THE OFFICIAL KOBE 9 THREAD ****** WHAT THE KOBE RELEASED ******** BHM RELEASE 1/19

Whats your favorite Kobe 9 Elite?

• Masterpiece

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • NRG Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NRG White

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Devotion (All-Star)

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Inspiration

• Perspective

• Detail

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Showtime

• Superhero

• Fundamentals

• Influence

• Legacy

• Victory

• Strategy

• Christmas

• What the Kobe

• BHM

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Here's some pretty good pics. Found them on eBay.

Any time I see the bottom of these I automatically start to hear squeaking. GODLY traction 
smokin.gif

SoCal, Ontario Mills Footlocker still has the Kung Fus in at least a sz 10.5 and smaller sizes. didn't ask. went to return the sz10.5 "perspective" and got treated by one of their dude/douche bag like I'm some kind of reseller. He even acted as if i can't return them without the $20 reward # that they need to void that was on the receipt.

Do they need that part to void the vip coupon. Was going to return laces I bought just to go over the 200.

im pretty positive they won't be twitter link only, the Triple Threat pack wasn't, the ShowTimes aren't as serious as those 3.

As far as best way to get it. At 7:58AM EST or 4:58AM PST, just enter   630847-500 into the search on nike.com. Keep refreshing, the page might be live before the 8am/5am drop. 
Cannot thank you enough !! Repped

SoCal, Ontario Mills Footlocker still has the Kung Fus in at least a sz 10.5 and smaller sizes. didn't ask. went to return the sz10.5 "perspective" and got treated by one of their dude/douche bag like I'm some kind of reseller. He even acted as if i can't return them without the $20 reward # that they need to void that was on the receipt.
I don't know why they act like that. They are supposed to be there for customer service. Returns happen in the retail industry. Plus it's not like the shoes won't sale or the money is coming out of their pockets.

Last edited:
Just got shipping confirmation on the  DSG  Perspectives from yesterday. Can't wait to get these in hand. Will be here Tues.

Last edited:
To me, I like my shoes to fit like a glove. The thing is, if you wear really thick socks a half size down might feel too tight. To my foot that's how it is. Some have said they stretch out but I'm not sure because I haven't worn them long enough. Even Nightwing2303 said there is dead space with his true size. He suggested either going a half size down or putting the LeBron XI insole if you go true to size to make that dead space go away. I went down a half size like most here.

Had to go down myself a 1/2 size myself. I have a narrow foot and TTS had xtra space. The elite socks made my TTS fit just fine, but still too much space when sizing down was money!

Funny you mention that. I was at my local HOH a while back trying to see what size fit me in the 9 elites. I asked the employee if he could get me an 8.5 and a 9 of the Perspectives and he said sure. Came back with only a 9 saying that there wasn't an 8.5 in them. I said that's fine, and put it on. It was a half size too big for me so I told him, and I quote, "It's a half size too big. Do you have an 8.5 in the Inspirations or the Details? It doesn't matter which colorway, I'm just trying to see which size fits me." Dude glared at me, took the 9s away, came back with an 8.5, and then after I was done with the shoes, snatched it out of my hand and put it away in the back. Didn't say a single word to me lol. Guess you can't even try on shoes in store nowadays. 
mean.gif

Do they need that part to void the vip coupon. Was going to return laces I bought just to go over the 200.
I don't think so, nothing in their return policy indicated as such. On the receipt it only says they "reserve the right to check the VIP platnium status", but nothing says they will void the rewards code. plus the only reason i am return it is because i found a sz11 pair that i need.

also the guy says they "need" the rewards code in order to void it, so in other words is that they cannot void your rewards code electronically under your VIP account. he even was douche enough to take the clearly brand new unworn shoe out and say "you didn't wear these right?"

I don't know why they act like that. They are supposed to be there for customer service. Returns happen in the retail industry. Plus it's not like the shoes won't sale or the money is coming out of their pockets.
exactly. I actually have to return my friend's pair too since he decide to go with the flyknit lows when they come out. I'm gonna return them closer in my area instead of driving 30min to Ontario.

Last edited:
I'm just hoping FTL lets me use my damn VIP reward on this. They've become really annoying with picking and choosing when to accept and not accept them.

Really? I used mine no problem for the Low's, and plan on using the $15 I got from that for the Elite's next week.

^Don't own an XDR, but I've seen XDR versions of the MPs, Inspirations, Perspectives, and Details. Someone posted about XDR MPs earlier in the thread. Kicks-Crew actually has some of them up for sale too.

Last edited:
Really? I used mine no problem for the Low's, and plan on using the $15 I got from that for the Elite's next week.

Some HOH or FTL are holier than thou when trying to use any type of discount on a release date shoe. It's literally been a crap shoot depending on who's working that day. Wasn't able to use any of my VIP coupons on any of the ASG pack. I mean literally one day later it's fine, but they just want to be hard ***** on the Saturday; it's just most of the time they only have one or two size 13s/14s and they're all gone on the 1st day. So have to bite the bullet and not save that $20.

Man... I need an Influence US release date.

People really have them up for around $600 already, trying to get that money fast in case they do release here.

Doubt they will stay overseas like the fireworks did.

Last edited:
if details were a GR they were not an easy cop for me. i know most got thru pretty easy, i had mine in my cart but couldn't check out.

anyone have a pair of XDR ELite? Seen a pair on the bay for a "reasonable" price...

Hmmmm, you're right. I see Inspirations and Perspective's on some shelves. But haven't seen the Detail's yet.
Best bet is in store, any online drop is a no go for me, never get lucky.

Some HOH or FTL are holier than thou when trying to use any type of discount on a release date shoe. It's literally been a crap shoot depending on who's working that day. Wasn't able to use any of my VIP coupons on any of the ASG pack. I mean literally one day later it's fine, but they just want to be hard ***** on the Saturday; it's just most of the time they only have one or two size 13s/14s and they're all gone on the 1st day. So have to bite the bullet and not save that $20.

Damn. Makes me happier my FTL is good about it lol.

if details were a GR they were not an easy cop for me. i know most got thru pretty easy, i had mine in my cart but couldn't check out.

anyone have a pair of XDR ELite? Seen a pair on the bay for a "reasonable" price...
I've got the XDR Detail - all the Elites released here in Taiwan are XDR.

Last edited:
All the lows are just afterthoughts cuz the elite version exists IMO.. Its obvious they spent more effort with 8 don't think the 9 low is bad or anything but irrelevant all the same when the best they could do would never touch some details sitting right beside em
GFT. Hopefully the flyknit lows will help the kobe 9 go out with a bang.

All the lows are just afterthoughts cuz the elite version exists IMO.. Its obvious they spent more effort with 8 don't think the 9 low is bad or anything but irrelevant all the same when the best they could do would never touch some details sitting right beside em
IMO, they're both dope in a different kind of way. The lows are a pair you'd throw on with sunglasses, a tank, and some shorts and hit the beach, boardwalk, etc on a spring/summer day and look nice. The Elites can be pulled off in a bit more of a dressy way. HELL, a nice leather jacket, some fitted jeans, and the details would work for a night out.

Back
Top Bottom