**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

remember gold is naturally yellow. to mask da golden hue takes couple more steps in da formulation of da alloys.

plus its got to be rhodium dipped or it'll eventually fade into a faint yellow.

Does this mean that other jewelers who charge the same price throughout, are losing a little on the labor?

if its a lil outfit probably, if its a mass production place im sure they aint sweating it.

Most don't care just to keep things simple and uniform.

^That's what i was thinking.

I think it matters if you're buying a heavyweight chain. On a 10mm 14k, the price for yellow is like 9, but when asked for white gold, its almost another stack added on.

Repost of one of my white setups.

Might have another full size coming..

PS: does anyone know if I can still get my old account back even though I registered again under the same username?

DanielJewelryInc finished product of wax mold I posted back

504b702a6a2b11e290d522000a1fb852_7.jpg
Damn that's clean

Repost of one of my white setups.

Might have another full size coming..

PS: does anyone know if I can still get my old account back even though I registered again under the same username?

PM Method Man for the account issue, that's what I did. As far as custom pendants at Daniel, I would stick with LAX for that. Did you get that Yachtmaster from LAX? I traded one just like that to him years ago.

PM Method Man for the account issue, that's what I did. As far as custom pendants at Daniel, I would stick with LAX for that. Did you get that Yachtmaster from LAX? I traded one just like that to him years ago.
Thanks for the info. This YM did not come from LAX. lol whenever i ask him for a rollie, he keeps trying to push me a presi.

This is my "medium" setup. Still need to cop two 5mm cubans to hang em on.

son, yellow gold been popping for centuries... im mad you even called it a trend smh lol

Son, yellow gold hasn't been as popular as it is now! And you know that!
**** that black gold way was strong but everyone jumped off it. And left it alone to get on yellow.
Now when I say everyone I mean the hip hop scene.

son, yellow gold been popping for centuries... im mad you even called it a trend smh lol

**** that black gold way was strong but everyone jumped off it. And left it alone to get on yellow.

Come on you are talking to a guy who still thinks jerseys are what's hot in da streets.

Just caught up on this thread as I'm not on NT during weekends. I was surprised to see the thread grow so much! Good stuff guys! :pimp:

Debating on my next pick up. I'm thinking about a 24 inch 3mm 14K yellow gold bead chain for my LAX angel. I'm not sure how I feel about my 24 inch 6mm 10K yellow gold miami cuban with the LAX angel. It looks OKAY but I think I'd rather rock the cuban by itself and the angel on a bead chain.

If I don't get the bead chain I might look into a bracelet from Daniels. I think I would want it slightly bigger than my 6mm necklace. Possibly 7 or 8 mm. I have pretty small wrists though so I'm not sure. I may even go smaller with like a 4-5 mm. And I'm making a pact that all the jewelry I buy from here on out will have to be at least 14K.

And then part of me wants to trade in my cuban now (it's 47.1 g) and pay the difference to get the same specs (give or take a mm) in 14K. This seems silly but my cuban is pretty much perfect right now and I can see myself having it for the rest of my life. The only thing that irks me is the shop only had it in 10K when I bought it and I wasn't as knowledgeable then as I am now.

Thoughts?

If it were me and I had a 10k chain that I liked the size and weight of, I couldn't see myself going to trade it in for the same thing in 14k. Granted 10k is percentage wise more alloy than gold, it's still recognized as gold and it's hard to tell the difference between the two. Not to mention the hit you'll take selling and buying at a premium.. If you like the chain, just keep it. Just my opinion

Come on you are talking to a guy who still thinks jerseys are what's hot in da streets.
Tyga-Wearing-Reebok-Shaq-Attaq-2013.jpg

anything more you wanna be wrong about b?
wink.gif

anything more you wanna be wrong about b? :wink:

Didn't say you are right/wrong. But you were calling its comeback since 2006. A broken clock is right two times a day.

wink.gif
Didn't say you are right/wrong. But you were calling its comeback since 2006. A broken clock is right two times a day.
da black album (where jay-z killed da jersey era) came out in 2003, jerseys for SPORTS FANS never went anywhere, in fact those years of da crash were some

of da best times to get dirt cheap deals, but people been yelling for jerseys to come back for years, they been back a few years now and you implied that they

weren't, so you were wrong.

I see what your saying but it will NEVER be back to the way it was during that first Fab era... ****** were in school 5 days a week with Jerseys.... All-Star games every single day

anything more you wanna be wrong about b? :wink:

da black album (where jay-z killed da jersey era) came out in 2003, jerseys for SPORTS FANS never went anywhere, in fact those years of da crash were some

of da best times to get dirt cheap deals, but people been yelling for jerseys to come back for years, they been back a few years now and you implied that they

No I was implying that you have a tendency to hold on to past trends, and act as if they didnt fade.

I see what your saying but it will NEVER be back to the way it was during that first Fab era... ****** were in school 5 days a week with Jerseys.... All-Star games every single day
you can't really say that either because that "fab era" jersey era was in fact da 3RD incarnation of da jersey era.

in da early 90's da jerseys of choice were da hockey jerseys....then da mid 90's saw da rise of champion replica jerseys..then da "fab" era was da rise of authentics and mitchell & ness

wink.gif

No I was implying that you have a tendency to hold on to past trends, and act as if they didnt fade.
even when people were doing da white gold and da platinum there were STILL people who were hold outs and stuck wit original yellow gold in da teeth of da 2000s

when young buck proclaimed "c'mon man you know gold is getting old"

kanye came on da scene with his gold roc chain and never wore white, ghostface stayed with da yellow even when most of his klansmen went white, kayslay was rocking da

huge yellow crown piece on da hefty cuban during da street sweepers era which was in da mid 2000's, even nas went back to rocking yellow gold for da god son album cycle.

and for da common man and woman, gold was still very much good money out on these streets.

Thanks for the info. This YM did not come from LAX. lol whenever i ask him for a rollie, he keeps trying to push me a presi.

This is my "medium" setup. Still need to cop two 5mm cubans to hang em on.
you have some great pieces..

how many jesus's do you won if you dont mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom