THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
The suns vs. laker colorway argument shouldn't even exist. They're called the "Showtimes" for a reason, it's a lakers colorway. But if u wanna rock em with a celtics jersey, nobody is stoppin u.

patiently awaiting for Pacers or Warriors CW comparisons...

lol end of day "do you like the shoe regardless" of what it represents in your imaginative minds..... 

I looked at the Showtimes closely. The Flyknit panel is a mix of Laser Orange and Volt Green. They are blended together in a percise way to appear as Lakers Gold.

I looked at the Showtimes closely. The Flyknit panel is a mix of Laser Orange and Volt Green. They are blended together in a percise way to appear as Lakers Gold.
This is exactly it...  different color flyknit strands to give it more texture and pop

Same goes with the Inspirations I'd say (those have greenish and yellow strands?)

I've never known anything about the Phoenix Suns being associated with "Showtime" ... Clearly paying homage to Magic and LA

I missed the Bruce Lee IXs on release day.....settled for the Venomenoms and took it as a loss....(I'm happy with the Venomenoms, pics don't do them justice.....Happened to go to the mall to help a friend sign for raffles for this weekends releases....when I spotted the Bruce Lees on the wall at HOHs Staten Island. Had to go up half a size but worth it IMO

http://s.photobucket.com/user/itsurnextxbf/media/2FF32A6E-5F7F-44F5-9800-694EDC41E1F2.jpg.html

http://s.photobucket.com/user/itsurnextxbf/media/097EC3B5-3925-4976-970E-37F97065C99B.jpg.html
could you do a lace swap with the two shoes and take pictures for me ?

yea the same way inspirations look yellow froma distance but up close u can see green and orange , speaking of inspirations I think I'm feeling them now with a lace swap. Doesn't look so plain anymore. Might have to grab me a pair nowView media item 920855

Last edited:
yea the same way inspirations look yellow froma distance but up close u can see green and orange , speaking of inspirations I think I'm feeling them now with a lace swap. Doesn't look so plain anymore
Thats a dope lace swatch there. It makes the Inspiration look completely different. 
nthat.gif

Matches the Yellow lining perfectly.

Last edited:
Thats a dope lace swatch there. It makes the Inspiration look completely different. :nthat:  

Matches the Yellow lining perfectly.
yea I think nike dropped ball with stock black laces these look much better imo :smokin

Last edited:
The lace swap on the inspirations is a good match but it makes em pop too much imo. The flyknit on the black base makes em pop enough for me.

The lace swap on the inspirations is a good match but it makes em pop too much imo. The flyknit on the black base makes em pop enough for me.
i would agree if sole and back part wasn't so plain gives just enough character but not too much imo

Last edited:
Well there goes the free 2 day shipping code frenzy

Just got my stuff in from NDC and each has a free 2 day shipping ONE time use code

I'm just assuming that runfree type codes will disappear

still wish the inspirations had a grey sole, for some color contrast. too much black imo.    probably why I like the precisions so much...

still wish the inspirations had a grey sole, for some color contrast. too much black imo.    probably why I like the precisions so much...
precisions are dope. even with the inspirations I would have to cop the precisions with that purple and green flyknit 

At the gym with my Inspires right now.
People diggin the lace swap.
After all them Kobe 8's I love them loud shoes.
But this swap is pretty subtle.

I think most people are used to the brighter yellows Nike has been using on the recent years Kobes.

From pics, showtimes are closer to the canyon gold/maize nike used to use. They also added some orange to show some contrast. I've yet to see showtimes in person, but that's what I imagine I'll feel once I do.

Back
Top Bottom