[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

Even though In my opinion I think Jay had the best verse, Nicki did nice.

Was she going at Lil Kim?

Originally Posted by rhester

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

NOT LISTENING TILL ALBUM DROPS

fml...
Monster is a single off Jay & Ye's Ep aka fancy mixtape, singles are the joints that get played on the radio that we are supposed to hear....
i NEVER listen to the radio, it would be literally impossible for me to hear this unless they play it in a club or something till the album drops

Even though In my opinion I think Jay had the best verse, Nicki did nice.

Was she going at Lil Kim?

Again Kanye gets killed on his own track. This sounded more like a Nicki track with everyone else featured. Hope the next tracks are better. Not hatin... Just my opinion.

Again Kanye gets killed on his own track. This sounded more like a Nicki track with everyone else featured. Hope the next tracks are better. Not hatin... Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by saviormoneyy

Nicki bodied jay and ye
frown.gif

Not really. She doesn't say anything half the time. Most of the time, people are fooled by her delivery.

Jay's medieval verse > *

Lies.

Yeah, she uses delivery to her advantage but she definitely went in. I don't know what you count as "saying anything" but she definitely was bragging her **+ off, which is what maybe 80% of rap is these days. If she said nothing, NO ONE said anything.
WRONG! Jay actually talks about what made him a "monster and Ye is talking about what growing into a monster and becoming better as a rapper/artist. So actually they were talking about something.  Nicki is just braggin her $%% off as you said or in other words "not saying much" or anything else we haven't heard from her before.

But then again I forgot this is NT where lyrical content and actually saying something clearly is not valued.

Now we're just finding reasons to count against Nikki. I'll admit the girl has a few missteps e.g. Massive Attack but to say she didn't do the damn thing on this song is straight hater status. The girl has talent. She knows all this stuff is a gimmick but she add another level of character to her appeal. She knows her role and has commented on it several times. The girl went in on this. Next you'll say, she didn't go in on "Bottoms Up" which is IMO, the best verse she's had since she came on the mainstream scene.

Wow you said her verse on Bottoms Up was good which started off good then turned into a whole bunch of noise and not saying anything.  I can't take anything else you say about her seriously.

Nicki's verse was ok but to say she "went in" is just nuts.  These are not reasons to count against Nicki its just that SHE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD!!

Illionare I agree with you that term term "went in" is so overused.

The only thing I agree with you right now is that you're the "Co-Sign" king right now.
eyes.gif

I think she has talent. And thats it. No other female can exert that level of creativity AND personality on a track right now. It may not be the poetic tickling your ears wanted to hear this evening, but it STILL is a great song with GREAT features all around. I appreciate Nikki. Shes different, she knows her role, and gets to work on tracks. If you can't appreciate the entertainment value that music is meant to provide sometimes, don't talk to me. It doesn't matter that shes the only female doing things right now...its that shes GOOD at what she does. Like I said, she's had her missteps but for dudes to be completely counting this broad out is just ridiculous.
I guess I missed the memo sent out that its not cool to co-sign another intelligent point.

Ehhhh if you can't discern between good and bad music/talent which you clearly can't then don't post anymore.  Just because Nicki Minaj is force-fed down everyone throats as the only female spitting mainstream right now doesn't mean that she is good. You are right that she is good at what she does... which is not being good.
happy.gif

What you need to realize is good/bad music is subjective. I LIKE her verse. I liked it before I came on this topic, and I liked it after I read everything ya'll have had to say. She has talent. Whether that be appealing to the commericial masses or spitting complex metaphors and grammatical gymnastics, shes good at what she does. 

Nicki bodied jay and ye
frown.gif

Not really. She doesn't say anything half the time. Most of the time, people are fooled by her delivery.

Jay's medieval verse > *

Lies.

Yeah, she uses delivery to her advantage but she definitely went in. I don't know what you count as "saying anything" but she definitely was bragging her **+ off, which is what maybe 80% of rap is these days. If she said nothing, NO ONE said anything.
WRONG! Jay actually talks about what made him a "monster and Ye is talking about what growing into a monster and becoming better as a rapper/artist. So actually they were talking about something.  Nicki is just braggin her $%% off as you said or in other words "not saying much" or anything else we haven't heard from her before.

But then again I forgot this is NT where lyrical content and actually saying something clearly is not valued.

Now we're just finding reasons to count against Nikki. I'll admit the girl has a few missteps e.g. Massive Attack but to say she didn't do the damn thing on this song is straight hater status. The girl has talent. She knows all this stuff is a gimmick but she add another level of character to her appeal. She knows her role and has commented on it several times. The girl went in on this. Next you'll say, she didn't go in on "Bottoms Up" which is IMO, the best verse she's had since she came on the mainstream scene.

Wow you said her verse on Bottoms Up was good which started off good then turned into a whole bunch of noise and not saying anything.  I can't take anything else you say about her seriously.

Nicki's verse was ok but to say she "went in" is just nuts.  These are not reasons to count against Nicki its just that SHE IS JUST NOT THAT GOOD!!

The only thing I agree with you right now is that you're the "Co-Sign" king right now.
eyes.gif

I think she has talent. And thats it. No other female can exert that level of creativity AND personality on a track right now. It may not be the poetic tickling your ears wanted to hear this evening, but it STILL is a great song with GREAT features all around. I appreciate Nikki. Shes different, she knows her role, and gets to work on tracks. If you can't appreciate the entertainment value that music is meant to provide sometimes, don't talk to me. It doesn't matter that shes the only female doing things right now...its that shes GOOD at what she does. Like I said, she's had her missteps but for dudes to be completely counting this broad out is just ridiculous.
I guess I missed the memo sent out that its not cool to co-sign another intelligent point.

Ehhhh if you can't discern between good and bad music/talent which you clearly can't then don't post anymore.  Just because Nicki Minaj is force-fed down everyone throats as the only female spitting mainstream right now doesn't mean that she is good. You are right that she is good at what she does... which is not being good.
happy.gif

What you need to realize is good/bad music is subjective. I LIKE her verse. I liked it before I came on this topic, and I liked it after I read everything ya'll have had to say. She has talent. Whether that be appealing to the commericial masses or spitting complex metaphors and grammatical gymnastics, shes good at what she does. 

Check out these lyrics here, Nicki bodied that Bottoms Up verse

Yo, could I get that Dro?
Could I get that Remmy?
Could I get that Coke?
Could I get that Henny?
Could I get that margarita on the rock rock rock rocks?
eek.gif

Could I get salt all around that rim rim rim rim?
eek.gif

Trey, I was like "Yo Trey"
Do you think you could buy me a bottle of Rose'?
eek.gif

Okay, lets get it now
I'm wit a bad !%%%$ he's with his friends
I don't say "Hi", I say "keys to the Benz"
Keys to the Benz? Keys to the Benz!
eek.gif

Muh****in right yeah, B to the 10
If a !%%%$ try to get cute Imma stuff her
Throw a lotta money at her then yell %#$+ her
%#$+ her %#$+ her then yell %#$+ her
Then Imma go and get my Louisville Slugger
Excuse me, I'm sorry, I'm really such a lady
I rep Young Money
You know Slim, Baby?
And we be doin' donuts while we wavin' the .380
We give a lotta money to the babies out in Haiti
Yellin all around the world,
eek.gif

Do you hear me? Do you like my body?
eek.gif

Anna Nicki
pimp.gif

Rest in peace to Anna Nicole Smith
Yes, my dear, you're so explosive
Say hi to Mary Mary and Joseph
Now bottoms up and double my dosage

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

Could I get that Remmy?
Could I get that Coke?
Could I get that Henny?
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Okay, lets get it now
eek.gif

I rep Young Money
You know Slim, Baby?
eek.gif

eek.gif

Anna Nicki
pimp.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

eyes.gif

Didn't think that was the best Nicki verse (Bottom's Up) it's actually more of that annoying Nicki... Getting off topic...
Isn't this supposed to be on Kanye's album not the Jay/Kanye mixtape? The title Monster was on that leaked track list

Nicki bodied jay and ye
frown.gif

Jay's medieval verse > *

Lies.

eyes.gif

happy.gif

Like I said she is good at not being good. Her verse is nothing special some of you guys really don't listen to music and just fall for gimmicks and in this case are gassed over her delivery.

eyes.gif

Didn't think that was the best Nicki verse (Bottom's Up) it's actually more of that annoying Nicki... Getting off topic...
Isn't this supposed to be on Kanye's album not the Jay/Kanye mixtape? The title Monster was on that leaked track list

Nicki bodied jay and ye
frown.gif

Jay's medieval verse > *

Lies.

eyes.gif

happy.gif

Like I said she is good at not being good. Her verse is nothing special some of you guys really don't listen to music and just fall for gimmicks and in this case are gassed over her delivery.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Could I get that Remmy?
Could I get that Coke?
Could I get that Henny?
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Okay, lets get it now
eek.gif

I rep Young Money
You know Slim, Baby?
eek.gif

eek.gif

Anna Nicki
pimp.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

[Nicki M]
Pull up in the monster, automobile gangster
Wit’ a bad %+#+% that came from Sri Lanka
Yeah, I’m in that Tonka, color of Willy Wonka
You could be the king, but watch the queen conquer
First things first, I eat your brains
And then I’ma start rockin’ gold teeth and fangs
‘Cause that’s what a $+**@%$!!+%%’ monster do
Hairdresser from Milan, that’s the monster ‘do
Monster Giuseppe heel, that’s the monster shoe
Young Money is the roster and a monster crew
And I’m all up all up all up in the bank with the funny face
And if I’m fake, I ain’t noticed, ’cause my money ain’t
So let me get this straight: Wait, I’m the rookie?
But my features and my shows ten times your pay?
50K for a verse, no album out?
Yeah, my money’s so tall that my Barbies gotta climb it
Hotter than the Middle Eastern climate, violent
Twenty mataran, dutty wine it, wine it
Nicki on the pit is on a sign it
Yo, these $$%!*@ so one-track-minded
But really, really, I don’t ever f-u-c-k
Forget Barbie, yeah, @%@+ Nicki, she-she’s cake
She on a diet but my pockets eatin’ cheesecake
And I’ll say, “Boy, the Chucky is child’s play

Damn, atleast delete some of the earlier replies when you quote hella people...

Pyramids FTL

Damn, atleast delete some of the earlier replies when you quote hella people...

Pyramids FTL

Originally Posted by cguy610

Could I get that Remmy?
Could I get that Coke?
Could I get that Henny?
eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Okay, lets get it now
eek.gif

I rep Young Money
You know Slim, Baby?
eek.gif

eek.gif

Anna Nicki
pimp.gif

roll.gif

indifferent.gif

[Nicki M]

[Nicki M]

[Nicki M]

Back
Top Bottom