The Official Black Mirror Thread: Season 6 on Netflix Now

I finally checked this out after the pig episode of the first episode totally turned me off. Its Aight. The Joan is Awful episode was funny. I didnt see the Mazy Day twist coming at all, lol. The rest were meh and predictable. The Aaron Paul ep, the ACTING was good, but the story was dumb af. If we have that technology, why not send the reps to space?? Why didn't the wife just leave with Dave came? If they're living like that, why does everyone know who/what they are? There were no back-ups? What about natural stuff happening? I doubt I'll go back and watch the other seasons.

I finally checked this out after the pig episode of the first episode totally turned me off. Its Aight. The Joan is Awful episode was funny. I didnt see the Mazy Day twist coming at all, lol. The rest were meh and predictable. The Aaron Paul ep, the ACTING was good, but the story was dumb af. If we have that technology, why not send the reps to space?? Why didn't the wife just leave with Dave came? If they're living like that, why does everyone know who/what they are? There were no back-ups? What about natural stuff happening? I doubt I'll go back and watch the other seasons.

So wait...did you just just S1E1 (The National Anthem aka Pig Episode) then come back for S6? If so, based on your critique of Beyond The Sea, I'm not sure how much you would like some of the other seasons that use technology that doesn't currently exist which because it could lead one down a rabbit hole of questions like you had for the Aaron Paul episode. "Be Right Back" immediately comes to mind :lol:

If you have seen the other future technology episodes then my bad. Carry on :lol:

That's the worst part about this season and that particular episode,
Horrible writing, everything you suggested are all plausible, realistic solutions that should've been thought of before they even decided to film the episode.
Like the wife really stood there and argued with that guy,
Knowing what happened to his fam???
just leave and get NASA.

The Demon one was stupid for that too.
If the Demon can tell you how everyones future is up to the second
Just tell me who will be the most vulnerable/easiest to kill before midnight
The Demon should've been the one to bring that up, since it had skin in the game too
It really coulda just been like
"Kill that person, they are literally about to take a nap in 10 mins, wears earplugs
and forgets to lock the door. The police won't find them for 8 hours."

So wait...did you just just S1E1 (The National Anthem aka Pig Episode) then come back for S6? If so, based on your critique of Beyond The Sea, I'm not sure how much you would like some of the other seasons that use technology that doesn't currently exist which because it could lead one down a rabbit hole of questions like you had for the Aaron Paul episode. "Be Right Back" immediately comes to mind :lol:

If you have seen the other future technology episodes then my bad. Carry on :lol:
Yup. My mom tried to put me on, saw the first episode and was like, "nope". I don't like shows/movies that are shocking just for the sake of being shocking. I never watched "Twin Vipers", but knowing what I know, that's what it feels like. That's what turned me off of American Horror Story as well.

but the story was dumb af. If we have that technology, why not send the reps to space?? Why didn't the wife just leave with Dave came? If they're living like that, why does everyone know who/what they are? There were no back-ups? What about natural stuff happening? I doubt I'll go back and watch the other seasons.

literally kept having this pop in my head every couple minutes...like why would you have the copies on earth but put the ogs at risk in space 🤣🤣🤣 if you didn't have to. the premise was interesting but just not the greatest execution or even any exposition on the world they inhabit...

literally kept having this pop in my head every couple minutes...like why would you have the copies on earth but put the ogs at risk in space 🤣🤣🤣 if you didn't have to. the premise was interesting but just not the greatest execution or even any exposition on the world they inhabit...
When they poorly explained why they couldnt build a new replica for Hartnett I stopped bothering with the glaring plot holes.

I said the same thing when I saw they had them robots on earth and ppl in space. ****** was on a 6 year mission. Eating, staying in shape, etc. You could've cut all that out and put the money in to several backups (who dont even need space suits to do the job).

Loch Henry also had some dumb horror movie decksions at the end for shorty's death. The werewolf **** was just meh as well. They purposely set that **** in the 2000s for no reason and has no technology play a part in the story.

Last edited:
Loch Henry also had some dumb horror movie decksions at the end for shorty's death. The werewolf **** was just meh as well. They purposely set that **** on the 2000s for now reason and has no technology play a part innthe story.

What do you think Pia should have done differently in Loch Henry? I think her reaction was probably fitting tbh. Away from home, in the middle of nowhere, with no cell reception?!?! RIP.

The Mazey Day ending still is lost on me. Like....how did that happen to ole girl :lol: Technology wouldn't have saved that storyline especially if they kept that twist. I was expecting it to be another "normal" episode like Loch Henry. It was really shaping up to be like "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too" from S5 tbh.

Also, why would they have buddy kill the family if they had 4 years left of the mission? If they were up there forever then I'd get it but in 4yrs Duke is gonna kill him or he going to jail.

Also, why would they have buddy kill the family if they had 4 years left of the mission? If they were up there forever then I'd get it but in 4yrs Duke is gonna kill him or he going to jail.

I could imagine a man that lost his family in the manner that he did felt he had nothing to lose. So if he was going to be up there with a partner who had a family but didn't value them then he probably started to feel some type of way. People do crazy things when experiencing loss like that.

The episode reminded me that 2022/2023 has seen a lot of the Culkins. Rory was in that episode too as one the cult people

I could imagine a man that lost his family in the manner that he did felt he had nothing to lose. So if he was going to be up there with a partner who had a family but didn't value them then he probably started to feel some type of way. People do crazy things when experiencing loss like that.
1397161102719.jpg

What do you think Pia should have done differently in Loch Henry? I think her reaction was probably fitting tbh. Away from home, in the middle of nowhere, with no cell reception?!?! RIP.

The Mazey Day ending still is lost on me. Like....how did that happen to ole girl :lol: Technology wouldn't have saved that storyline especially if they kept that twist. I was expecting it to be another "normal" episode like Loch Henry. It was really shaping up to be like "Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too" from S5 tbh.
Pia should've left that man's family trauma alone, tbh. I dont think her reaction was fitting at all. The mom didnt know she knew, so her just running away to nothing was so dumb. I would've just played it cool and told ol boy when he got back.

They guy Mazey hit was a warewolf and he bit her. They only way technology would've changed that story would've been if the paparazzi's sent drones out or at a reach, hacked her phone or the security cameras. I actually liked that episode. Switch out paparazzi for people with phones and yea.....social commentary,

Pia should've left that man's family trauma alone, tbh. I dont think her reaction was fitting at all. The mom didnt know she knew, so her just running away to nothing was so dumb. I would've just played it cool and told ol boy when he got back.

Very good points.

They guy Mazey hit was a warewolf and he bit her. They only way technology would've changed that story would've been if the paparazzi's sent drones out or at a reach, hacked her phone or the security cameras. I actually liked that episode. Switch out paparazzi for people with phones and yea.....social commentary,

White Bear. S2E2. IYKYK.

Man it's an anthology, you don't have to watch it in order, but ya'll killing me with the going from The Pig episode or Striking Vipers to what sounds like a lackluster S6.

When they poorly explained why they couldnt build a new replica for Hartnett I stopped bothering with the glaring plot holes.

I said the same thing when I saw they had them robots on earth and ppl in space. ****** was on a 6 year mission. Eating, staying in shape, etc. You could've cut all that out and put the money in to several backups (who dont even need space suits to do the job).

Loch Henry also had some dumb horror movie decksions at the end for shorty's death. The werewolf **** was just meh as well. They purposely set that **** in the 2000s for no reason and has no technology play a part in the story.

to me, in past seasons the social commentary of technology that was integral to the episode was so feasible it didn’t really require too much explanation because there were already obvious real world correlatives to connect to, only the 1st ep of this new season had that but then they overcomplicated the ting by marvel multi-versing it, the episode probably should have ended with the reveal that they were developing a show for everyone 😂

really the season seemed like they pivoted more to the horror aspect than what the show was known for, which was more a reflection of our current day obsessions, maybe not so much having to do w/tech but definitely how tech play a part

eh, didn’t mind that…if you find out you’re sharing a space with a psychopathic person who once murked folks for pleasure, not too many folk would have the poker face to be normal in that situation, so the frantic/panicked behavior was plausible at least…what didn't makes sense was the keeping of incriminating vhs tapes 😂 out in the open

that paparazzi ep was the worst by far, at least the demon ep had some comedy/levity…i suppose you could make the corollary with folks & smartphones but that would be clumsy symbolism, worst still a concept they’ve done better & more directly with the aforementioned ‘white bear’ ep

Surprised a lot of ya'll loving this season so much. I thought it's been one of the weakest seasons. Actings been good, just thought the stories been weaker

The four year wait + being in a new tv drought made me look over a lot of things but the more y'all post in this thread, the more unimpressed I am with Season 6. I guess I have been intentionally trying not to think about it too but damn :lol:

Don't run off in to field at night from an old woman who was just a freaky sex murderer. Sit down and eat the shephard's pie.

She panicked to an extreme degree.

Plus the whole ppl die in the countryside all the time from slipping in creeks was basically a chekhov's gun.
Thats why in the other thread I said maybe they decided to veer off the sci-fi tech path they been on or have completely new writers.

Mazey Day was just a tame supernatural werewolf twist. They could've at least had a technological advancement with the cameras for the paparazzi. When they revealed she got bit I was like oh this aint about ****.

Last edited:
Watching Demon 79, she just found this weird mahjong-looking tile with what looks like a field goal post on it. :lol:

Saw Beyond The Sea, Joan Is Awful, and this one so far.

very interesting....to me the guys are never sleeping??? their bodies sleep but minds do not.....12 hours on their project then 12 hours on earth??? something like that??

basically its ability to have best of both worlds??? why replicas on earth? well can your mind exist if your real body/soul dies?? the chance of that is real on earth as we saw......guess the chance the real guy dying in space is less likely than him dying on earth...

the fact that dude killed his entire family and he didnt even lay hands tells me that their mission is earth saving critical....he did say I can't do this without him....

yea why not more than one replica.....where is protection for their families...you would think they would be on a military base

The four year wait + being in a new tv drought made me look over a lot of things but the more y'all post in this thread, the more unimpressed I am with Season 6. I guess I have been intentionally trying not to think about it too but damn :lol:
Definitely agree the long layoff on episodes had me looking over stuff. The first episode Hayek was still :pimp:. Paparrazi one still trash looking back on it, to many ideas being setup for nothing. Regarding the space one, why didn't they have security after the first pilot had the run in. Also why did they have to go in space? 5 year mission but you have that technology, somehow you were able to advance that far in technology but space travel is still done with just two people. I liked the Demon one because I thought it had funny parts, did she have the biggest eyes you had ever seen or was it just me. Her eyes were almost cartoon size.
1687365883219.png

No I definitely peep that. Thats probably why they chose that song for the intro. Or they chose her because of the song in the intro.

Back
Top Bottom