**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

Do you guys like Indian jewelry? Do you guys like 22kt?

FB419820-8FFF-44A7-BF4E-65DFDB426C60.gif

white gold is generally dipped in rhodium and if you polish it enough over years the slight yellow will begin to show.

yellow gold at times is dipped in 18k gold even if its 14... if was requested or if the buyer wanted a deeper yellow.

no matter what if you wear your jewelry daily its going to scratch bad... just polish and re-dip... I do mine quarterly but again I wear my stuff all the time... I have a 15ct diamond ring I literally never take off... the diamond has to be polished and cleaned every so often... once done it looks like the day I bought it... I am very anal... Polish and re-dip is the way to go.

white gold is generally dipped in rhodium and if you polish it enough over years the slight yellow will begin to show.

yellow gold at times is dipped in 18k gold even if its 14... if was requested or if the buyer wanted a deeper yellow.

no matter what if you wear your jewelry daily its going to scratch bad... just polish and re-dip... I do mine quarterly but again I wear my stuff all the time... I have a 15ct diamond ring I literally never take off... the diamond has to be polished and cleaned every so often... once done it looks like the day I bought it... I am very anal... Polish and re-dip is the way to go.
Thanks for this info. Im prob gonna cop a 22kt chain on Fri. I’ll post pics so y’all can see and let me know what I think.

and I know people will say you lose gold by polishing... its microns of gold... by the time it matters you would have traded the jewelry or you will have it repaired. When the ring scratches you lose gold... you will always lose microns of gold... this is why royal jewelry gets re-casted… whey heirlooms at some point get re-casted or require repair... malleable metal at some point will change form after many years... just repair it.

Is this fixable?

Had the bracelet for like 4-5 years now and on side of links is like a purplish hue

Attachments

• 05347C72-8B8B-4B9A-B0EF-65F9D5F9B1E6.jpeg
    05347C72-8B8B-4B9A-B0EF-65F9D5F9B1E6.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 93
U tried using a tooth brush n soap to clean it? And is that a crack on there to?

ill give that a try and i dont think so? a bunch of the links have like a line at the top, its only noticeable when i like fold the links like in the picture

I have a family member visiting Miami, do these spots always mentioned here have ready made stuff in store? Like the Cuban rings? if they do I could just tell fam to get me one while they are there

I have a family member visiting Miami, do these spots always mentioned here have ready made stuff in store? Like the Cuban rings? if they do I could just tell fam to get me one while they are there

A lot of spots are made to order, unless they go to a pawn shop.

I’ve asked Rey’s. And Norma said that they were so busy at the moment they weren’t doing rings cause if their upcoming trip.

Back
Top Bottom