fooled everyone with marketing IMO

@DarthDeezy  Protip: Gallery
wink.gif

Maestro in an 11.5 is pretty dry right now. Seem to be going for $300+. You would have to throw some in as size 12 is not a popular size.
I'm way late on this but isn't a size 12 one of the hardest "normal" sizes to get? I don't understand why it wouldn't be a popular size

I'm way late on this but isn't a size 12 one of the hardest "normal" sizes to get? I don't understand why it wouldn't be a popular size
I think 10 - 12 and all half sizes in there are the most common (popular), generally. I think this range sells out first with online releases, with the lower and higher sizes taking a bit longer. I would be interested in the breakdown of the percentages of each size that is produced. I would guess there are more of these sizes (10 - 12) in relation to other sizes but they are just more popular. (As in it would not make sense to make as many size 9 as size 11, or size 15 as size 12)

does anybody know if the insole of the Lebron XI can fit in the Kobe 9 Low?

Ive tried but hard time pushing the whole insole in. I rather have the ix insole to be honest.

The lebron insole is probably too thick. It will fit but your feet will be crammed tight in there might even rip the mesh in the long run.

For lows. Highs they fit fine from what ive seen on performance videos.

Last edited:
If anyone has spare Lebron XI insoles in size 12 , I'm interested because my 9 Elite's fit a little loose in the toe box.
tongue.gif

Back
Top Bottom