**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I've only really lurked because I'm mostly just interested in watches but as I remember it, early on LAX was small time trying to make it reselling Rolexes for cheap and was or claimed to be extremely knowledgeable on them but not much else at the time.  I think he tried to get in and Ben Baller would make jokes about him non-stop, didn't respect him (shocker).  He started making ****** pieces, that Rocafella knockoff and little bears after he'd gotten certified or whatever in diamond setting/jewelry testing or making (like I said, I don't know all that much).

People would clown him all the time but it at least seemed like he was working really hard and trying to make it, I believe he gave a Breitling to a celebrity to help get his name out and get cred, would sell gold items for dirt cheap and did whatever he could to build a base.  Once again, it seemed like he cut out a lot of the overhead and was selling stuff for cheap and actually started to do much better work and was getting co-signed.  A lot of people were saying they had worked with him, he could be a pain in the *** and bad at responding, would take his time but most ultimately seemed happy with his work and prices.  Now this happens.

Oddly enough, a friend was looking for a watch and I got Lax's info to him.  I know he ended up getting something different locally (in NY) and I'm thankful he did because I would've felt guilty as hell if it turned out to be fake since I was like, I know of someone who sells a lot of watches for cheap and a lot of people use him.  I texted him a little while ago to ask and he didn't remember much about it, said he thought his prices seemed good but he saw exactly what he wanted here and went that route.

That's pretty spot on. The guy getting the free watch was DJ skee.

Ben and lax prolly went through a dozen screen names during the early 2000s.

:pimp:

Whats up gentlemen, I'm new to the forum and am looking at purchasing a cuban from Daniel's in the next week or 2. I'm looking at either the 6mm in 14k or the 7mm in 10k (both 30 inches long). My budget is roughly $3,000. The 10k 7mm is $2700 compared to the 6mm in 14k for $3100. The 7mm in 14k jumps to $4200 which is out of my budget so it's not an option. Anyone have a 10K chain from Daniels? Most the videos they have on their site and on Youtube display 10k chains (you can see the stamp on them in the vids) and they have very nice color and look super clean. Just wondering people's thoughts/opinions/advice is on getting a bigger chain in 10k vs. a smaller chain in 14k.

Any input is much appreciated. Peace.

Jay

Whats up gentlemen, I'm new to the forum and am looking at purchasing a cuban from Daniel's in the next week or 2. I'm looking at either the 6mm in 14k or the 7mm in 10k (both 30 inches long). My budget is roughly $3,000. The 10k 7mm is $2700 compared to the 6mm in 14k for $3100. The 7mm in 14k jumps to $4200 which is out of my budget so it's not an option. Anyone have a 10K chain from Daniels? Most the videos they have on their site and on Youtube display 10k chains (you can see the stamp on them in the vids) and they have very nice color and look super clean. Just wondering people's thoughts/opinions/advice is on getting a bigger chain in 10k vs. a smaller chain in 14k.

Jay
Here's a 7mm 10kt bracelet i got from Daniels awhile back.

I'd keep saving up to get the 14k in 7mm if thats what you really want
I appreciate the feedback. I've set my budget at $3,000. I'm not interested in spending over $4,000 on a chain. I just want something nice that I can wear once in a while. Nothing crazy.

I don't want one more than the other really, I chose these 2 because they are both within the budget and wanted to get some opinions on whether to go with a bigger 10k chain (also slightly cheaper) over a smaller 14k chain. Both look very nice and appear to be very high quality.

Thanks again.

Jay

:rofl: 50 commented on his Instagram a while ago and told him this picture was a bad idea, I wonder what made him think it was okay to get on stage with 50

Jay
I would go with the 6mm in 14k.

10k wasn't even considered real gold until the recession hit and jewelers needed a way to make stuff cheaper.

I would personally feel better with the 14k 6mm versus the 7mm 10k on my neck

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom