The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

I'm confused by the Attack of Titans manga.
It goes up until Eren blocks the broken wall in his Titan form and then flashes back to the training?

I'm confused by the Attack of Titans manga.
It goes up until Eren blocks the broken wall in his Titan form and then flashes back to the training?

the anime decided to do the training stuff first. Where as in the manga, it was more of a flashback after the attack happened, eren got eaten etc. U can just skip thsoe chapters

Do a large majority of you guys actually like Sword Art Online? I think it had potential to be a great anime but it fell off hard. Midway into the SAO world it went from a cool action MMO to a love story. I'll never understand how pure emotions can overcome and overwrite a complex program.
I stopped at episode 14 right after SAO arc ended and it took me months to finish the ALO arc (wish I didn't bother but its hard to stop an anime midway). I guess I was expecting more action and less lovey dovey and incest. Would've been awesome if it took a dark turn like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Started off great but went plummeting downhill towards the end of SAO arc.

IMHO if you want to watch a MMO anime... Accel World > SAO

Do a large majority of you guys actually like Sword Art Online? I think it had potential to be a great anime but it fell off hard. Midway into the SAO world it went from a cool action MMO to a love story. I'll never understand how pure emotions can overcome and overwrite a complex program.
I stopped at episode 14 right after SAO arc ended and it took me months to finish the ALO arc (wish I didn't bother but its hard to stop an anime midway). I guess I was expecting more action and less lovey dovey and incest. Would've been awesome if it took a dark turn like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. Started off great but went plummeting downhill towards the end of SAO arc.

I think thats the consensus gripe with the anime. But even though I hated the love aspect, I think that for the story its kinda needed. Like if the people needed to adapt to SAO, I assume that many of them would go that marriage route. I just wish there was another way to explore the aspect, without turning Kirito into a sap

Last edited:
Dog Scissors ep 2
Where are they going with this show?

I was ready to drop it until that sudden as hell personality change at the end.

I think they're going to go through this show tackling and overcoming the '7 sins.' Wrath was this episode imo. That singer girl will definitely be pride. Main girl will be Lust. etc. I dunno.

Still on 4 episode probation.

Where the bloody hell is Watamote? It's probably my most anticipated show of the season for me.

Watamote opening
Best OP of the new shows. :wow: :pimp: :pimp: I recommend waiting until you see it come up during the episode.

:lol: This is so dope. Was not expecting this kind of opening at ALL.

Felt like I was watching Mirai Nikki again. :pimp:

And then you get the ED

I was expecting this song as the opening, but got hit in the face with screamo once I hit play. :lol:

This OP and ED combo is neck and neck with Free! as best opening and ending combos of the season.

Last edited:
Dog Scissors ep 2
Where are they going with this show?

I was ready to drop it until that sudden as hell personality change at the end.

I think they're going to go through this show tackling and overcoming the '7 sins.' Wrath was this episode imo. That singer girl will definitely be pride. Main girl will be Lust. etc. I dunno.

Still on 4 episode probation.

Where the bloody hell is Watamote? It's probably my most anticipated show of the season for me.

Watamote opening
Best OP of the new shows. :wow: :pimp: :pimp: I recommend waiting until you see it come up during the episode.

:lol: This is so dope. Was not expecting this kind of opening at ALL.

Felt like I was watching Mirai Nikki again. :pimp:

And then you get the ED

I was expecting this song as the opening, but got hit in the face with screamo once I hit play. :lol:

This OP and ED combo is neck and neck with Free! as best opening and ending combos of the season.
That stupid dog show :lol:...
I was in the same boat as you. I was just about to drop it when the main chick had that bipolar-esque attitude change at the end. :lol:
I'm gonna keep watching it for the time being but the show is still dumb. :lol:

Now Watamote on the other hand...
The instant the beat for the OP dropped, Zetsubou Billy by MAXIMUM THE HORMONE popped into my head. :pimp:

The OP caught me off guard. I love it. :lol: :pimp:
The ED was a nice touch too. Looks like this show is a keeper. :lol:

Special surprise Gentlemen! Naruto is out over at the mangapandas. :D
So, Orbito went from being a weak punk, to a cheap punk, now he's an OP punk with God mode on. :lol:
He even made the first flat out say that he is not strong enough. :wow:
He decimated the first and second like they were nothing though. :x

I need next week now...

Last edited:
Well it's a good thing that the reincarnated Hokages can't die, otherwise the Alliance would be in deep ishhh...:lol:.

Also curious to see this trump card of Madara's.

Always told my friends they were sleeping on him. He made that look too easy though. Can we fast forward time?

Da hell is Madara's trump card like wtf man what can this man possibly have that can be labeled a trump at this point :lol: :lol:

......Itachi :nerd:

Something just came to me in regards to the new Naruto chapter...
If Hashirama is known as the god of shinobi, and Orbito just went right through him like he was a non factor, what does that make Orbito?

Da hell is Madara's trump card like wtf man what can this man possibly have that can be labeled a trump at this point :lol: :lol:

......Itachi :nerd:
Maybe...
Just maybe, his trump card is that he's gonna absorb Orbito and become the host of the host of the Juubi. :lol:

Last edited:
Naruto ch 638
Trump card after trump card after final form after final form after this isnt even the final form of it all. :lol: :smh: It's getting ridiculous. i mean, it's been ridiculous, but its not getting any easier.:lol:

The first hokage and second hokage on the last panel were clones right?

Watamote! ep 1

The Opening song. :pimp: :pimp: What a bait and switch. :lol:

This back rub game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is so awkward to watch. It's amazing.

Whenever Tomoko converses with anyone. :rofl: :frown: poor girl. It's so damn timid!

I felt so happy for her here.

And then that ending scene. :frown: :frown:

Damn.

Definitely keeping this for the season.

It was needed in later books or season you see the bond formed there lead each Asuna and Kirito to defend each other in game and in real life. There is more to tell in the realm of ALO so don't worry that part gets better. The Mother Rosario arc is an emotional one for real.

**** naruto out this early?

kishi doin it right

edit- GOD DAM KISHI DOING IT VERY RIGHT :lol:

wonder what madara and obito are gonna pull out now :nerd:

i was mad they were stopping the 10 tails a while ago thought it was over but hell yeah W for dudes on the dark side :pimp: :lol:

Last edited:
Still no word about season 2 of SAO :smh::smh::smh:

Wonderfest is happening soon. Probably some sort of "SAO Season 2 Coming Soon" Thing. It will happen eventually.

Watamote! ep 1

The Opening song. :pimp: :pimp: What a bait and switch. :lol:

This back rub game :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is so awkward to watch. It's amazing.

Whenever Tomoko converses with anyone. :rofl: :frown: poor girl. It's so damn timid!

I felt so happy for her here.

And then that ending scene. :frown: :frown:

Damn.

Definitely keeping this for the season.

Agreed with everything said here. This show is delivering no doubt. Same with Love Lab :pimp:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom