The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I envy you man, I wish I had a weekend day off :/

But Wednesday and Thursday are prime anime days :lol:

In other news,

when the season 2 BD drops tho I might just reconsider it, mostly because I don't think they deserve it for that ending :lol:

Oh yeah, of course my afternoons belong to anime on those days as well :lol:

Is there supposed to be a third season by the way, because they really did play it safe with that second season finale.

Finally Luffy is gonna get down in the anime. :pimp:

I gotta admit though, when they showed the fighting fish this episode, the nerd in me was flippin out. :lol:
I mean how they gonna show the fish being that massive, yet when they show the school of 'em going for the crew on the bridge they are swimming in a formation that suggests that the fish aren't even half the size of the first one that jumped at them, yet they are. That's not how physiology works. :lol:

The final chapters of Feng Shen Ji part 2 are out.
Now to wait for part 3 to start up...

Oh yeah, of course my afternoons belong to anime on those days as well :lol:

Is there supposed to be a third season by the way, because they really did play it safe with that second season finale.

There's a other LN out there but after the disaster that was S2 I don't think it'll sell enough to justify a third season.

mean.gif
man I wish this was written better. So much potential. Laxus coming back was
pimp.gif
though
That's always my complaint with FT. The arcs have a good concept and potential, but fall apart b/c they're poorly written. And Laxus and Gildarts barely get screen time.

Finally set up torrent on my laptop. Time to get busy! Hmmm what to get
I know you have time over there to check one of these shows out.

Space Battleship Yamato 2199( recommended this one a few times)
Having reached the end of the series, I can say that this show embodies the spirit of science fiction that has long since been lost with the move to Post-Trek space opera and plot-drive soap-opera science fiction like Lost and BSG. As a remake/reboot, it respects the source material without being wedded to it, breathing life into a text that probably does not hold up 40 years after the fact. As a science fiction show, it doesn't try to trick or outsmart the reader by trying to come up with gimmick plot twists or reversals or otherwise completely unpredictable story beats in order to keep the reader guessing. It respects the reader enough to believe that she will be invested in the characters and the narrative as presented. The strength is in the storytelling, not in trying to create watercooler moments that have since become inane in science fiction stories.

I also believe that as a television series, it leverages the long form possibilities that a television series offers fairly well. Yes, there are cliffhangers, but no, they aren't major shocking twists. *Most* of the characters have a chance to become more than just their 70s archetypes, including the development of one of the more interesting "Sis-mances" between the two rival fighter pilots Melda and Yamamoto. The show even has time to do what seem like one-off episodes that evoke the old tempo of a Star Trek episode while still maintaining the urgency of their 1 year mission to save Earth.

If there are any caveats the show might have, it's that most people would have seen the show in its unedited and admittedly not-on-television format. It's the only way to watch the show, since a lot of it must have been butchered to fit a 22 minute time slot (complete with a new OP made to be more palatable for modern audiences), but I can give that a pass.
The Eccentric Family/Uchouten Kazoku
A consistently stunning urban fantasy, that gives light-hearted treatment to its compelling casts melancholy, some how without sacrificing emotional impact when it tries for it. Fun at reckless at times, but not without reflection, the show achieves a balance that most others fail to.
I believe you have seen this one The Flowers of evil

.......Why not
The Flowers of Evil isn't my number one title because it's utterly perfect. It doesn't even represent the pinnacle of a particular kind of genre. 

It stands alone as brave, radical experiment in telling a very grounded story about teenagers using unusual animation techniques. The rotoscoping, while occasionally distracting, lends the charatcters a beliveable level of movement and expression which, combined with stunningly beautfil backround art, an unsettling score and Western style cinematography all work together to create one of the most enjoyable oppressive works in anime. No show can crate the thick, rich and unpleasent feelings that this series dishes out.
And A devil is a part timer
A fun comedy with some good action here and there (but largely minimal), this show was a good break between some of the more serious, though-provoking stuff (and insane stuff) of the year. It may not make you laugh as much as me but I think there is enough here to warrant a watch.

Last edited:
^Already have the first on my own list, but i'll go ahead and add the last three. The way you describe them has peaked my interest.

I actually read Aku No Hana (Flowers of Evil) and it definitely has an interesting plot. Wish new chapters came more frequently.

Fairy Tale is back, I'm hyped!

Also started Hunter x Hunter 2011 and it's amazing, currently on episode 25 #Beastmode

Anyone know if there's going to be a third season of Kingdom?

Last edited:
When that opening sequence on the new FT episode started I was like wtf did I miss something? lol

I watched the first three eps of jojos bizarre adventures and I didn't really enjoy it. Does it get any better or will I just not like the show?

I watched the first three eps of jojos bizarre adventures and I didn't really enjoy it. Does it get any better or will I just not like the show?
The first few episodes of the arc build up to a showdown at the end of it. Plus it sets the story for the 3rd arc (new season airing). The second arc is just awesome all around.

New chapter of Attack on Titan is out, along with a few more Hajime no Ippo chapters.
Anti-Human Suppression squad? I can't wait to see how they take care of business. And how the Survey Corps get out of that situation. :lol:

Looks like I know what I'm doing on my days off

Dude said they were showing signs of use, but it's practically brand new, just some smudges on the discs

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Found a copy of End of Evangelion for $45 :pimp:

Last edited:
About the outcome of Feng Shen Ji

I was kind of hoping Ah Gou would turn into the enemy Darth Vader Style and Uncle Zi Yu becomes the star of the show. That would have been an interesting twist.

Still can't hate on the way things turned out. 8)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom