The Official Flightposite 2014 Thread Vol. Carbons, H20, Possible Coppers

:lol: Forreal... this re-design reminds me of those Knockoff "AIR" brand shoes they used to sell at flea markets and swap meets in the late 90s early 00s. They looked almost like some legit Nikes but the design was slightle altered and all the swoosh logos were replaced with the letters "AIR".

They were too different to be fakes but at a distance they could fool you.

The AM Plus was a really popular model they knocked off.... anyone else remember what Im talking about ?

Let em draw the hype to this garbage... Fine with me. As long as Nike puts out this half *** flightposite crap, I'll go no where near it.

laugh.gif
Forreal... this re-design reminds me of those Knockoff "AIR" brand shoes they used to sell at flea markets and swap meets in the late 90s early 00s. They looked almost like some legit Nikes but the design was slightle altered and all the swoosh logos were replaced with the letters "AIR".

They were too different to be fakes but at a distance they could fool you.

The AM Plus was a really popular model they knocked off.... anyone else remember what Im talking about ?
I know exactly what you mean with that AM knockoff. In fact, I saw some last week in a store 
laugh.gif

I'm sorry, but sites like sneakernews irritate with headlines like that. I tend to stay away from them. Only moronic hypebeasts l go nuts off what that site posts. 

Just a word of advice to all the FP1 enthusiasts like myself before this 2013 disaster of releases, going into the new year...

Just wear them and do the jedi mind trick thing.

Don't put this model next to any originals to compare.

Don't try to compare them to the last retros from a 6-7 years ago.

You will immediately feel like you spent 200+ for a flea market item.

Don't even feel the same on your foot.......................................

*tears up*

Last edited:

I dont think you all realize the hype that sneakernews just put on these. Calling them the best release of 2014...thats gnna attract the wrong crowd
Just saw... 
banghead.gif

My question is... do the guys at SN really know what's-up about these and are just trying to artificially create the hype... or do they really have no 
censored.gif
 clue? 

I dont think you all realize the hype that sneakernews just put on these. Calling them the best release of 2014...thats gnna attract the wrong crowd
Just saw... 
banghead.gif

My question is... do the guys at SN really know what's-up about these and are just trying to artificially create the hype... or do they really have no 
censored.gif
 clue? 
My guess, all of the above. I wanted to comment on that page that it wasn't the real carbon fibers. I was that mad, but I had to sign up to comment. Too much work. I think with a lot of these blogs, and rappers, they don't know anything about the shoes. They just see what's handed to them and what's "hot" at the moment and rock them. I was looking at the celebrity's collection slide show on there yesterday and they showed Bow Wow's "collection" and all I saw were releases from the last 2 years? Not saying what he has was wack, but come on. That's what constitutes a collection now? FOH

My guess, all of the above. I wanted to comment on that page that it wasn't the real carbon fibers. I was that mad, but I had to sign up to comment. Too much work. I think with a lot of these blogs, and rappers, they don't know anything about the shoes. They just see what's handed to them and what's "hot" at the moment and rock them. I was looking at the celebrity's collection slide show on there yesterday and they showed Bow Wow's "collection" and all I saw were releases from the last 2 years? Not saying what he has was wack, but come on. That's what constitutes a collection now? FOH
Same here.  I wanted to comment on their Agassi Air Challenge Huarache posts... the inaccuracies of the retros and whatnot, but didn't want to bother with signing-up and stuff.  

I dunno if they're doing it on purpose, but these sneaker blogs (not just SN) really need to do their homework.  I know some of them have used pics from NT, but do they not bother reading the info in the threads about the kicks and share them on the blogs?  Ultimately, it just makes them less credible to me. 
boggled.gif

They don't have to just if its for the better or worse... just put the information out there and let the public/consumer decide if it's what they want.  

I What Nike has moved to was tricking the consumer into impulse buying. This is their new marketing strategy with product placement on entertainers and blog "leaks".

So much this!!

It's amazing how few people understand that.

That's one of the main reasons they can get away with stuff. Nearly everything that's even moderately appealing in mere concept most likely has to be purchased site unseen. So, most don't even get to make a real decision. They have to act instantly to buy anything they think they MIGHT want. Then, if they're satisfied with it, they keep it. If not, they have to resell it -- it's like Nike has even outsourced the market distribution of their kicks to their individual customers. These kids hear the Horatio Alger myths of the resellers and they think, fine, it's cool - I'll resell whatever I don't want or can make money on - it's easy, I'll profit... not knowing it's not that easy. Meanwhile, the hype itself serves as a second line of defense because even if you get that shoe in hand and think to yourself, "you know, these are actually kind of garbage" you got a million blogs in pocket and idiot Johnny comelatelys talking about "these are fire" and they make impressionable kids eager to acceptance doubt themselves for having their own opinion.

...Then you have these kids talking 'bout the good ole days - like they ruined Foams, it hasn't been the same since 2009.

Fool - the good ole days were before you were born. This whole sneaker thing has been wack since like 2004. Those of us with real love stick around regardless of what the state of the hobby is because we still have our passion even though it's foreign to most who claim the same space as we do. But, that mess kills me - 19 year olds talking about the good ole days. ...You know what the good old days were - all you wanted 94 Jordan 1, 2, and 3 retros for 29.99 - 49.99 a pop. Struggling to explain to a mom and pop owner who didn't really speak English that you want to go the basement to look through their old boxes and negotiate prices to buy stuff they took off their shelves years ago.

If you didn't live it, you can't have it. You missed the boat. If you can't appreciate the history properly and behave according the codes, then go find your own thing and build your own legacy and icons of your own generation.

Last edited:
Been wanting these, along with voltage foamposites to get retroed for a while. After seeing pics on here, so far they're eh to me. Will need to see them in person.

I'm guessing October release, $190 - 220 range.

^ you hit the nail on the head with this one. Sneaker News needs to quit. I'm also starting to believe that shoe sites just like Sneaker News are getting royalties or some sort a kickback so special treatment for hyping up shoes and helping nike. it doesn't make sense how easily Nike can sell shoes off of other people's time and effort. Places like Sneaker News are nothing but walking billboards for them for free.

mean.gif
 @ them using the OG pic... how misleading.  

At least kix-files bothered to use the retro pic.  

They're reselling for around US$250-260.  As a point of reference, they're charging a similar amount for the Taxi XII's, Christmas XX8's, Westbrook Camo XX8's, AJ X's, Lebron 11 Atomic Orange & Foam Pro Asteroids.  

Last edited:
If only these get the weatherman foam treatment. I hope they sit but the CW alone will sell these. I've waited so long for their return. Damn Nike did us dirty with this retro. Can we at least get a proper volt pro retro. Throw us a bone Nike!

I was too young to appreciate the OG when they came out but a lot of the comments on this site pointing out the differences between the original and the retro are turning me off to these. Especially the fact that Nikes using a cheaper print for the Carbon. I'll see how these look when they come out but leaning towards passing on these at the moment.

I was too young to appreciate the OG when they came out but a lot of the comments on this site pointing out the differences between the original and the retro are turning me off to these. Especially the fact that Nikes using a cheaper print for the Carbon. I'll see how these look when they come out but leaning towards passing on these at the moment.
Nike really didn't do the shoe justice at all. The 2 main changes on this retro are drastic ones. It's frustrating to know Nike is capable of making them proper to the last detail but chose to do this. Finding OGs in good condition is rare too and 800$ is the going rate when found.

:lol: when the AJ III was a table sneaker at VIM. These young dudes don't know that their grails weren't wanted.

laugh.gif
when the AJ III was a table sneaker at VIM. These young dudes don't know that their grails weren't wanted.
Exactly.

I look at the hype over the AJ 1 and 
mean.gif
. They dropped in '01, and while they sold, the demand for them wasn't this out of control. The want for Royal AJ1's is laughable. We put them on sale and shipped them out to the outlet store. Nobody wanted to see them then.

The Laney 5 hype was funny to me. They sat hard for weeks on end but in 2013 their a day 1 sellout. Have any Foamposites one or pro been confirmed for 2014 yet? I have a feeling we may see the Volt Pros soon. Maybe biggest shoe regret was selling those. I got them nds in a trade for a ds pair of black and orange TBugs! Maybe one the greatest trades of all time. Lol

Last edited:
The Laney 5 hype was funny to me. They sat hard for weeks on end but in 2013 their a day 1 sellout. Have any Foamposites one or pro been confirmed for 2014 yet? I have a feeling we may see the Volt Pros soon. Maybe biggest shoe regret was selling those. I got them nds in a trade for a ds pair of black and orange TBugs! Maybe one the greatest trades of all time. Lol
Yeah, add Laney's to that list also 
mean.gif

Yeah, add Laney's to that list also :smh:

Along with Olive IX

Back
Top Bottom