The Official Jordan XXXI Thread

The midsole screams Team Jordan all day...very disappointed to say the least...very dope marketing, wack execution smh! The Sig line is dead!

BOOM! lol
CnchLrXUkAEMVkn.jpg

Joints are garbo. 30 > these.

If they insisted on double*** branding I would've preferred one on the heel instead. Undecided about these.

Last edited:
That weave is disappointing. I had high hopes when they announced these as Jordan 1s but with Flyknit, but it looks like the same junk they used on the Chuck Taylor 2s.

i feel exactly the same way about these as i do about the new ghostbusters movie.

Trash. 

Guess this cash cow is getting close to it's last few drops of milk. 

I liked the XX8,XX9 and XXX off jump. I appreciated the push for innovation despite the masses eating up the regurgitated retros with minimal revisions yet maximum profit. If Jordan was playing still these models would be hailed as classics.

People are almost always nostalgic after a few years of the initial release, yet forget how the shoes did initially. That's applicable to the early models, and you see the same psychology applied to people's response when some of the Retro + models are spoke of. To my dude saying casual appeal was taken into account to a higher degree with the older models (1-14) i disagree. While it was taken into account, I think the functionality was equally considered if not more.The reason you see 1-14 get the hoo-rah is because people were able to identify with Mike rocking them and nostalgia kicked in. Prime example, Laney 14 lows sat on heavy discount when they first came out. There's plenty of examples outside of that.

The 31's are just a nu-retro/fusion with the state of the art tech infused. Point blank.

when i looked at the pics on my phone screen i was un-impressed, then i looked at the pics on my big laptop screen and my decision changed. i love flyknit and these look pretty sweet. i'm in.

Last edited:
Yay, these look terrible for performance. Look like straight up team jordans. Will be the first signature line I have not bought since 2012.

I'll reserve final opinion for when I have them in hand, but I kind of like what I'm seeing so far.

They could've used a small Wings logo like the 1 instead.
mean.gif

Why do they always have to put a huge Jumpman.
Well to be fair, were only seeing half the shoe. I believe someone, a couple pages back, stated these would have a wings logo on the upper medial side. We'll have to maybe wait until full release or more leaked pics to find out.

No disrespect to Hallywoodxo.But your crazy for thinking 1-14 weren't the best looking basketball shoes ever.Did they sell out on the first day of release no.Your getting hype confused with facts.Hype consumes this generation.Why is that.Because of how 1-14 made history from the looks perspective.It was a perfect explosion.Mike became the best player ever.The combination of his ideas with Tinker did that.It was definitely about looks as well as history.1-14 can't be touched by any other shoes from a casual stand point.Why you think rappers and celebrities where wearing them back then.It was because Michael was making history.But the shoes where fire off the court as well.Tell me any other type of tennis shoes,or basketball shoes that look as good 1-14 off the court.Those shoes influenced almost everything in the fashion world from day 1.If Mike had ugly shoes from back then.They wouldn't be as popular.The XXX1 is trash.Take off the Jumpman.Give me some type of red leather Swoosh on both sides.Not that faded crap.Change the toe box into some type of design.Add some leather layering in the back to resemble the 1.Then change the bottom sole a little.Then i might think about buying them.Looks like i won't be getting these.There getting real lazy at Nike/JB from a design perspective.For casual wear,these look horrendous.They probably feel good on court though.Just like 29- to now.Nobody is going to wear these with a fit thinking there doing it.Thats what most people don't understand.1-14 changed everything in fashion.In a sense of how they look in the streets.Its reason why kids would be eyeing your j,s in class all day.Until they could get them.From using red and black on 1,s.To seeing the clear sole bottoms for the first time.Those shoes made history off the court just as much as MJ did on the court.Nobody has been looking at any of the new sig models thinking.I can't wait to wear those with some jeans.There not even trying anymore.These should be team Jordan's.September 3 is what i need.

Back
Top Bottom