[[....<> The Official Kanye Omari West Thread <>....]] vol. GOOD Music album.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't see why ya complaining about it being "to rushed" or "to many features"....%@*$@ making no sense to me.

The album in NO way seems rushed and I feel every song (Besides Monster) fits what he's been through in the last year perfectly.

legitimate???
i don't know what the @+#$ you dudes were expecting, but if you look at the evolution of Ye, this definitely is fitting as the next step...way too many dudes is on here lookin backwards

Originally Posted by MindOfCritic

If it's evolution why is the music getting worse?

why don't you ask all the REAL critics who've been giving it amazing reviews...
albums pretty @$!!!@ good to me...

i'm not to happy about all the joints i've heard months ago, but it doesn't take away from the fact that those songs were good

Oh, you mean the critics who get paid for politically correct reviews? Those guys? I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Def Jam wrote those reviews and sent them out with the bribe checks.

Originally Posted by joeykadesh

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

Isn't Taylor Swift classified as Country? If I'm not mistaken Country is the biggest selling genre of all time.

Wait what? Since when was country the biggest selling genre of all time? In the U.S. or worldwide? Only time I've seen where Country was dominating the charts was during the late 50's-60's. Country over Rock or even Pop?? If I'm not mistaken,Country is NOT one of the most popular genres out now that's why I find Taylor Swift's numbers so impressive. She's singing an unpopular genre yet selling more than anyone. I guess she could be considered more "pop" than country.

Her songs all sound the same to me though.
grin.gif
another misinformed soul
Then inform me all knowledgeable soul
grin.gif

Does Kanye define his music as rap?
MindOfCritic wrote:
Oh, you mean the critics who get paid for politically correct reviews? Those guys? I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Def Jam wrote those reviews and sent them out with the bribe checks.

If everybody is bribable, why does a bad review exist then?  You think Slate Magazine is getting checks?

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Does Kanye define his music as rap?
MindOfCritic wrote:

I have never heard of Slate. That's probably why they aren't being bribed but something has to explain all of these super high reviews for an album that isn't even close to touching his best work. Has he ever gotten critical acclaim like THIS before?

(I posted the Slate review a few pages back)

^You're right that the hype is out-of-control. NO doubt about it.

I just don't agree that the album is as bad you make it seem.  Btw, you barely focus on the music in the "review". (Disregard this if you are doing so in a later post)

Didn't LR receive INCREDIBLE acclaim and universal praise? I swear it did.

I don't know what to make of your stance on the politics behind the music. We'll have to wait and see on that one.

music is a billon-dollar industry
and you're gonna sit here and tell me that out of all these company Ye is the only person who can bribe people for good reviews???

he's not even the richest or most respected rapper, but he has the money to bribe all these people???

this is probably the best reviewed album in the past decade, but none of these labels in the past 10 years could shell out the money to get their artist good reviews???

dudes always swear there's some type of conspiracy when it comes to this %$**

Ye made a dope #@+ album...period

I wonder which NT Music forum regular is behind this account...
Some of the posts are good though. Why are they rapping so damn fast?
laugh.gif

Reading "The Aftermath Umbrella" right now

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

this is probably the best reviewed album in the past decade, but none of these labels in the past 10 years could shell out the money to get their artist good reviews???

I said Def Jam bribed them but just from that sentence right there you don't see anything wrong with it? This is the best album of the past decade? There HAS to be something else going on. Maybe they're all sniffing the same coke from Cudi's connect. 
laugh.gif

I have never heard of Slate. That's probably why they aren't being bribed but something has to explain all of these super high reviews for an album that isn't even close to touching his best work. Has he ever gotten critical acclaim like THIS before?

Like others have mentioned, and if it's not clear by now, the CD/LR 'Ye is gone.

'Ye himself kind of alluded to this when asked if he would bring back the Dropout bear.

Therefore, this album may not be what early fans expect(ed) from him.

As far as the praise, this album has that "Graduation" stadium-music feel to it 10-fold.

It's an experience. I can only imagine seeing this performed live a-la "The Glow in the Dark Tour," which was amazing.

Is all the praise warranted? Perhaps not.

Rap fans DO overly laud work that just doesn't deserve it.

I agree with bijald, LR received incredible acclaim when it dropped back ("Gold Digger" was a HUGE record).

While musically incredible, I feel that something is missing. Maybe it's the lack of content. (I.e. a lot of encounters with the devil).

Kanye has never received THIS much acclaim before, but after last year's VMA and it's aftermath, he's also never had this much attention.

A lot of people in this thread are taking this #!$# way too seriously...

Anyways. Blame Game is one of my fav Ye songs in a long time
pimp.gif

I guess I'm pretty much alone here.  I don't like the album.  Late Registration is one of my favorite albums ever; College Dropout is up there too, so it's not that I'm not a Kanye fan.  I even had a lot of love for 808's and Graduation.  This is his worst work in my opinion.  I can't even sit through some of these songs.  Since I paid $10 for this, I'm trying to force myself to feel at least a couple songs other than Power, All of the Lights, and Runaway, but I feel like I got ripped off.  Most songs sound like fillers or low-budget throwaways from previous albums; the hooks are awful; besides Jay-Z the guest appearances make me cringe and make my ears bleed (Swizz and Fergie, really?); why are you gonna sample the same song that "Iran" sampled from SNL and waste a John Legend collab on that; why did you leave "Mama's Boyfriend" off when the live performances got millions of youtube views; why are you still using autotune when 808's already did that to death; where is the personal, thoughtful, introspective material...and I can go on.  I give it 1/5 stars.

All I gotta say is bring back Jon Brion.

And the people bringing up Taylor Swift, how are you seriously going to say "I don't know how she did 1 mil in the first week" when:
(1) Her first album went 5x platinum
(2) Her first album had 5 platinum singles, a few of which made the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.
(3) Her second album was #1 on the Billboards for 11 non-consecutive weeks.
(4) Her second album went 6x platinum, selling 600K in the first week, and was the best selling album of the year.
(5) Her second album had a ton of singles make the top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100, one hit #2.
(6) Her second album won four Grammy's including Album of the Year
-see Wikipedia.

Check Norah Jones too--after her album won Album of the Year, her next one sold a million in the first week.  That award alone has that much power in the industry.  So if you're going to sit here and be aghast about Taylor Swift doing 1 million, I really don't know what to tell you.  Most people who follow the industry would have said 800K minimum.

I completely agree with MindOfCritic. I do enjoy this album but its no where near as good as what people are making it out to be. once the die-hard Kanye fans see that the album is getting perfect reviews all over the place they'll defend it no matter what.

last week I was questioning Rolling Stone's perfect rating for this album on twitter. some chick replied and said she thinks that its definitely worthy of a 5 star rating. then I asked her if she thinks this album is better than Late Registration (which also received a perfect rating from Rolling Stone), and she said no and that LR was on a different level and will always be her favorite Ye album. all that said to me is that some of these Ye stans cant even think for themselves and would rather agree with positive review they see......

*Kanye shrug*

Youre not going to have an album that everybody likes. I think Thriller is overrated the majority thinks its the best thing since sliced bread. So I could careless what a review positive or bad thinks. I think this is Kanye's best album since CD. Musically one of the best if not the best in rap ever. You might think different who cares?

Everybody is a critic by the way

I think all of you guys are looking into this way to much. Its a dope cd. Thats it. Just sit back and enjoy the music.

Back
Top Bottom