**..:The Official Jewelry Thread Vol. 11: You get a Jesus piece! You get a Jesus piece! Everybody gets a Jesus piece:..**

I have always heard different. If you plan on wearing a pendant that is heavier then the chain for 10, 20, 30 years than over time it will stretch or deform. Unless it's a really thick chain. 

Ya franco's and ball chains and even box chains will look more like a U then a V. Unless it's really short. 
even if you don't wear a pendant, the chain will stretch on its own. but solid chains in the sizes that niketalk likes are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.

check the article out tho it actually quantifies that by testing rope, herringbone, and stampato chains of varying widths.

even if you don't wear a pendant, the chain will stretch on its own. but solid chains in the sizes that niketalk likes are a lot stronger than people give them credit for.

check the article out tho it actually quantifies that by testing rope, herringbone, and stampato chains of varying widths.
Good read. Hanging weight off a chain one time is a bit different though then having something on long term while moving around. Anyway if you're gonna wear a pendant heavier then the chain i would suggest a miami cuban since they are one of the strongest chains. 

Good read. Hanging weight off a chain one time is a bit different though then having something on long term while moving around. Anyway if you're gonna wear a pendant heavier then the chain i would suggest a miami cuban since they are one of the strongest chains. 
this is just one way chain strength is evaluated, yes. another is fatigue strength which is closer to what you're asking about. this info is generally not important to consumers so it's hard to come by.

this is just one way chain strength is evaluated, yes. another is fatigue strength which is closer to what you're asking about. this info is generally not important to consumers so it's hard to come by.
Like this is just 
mean.gif

Anybody ever use the website VibrantJewelry?

Theyve got every middle of the mall pendant design in 10k for $27/gram

I thoight sarraf and jewelry circle were the cheapest online middle of the mall retailers. This place only has 10k but it just makes me curious if there are other big sellers im missing
I know those pieces they sell and they are forsure real gold but i don't know if they are trust worthy.

Anybody ever use the website VibrantJewelry?

Theyve got every middle of the mall pendant design in 10k for $27/gram

I thoight sarraf and jewelry circle were the cheapest online middle of the mall retailers. This place only has 10k but it just makes me curious if there are other big sellers im missing
a sight called luxechains has been around for years now.  looks like they want around 50 a gram for 14k tho.  they have lots of different style chains plus they offer them in palladium or platinum if you want.  both are really expensive though.

Wow thats whats up. I was wondering why you were bragging about the upgrade ha cause i thought it meant you under-ordered last name and had to eat the sunk cost

Did you say "i want a 150 gram 8 inch bracelet (or whatever) then he consults his chart and says "ok thats 14.2mm (or whatever)"??

I always wonder why they file the links down in The first place, does it serve a funxtional purpose
Nah, I bought it with the intent on upgrading it after a couple of years.  I got mine from Rey specifically because he committed to giving me  full value back on the upgrade.  

I doubt very seriously if my old braceelt is going to be melted down because its in perfect condition.  

Initially I was going to upgrade to 13mm ID bracelet but the difference in price between 13mm ID bracelet and the 15.8mm wasnt that much.  

Back
Top Bottom