The Official Bald Head Thread Vol. Knowing When To Let Go

Been shaving my head the last three years. Hairline is receding really badly, started when i was around 19.

son i was born with an illness that made me take medicine and it made me loss my hair SMH. I lost t it completely by 5 and im 15 now. Atleast i can wear hats in school andeverywhere else

I'm not balding but I currently shave my head. I think it's a good clean look and it saves a lot of money on haircuts. $1k in hair cuts a year was just :x

I'm 23 and shaved it off this past March right before spring break.

I hated having to get a cut damn near twice a week just to keep it low. 

I don't roll with any razors tho (and I have straight hair).

If your afraid of razor bumps, grab this http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-8061-5-star-Rechargeable/dp/B000FJ2I2O/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1346377995&sr=1-1&keywords=wahl+5-star+shaver
ir

I have heard good things about this one, gonna have to cop...no bumps on this one?

came in here just to say.... I'm picking out my fro right now.

*diddy bops out of thread*

I'm 23 and shaved it off this past March right before spring break.

I hated having to get a cut damn near twice a week just to keep it low. 

I don't roll with any razors tho (and I have straight hair).

If your afraid of razor bumps, grab this http://www.amazon.com/Wahl-Professional-8061-5-star-Rechargeable/dp/B000FJ2I2O/ref=sr_1_1?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1346377995&sr=1-1&keywords=wahl+5-star+shaver
ir

I have heard good things about this one, gonna have to cop...no bumps on this one?
Nope. And my skin is pretty sensitive. 

I started thinning out at 24 and have been been bald since 25. At first i was self conscious and mad because I lost my waves and crispy line ups. But truthfully the ladies LOVE bald heads. Best decision ever and i wish I hadnt waited so long.

It's probably about time I take the dive but the whole shave my whole head every day or even every other day ehhhh. got a big head over here.. how often do you shave it

My corners are starting to fade also. doesnt look too bad, but i think it gonna happen in a couple years. My pops is bald..but my grandpa has hair, just light receding. Im hoping i just have light receding. My head is too big to go bald :frown:

I'm in the same boat as you guys. Once I noticed my hair was thinning around 23 I decided to complete bic everything. But like dude said last page being latin and bald head has people looking at you like your some kind of cholo gang banger. Sometimes you'll get into **** you didn't ask for because of how you look. Doesn't help that I have one of those naturally mean mugging faces. :smh: Just have to dress right to avoid all that bs.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat as you guys. Once I noticed my hair was thinning around 23 I decided to complete bic everything. But like dude said last page being latin and bald head has people looking at you like your some kind of cholo gang banger. Sometimes you'll get into **** you didn't ask for because of how you look. Doesn't help that I have one of those naturally mean mugging faces.
mean.gif
Just have to dress right to avoid all that bs.
laugh.gif

damn its that serious?

:lol:
damn its that serious?

Sadly yes. If you live in Cali you know what's up. Bald head and for example those all red toro bravo 5s up here in nor cal=asking to get shot.

I feel you bro.... I have the family curse of going bald . My cousins all have it. That's one major reason why the whole shaved head/ bald look is a bad look here in Cali. Everyone thinks you bang. I got the same thing going with me I am chill as fuh but I look mean as fuh not my intention that's just my normal facial expression add that with the shaved head and I look like an Asian gangbanger. California and bald/shaved head automatically means gangster. Smh.

fully support this thread, I'm about to turn 24 been shaving my head bald for about 2 years now. Hair started to get thin around 18, and eventually I said F it and shaved it all off clean

That's one major reason why the whole shaved head/ bald look is a bad look here in Cali. Everyone thinks you bang.

so true :lol:, i live in southern cali and if I see a big guy with a shaved head - crisp white tee or something on i'm staying away :lol:

Last edited:
My dad started losing his hair when he came to America around the age of 35-39? I'm sad because male patterned baldness run in his side of the family. I also have his hairline...:smh: If I can't fight it then I'll be joining the club in 15 years or so...

It's probably about time I take the dive but the whole shave my whole head every day or even every other day ehhhh. got a big head over here.. how often do you shave it

About every 2 to 4 days for me.

yup...I find every 3+ days works best for me. If you do it everyday then you're looking at razor burn and bumps.

I've been shaving bald for 3 years now....spent 200+ on an electic razor which worked well but eventually went with the hand razor.

Thing is, I'm white with black hair so I have a strong shadow, which bothers me...i'm thinking about waxing it. :x

Back
Top Bottom