The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

But then if they made a new mold y'all would complain that it's not like the original .

Da hell you talking about.

Everybody that been buy sneaker for a while, know you gotta except some minor concessions.

Hardly anyone complained when the Foam Ones where missing the side cuts, or the penny 4 being lower cut, or the 6s not have 3m. But when they do serious crap like throw a completely different sole on a shoe, or use vactech, or hyperfuse, of miss over 5 details on a shoe then people have every right to complain.

So what should we do, just shut up and buy :rolleyes

Look at the quality retro other companies are coming out with now. Nike got no excuse, and the problem is that we didn't complain enough 10-12 years ago when they started this nonsense.

Last edited:
:smh: .... Can't beleive people are actually buying these... These were one of my grails and I refuse... And I'm by far the complaining type.. Guess nike wins again

I guess I'm just one of those I just buy it for what it is. I wouldn't say shut up and buy. You do have a right to complain. But as we know, you're average person isn't going to know the details of the shoe. Does that make them less of a sneaker head? No. Does that make them fools for just liking a shoe because of the color way. I never had the originals. I was 13 when they dropped. I was thinking more about my first look at cleavage let alone some kicks. But I like the look of the H20s so ima cop. I also want the carbon fibers but ima mess those up as they will be my work sneaker. My point is, your trash my treasure.

You will still buy because y'all want the shoe, there isn't many DS OG pairs out and you will get the release day fever and cop. So this is comical to me.

I guess I'm just one of those I just buy it for what it is. I wouldn't say shut up and buy. You do have a right to complain. But as we know, you're average person isn't going to know the details of the shoe. Does that make them less of a sneaker head? No. Does that make them fools for just liking a shoe because of the color way. I never had the originals. I was 13 when they dropped. I was thinking more about my first look at cleavage let alone some kicks. But I like the look of the H20s so ima cop. I also want the carbon fibers but ima mess those up as they will be my work sneaker. My point is, your trash my treasure.

You will still buy because y'all want the shoe, there isn't many DS OG pairs out and you will get the release day fever and cop. So this is comical to me.

No I won't.

Their are tons of people that pass of shoes because they don't wanna waste money on a product, in their opinion is subpar. It is comical to me some people act everyone who complains on NT, buy the shoe anyway.

Your money, your choice. My money, my choice.

Last edited:
Don't they have blue prints or something for the molds? I mean they didn't just throw one together randomly. "We lost the mold" is a ******* lie

I always said if I could get the CF FP1s I'd retire. But wit these "fakes" looks like I won't lol. And I'm far from the type to complain about changes

It doesn't make the average person less of a sneakerhead, BUT it is on them as a consumer to be intelligent about their money. I don't fault anyone for not knowing details of the original after a certain age. If you weren't aware the first time around, that's fine, you can't help the time you were born in. But some of those people pretend to know what they're talking about when it comes to the original. Anyone that's a fan of shoes, regardless of age can look at this and say it's unacceptable. You can't appreciate the way they cut corners on this one. I can accept minor changes and usually, they don't bother ME, but what they did with this was crazy. If a person wants to spend that money for this shoe, go ahead, it's not affecting me. I'm just saying be smart about it as a consumer. 

BUT WAIT.. THEY WERE EVEN ABLE TO DO THE FLIGHTBOOT THE "RIGHT" WAY
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Yep. Nike's way of saying F you. Losing the mold my ***

Idk why yall are surprised in the changes, this is NIKE, and the NIKE hype train is at a all time high. Majority of releases that have FOAM, POSITE, NRG , ETC. is going to sell and NIKE is a business. If they can cut costs + make a profit do you really think they wont? NIKE doesn't give 2 $**** about the OG collectors when they know a new generation will help them sell out. Im with urban, never had the og's or even the retros that came out a couple yrs back, lord knows I wanted a pair after seeing my boy j-oner (whos on here :nerd:) rock em in school. Im not going to let lil changes stop me from trying to cop, knowing now I can afford and buy what I really want. Not saying you cant complain, this is a sneaker board you can complain for life, but I see dudes that been doing this for years STILL complaining like they didn't see this coming, stop expecting re-releases to exactly mimic the originals, different times, different era, different money.

Last edited:
No ones expecting the re-release to exactly mimic the original, but these are a complete bastardization of the design.

They look like some straight up knockoffs.

Ive seen fakes that look better than these.

^ They done bastardized the af1, the air max, and the foam line for years. This aint nothing new, it was expected now and for years to come, just fork up the money for the originals

What does being a business have to do with changing the sole? Some of yall are talking nonsense.

They changed the sole to the point where less of the material is being used, so most likely its cheaper to produce, cheaper print, they are obviously cutting costs which makes them more profit when they sell as compared to the OG form, which has better materials on them

Ummm no, pretty sure they did the sole change because they were making the zipperless ones the same way. I think you're over thinking it bro.

Idk why yall are surprised in the changes, this is NIKE, and the NIKE hype train is at a all time high. Majority of releases that have FOAM, POSITE, NRG , ETC. is going to sell and NIKE is a business. If they can cut costs + make a profit do you really think they wont? NIKE doesn't give 2 $**** about the OG collectors when they know a new generation will help them sell out. Im with urban, never had the og's or even the retros that came out a couple yrs back, lord knows I wanted a pair after seeing my boy j-oner (whos on here :nerd:) rock em in school. Im not going to let lil changes stop me from trying to cop, knowing now I can afford and buy what I really want. Not saying you cant complain, this is a sneaker board you can complain for life, but I see dudes that been doing this for years STILL complaining like they didn't see this coming, stop expecting re-releases to exactly mimic the originals, different times, different era, different money.

How is a different sole, higher collar and bogus CF print little changes? You guys are tryna down play the changes in order to justify paying $50 more for a poorly made pair of Posites. So what if you weren't alive or was to young to afford back then. Bottom line is your paying more for a lesser product. Everyone who buys these is getting ripped off and nothing you dudes can say will change that. I'm not so blinded by hype and being cool that I'm letting anyone rip me off. Stand for something or fall for anything. Nikes not getting a dime from me for these.

^ They done bastardized the af1, the air max, and the foam line for years. This aint nothing new, it was expected now and for years to come, just fork up the money for the originals

perfect example of someone that pops in a thread... mouths off... then rolls out.

How is a different sole, higher collar and bogus CF print little changes? You guys are tryna down play the changes in order to justify paying $50 more for a poorly made pair of Posites. So what if you weren't alive or was to young to afford back then. Bottom line is your paying more for a lesser product. Everyone who buys these is getting ripped off and nothing you dudes can say will change that. I'm not so blinded by hype and being cool that I'm letting anyone rip me off. Stand for something or fall for anything. Nikes not getting a dime from me for these.
\

Little changes to me, big changes to you. I like the shoe, you don't, its an opinion, truthfully I think the shoe still looks good but we are all entitled to an opinion and yours is respected

and its not hype that's making me want to cop, I actually like these, I don't fall for the hype my dude I buy what I like

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom