The Official Fantasy Football Thread

lets see: mccluster/barber/AP are all on bye week.
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Fred taylor better wrap that toe up
grin.gif

crabtree vs ATL lets see if he meets the projected 6pts
nerd.gif
grin.gif

John kuhn is a interesting play.

ryan matthews is supposed to be ready to go

Would you start Jahvid Best vs Green Bay or Tolbert vs Arizona

i'm having trouble thinking Best will be effective at all

Would you start Jahvid Best vs Green Bay or Tolbert vs Arizona

i'm having trouble thinking Best will be effective at all

I'd go with Tolbert off the strength of what Turner/Snelling did to that defense 2 weeks ago.
Best practiced today and is expected to start, but I'm sure Morris will still split the carries.

I'd go with Tolbert off the strength of what Turner/Snelling did to that defense 2 weeks ago.
Best practiced today and is expected to start, but I'm sure Morris will still split the carries.

for everyone wondering about Best; proceed with caution... DET has shown they arent afraid to give their other RBs plenty of snaps especially with him injured and GBs DLine and linebackers are just too good

Dustin Keller and Jermichael Finley

Who to start on Sunday and who is gonna be the better player deeper into the season?
I'm thinking Keller is just getting a lot of looks now because Sanchez is still getting comfortable with the QB position, and I feel like JMike is gonna get more and more looks as the season goes on and as his confidence builds plus I can see GB exploiting a lot of mismatches with him because hes so athletic... agree or disagree? thoughts?

for everyone wondering about Best; proceed with caution... DET has shown they arent afraid to give their other RBs plenty of snaps especially with him injured and GBs DLine and linebackers are just too good

Dustin Keller and Jermichael Finley

Who to start on Sunday and who is gonna be the better player deeper into the season?
I'm thinking Keller is just getting a lot of looks now because Sanchez is still getting comfortable with the QB position, and I feel like JMike is gonna get more and more looks as the season goes on and as his confidence builds plus I can see GB exploiting a lot of mismatches with him because hes so athletic... agree or disagree? thoughts?

Originally Posted by KingJames23

http://insider.espn.go.co..._football%26id%3d5633187

Can I get an insider to post this? Thanks.

Will it get better for Marques Colston?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your pick when it comes to which member of the New Orleans Saints offense fantasy owners should worry about the most. Quarterback Drew Brees is wearing a brace on his sore left knee, and while he is not listed on the team's injury report, he did need an MRI, so there has to be some concern. Running back Pierre Thomas missed Wednesday's practice because of a sprained ankle, somewhat jeopardizing his participation in a tasty matchup against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. And then there's wide receiver Marques Colston, who, best I can tell, is not dealing with a physical problem, but his numbers certainly aren't healthy.

Colston, the No. 12 wide receiver in ESPN average live drafts, has amassed 14 fantasy points in three games, leaving him outside the top 50 at his position. The top 11 wide receivers from drafts have all scored; Colston has not. This is certainly not what fantasy owners had in mind with their fourth-round pick, and while I haven't seen Colston's name on any free-agent lists -- he remains 100 percent owned in ESPN standard leagues -- I could see how one might feel he has better options for this week. Of course, in ranking Colston 17th at wide receiver this week, it would certainly imply I trust him.

While it's still too early to call this a season-long trend, it has seemed to me from watching Saints games that Brees has relied a bit more on running backs and tight ends to catch the ball, as opposed to Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem and the Week 3 star, Lance Moore. Makes you wonder what would be happening had Reggie Bush not gotten hurt. Last season Brees completed 49 percent of his many, many passes to wide receivers. This season that number is down to 40 percent. The thing is, I can't trust this yet as a full-season trend. I expect this delineation of targets to become a bit more even in the coming weeks, in part because Thomas, the team leader in receptions with 17, is a bit banged up and the team lacks depth behind him (though Chris Ivory should become relevant soon). Also, the schedule eases up some. The first three opponents -- the Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons -- were expected to be playoff contenders this season, and in the next few weeks until their Week 10 bye, the Saints face the Panthers twice, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Cleveland Browns. It doesn't mean Brees will target Colston or others more than normal, but one would think with Bush out, Brees would throw downfield a bit more and big plays would be more likely against lesser defenses.

Moore's big Week 3 effort, with 149 receiving yards, a pair of touchdowns and 26 fantasy points, was surprising for fantasy owners, as he was owned in 2.3 percent of leagues prior to the game. Now he's one of fantasy's most popular additions, and while I see his value rising, I wouldn't expect him to become the team's top receiving weapon. Same with tight end Jeremy Shockey, who also stepped up in Week 3 with 13 of his 18 season fantasy points. Henderson scored in the opening minutes of Week 1 on a pretty 29-yard pass play but since then has six catches in what amounts to three full games of playing time. Meachem has four receptions all season. Brees doesn't seem to be looking deep or for his wide receivers near the goal line, but I don't think this will be a season-long trend, notably with his top option.

Colston was in the top five for wide receivers last season in red zone targets and there's little reason to expect the game plan has changed so much that he'll be ignored this year. Yes, Week 3 was disappointing, with only 25 yards -- he had just one full game with fewer yards the past two seasons. It's just one of many slow starts around the league, and in this offense, fantasy owners should stick with their stars, and in this case, the team's receiving star remains Colston.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

http://insider.espn.go.co..._football%26id%3d5633187

Can I get an insider to post this? Thanks.

Will it get better for Marques Colston?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take your pick when it comes to which member of the New Orleans Saints offense fantasy owners should worry about the most. Quarterback Drew Brees is wearing a brace on his sore left knee, and while he is not listed on the team's injury report, he did need an MRI, so there has to be some concern. Running back Pierre Thomas missed Wednesday's practice because of a sprained ankle, somewhat jeopardizing his participation in a tasty matchup against the Carolina Panthers on Sunday. And then there's wide receiver Marques Colston, who, best I can tell, is not dealing with a physical problem, but his numbers certainly aren't healthy.

Colston, the No. 12 wide receiver in ESPN average live drafts, has amassed 14 fantasy points in three games, leaving him outside the top 50 at his position. The top 11 wide receivers from drafts have all scored; Colston has not. This is certainly not what fantasy owners had in mind with their fourth-round pick, and while I haven't seen Colston's name on any free-agent lists -- he remains 100 percent owned in ESPN standard leagues -- I could see how one might feel he has better options for this week. Of course, in ranking Colston 17th at wide receiver this week, it would certainly imply I trust him.

While it's still too early to call this a season-long trend, it has seemed to me from watching Saints games that Brees has relied a bit more on running backs and tight ends to catch the ball, as opposed to Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem and the Week 3 star, Lance Moore. Makes you wonder what would be happening had Reggie Bush not gotten hurt. Last season Brees completed 49 percent of his many, many passes to wide receivers. This season that number is down to 40 percent. The thing is, I can't trust this yet as a full-season trend. I expect this delineation of targets to become a bit more even in the coming weeks, in part because Thomas, the team leader in receptions with 17, is a bit banged up and the team lacks depth behind him (though Chris Ivory should become relevant soon). Also, the schedule eases up some. The first three opponents -- the Minnesota Vikings, San Francisco 49ers and Atlanta Falcons -- were expected to be playoff contenders this season, and in the next few weeks until their Week 10 bye, the Saints face the Panthers twice, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Cleveland Browns. It doesn't mean Brees will target Colston or others more than normal, but one would think with Bush out, Brees would throw downfield a bit more and big plays would be more likely against lesser defenses.

Moore's big Week 3 effort, with 149 receiving yards, a pair of touchdowns and 26 fantasy points, was surprising for fantasy owners, as he was owned in 2.3 percent of leagues prior to the game. Now he's one of fantasy's most popular additions, and while I see his value rising, I wouldn't expect him to become the team's top receiving weapon. Same with tight end Jeremy Shockey, who also stepped up in Week 3 with 13 of his 18 season fantasy points. Henderson scored in the opening minutes of Week 1 on a pretty 29-yard pass play but since then has six catches in what amounts to three full games of playing time. Meachem has four receptions all season. Brees doesn't seem to be looking deep or for his wide receivers near the goal line, but I don't think this will be a season-long trend, notably with his top option.

Colston was in the top five for wide receivers last season in red zone targets and there's little reason to expect the game plan has changed so much that he'll be ignored this year. Yes, Week 3 was disappointing, with only 25 yards -- he had just one full game with fewer yards the past two seasons. It's just one of many slow starts around the league, and in this offense, fantasy owners should stick with their stars, and in this case, the team's receiving star remains Colston.

Should I trade McFadden for either Miles Austin or DeSean Jackson? I am weak at WR and have great RB depth. OR, should I try to get somebody else for McFadden?

Should I trade McFadden for either Miles Austin or DeSean Jackson? I am weak at WR and have great RB depth. OR, should I try to get somebody else for McFadden?

i was offered

payton hillis
Larry fitzgerald
Dwayne Bowe

for

Michael Turner
Jason Snelling

im seriouslt debating I know turner is good but this seems like a good offer

i was offered

payton hillis
Larry fitzgerald
Dwayne Bowe

for

Michael Turner
Jason Snelling

im seriouslt debating I know turner is good but this seems like a good offer

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a bind yet again this week with 2 of my RBs injured and 1 of my RBs on a bye week.

Which RB should I pick as my #2 option:

-McGahee @PIT (Rice is likely to start on Sunday)
-Green-Ellis @Miami
-John Kuhn vs. DET

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a bind yet again this week with 2 of my RBs injured and 1 of my RBs on a bye week.

Which RB should I pick as my #2 option:

-McGahee @PIT (Rice is likely to start on Sunday)
-Green-Ellis @Miami
-John Kuhn vs. DET

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

LightsOut I would try and move McFadden for Miles Austin.

Just got offered Marques Colston and Louis Murphy for Lawrence Maroney and Jabar Gaffney. I accepted that in a NY minute. In this league members can veto and its already got 1/5 veto votes. I'm weak at WR, so this would be HUGE for my team. I hope that it goes through.

LightsOut I would try and move McFadden for Miles Austin.

Just got offered Marques Colston and Louis Murphy for Lawrence Maroney and Jabar Gaffney. I accepted that in a NY minute. In this league members can veto and its already got 1/5 veto votes. I'm weak at WR, so this would be HUGE for my team. I hope that it goes through.

I hope you not in a hating @%# league like mine. I had TWO trade accepted: S-Jax for Megatron and S-Jax for B Marsh, but both were vetoed.

I hope you not in a hating @%# league like mine. I had TWO trade accepted: S-Jax for Megatron and S-Jax for B Marsh, but both were vetoed.

Back
Top Bottom