The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

wink.gif
That wasn't his face.

Either way Kishi already said that he won't be revealing Kakashi's face because he didn't intend for there to be so much hype about it. He said if he reveals it now, everyone will just end up disappointed in some way or another
mean.gif

Tell em bro, they can see REAL sad back stories not this fake "kill your whole clan" garbage. No one in OP would do that BS
mean.gif
they woulda went out like a g and fought Danzo or something
I was speaking more in terms of how tragic and emotional they are and also how fleshed out they are. They're fleshed out enough to where you really understand what shaped the characters and what their intentions are. It's also nice that the characters don't have wild changes of hearts, like the villains aren't gonna be talked out of anything. But yeah in OP, you're not gonna get a character who kills his clan and then is made to be someone you sympathize with. OP handles moral ambiguity well, without betraying who the characters are to create the moral ambiguity.

I can't say how the situation Itachi was in would have worked if you insert X, OP character or if it had taken place in the dynamic of the OP world rather than the Naruto world, but unless it was someone like Akainu or Doflamingo and maybe not even Doflamingo, they're not killing their whole clan based on an order then letting Danzo live too especially if they have Itachi's level of strength

Last edited:

I don't remember any particularly sad backstories in Naruto besides Naruto's, Itachi's, and Sasuke's. But that's probably cause Kishi has shown flashbacks to those every chance he got. It was the worst when The Yellow Flashback, Minato came around to trigger a damn flashback every other scene he was in. 
Sad ninja backstories off the top of my head.
  • all the jinjuriki, including naruto, garra, killer bee, naruto's mom
  • neji
  • rock lee
  • orochimaru
  • madara/1st hokage
  • kabuto
  • hinata
  • pein and his cronies' backstories
  • tobi
  • the hokage who is killer bee's brother

Sad ninja backstories off the top of my head.
  • all the jinjuriki, including naruto, garra, killer bee, naruto's mom
  • neji
  • rock lee
  • orochimaru
  • madara/1st hokage
  • kabuto
  • hinata
  • pein and his cronies' backstories
  • tobi
  • the hokage who is killer bee's brother
I remember Gaara's being sad, but besides that and the ones I mentioned earlier, none of those were that sad too me, honestly Naruto's wasn't that sad to me, but it's just been drilled so much that it's memorable. Maybe I'm just cold hearted.

considering they show ninja's growing up with happy nuclear families that are STILL alive and naruto was kidnapped and watched his parents killed/martyred on the day he was born, it's pretty sad.

Even relative to the larger story.

I was speaking more in terms of how tragic and emotional they are and also how fleshed out they are. They're fleshed out enough to where you really understand what shaped the characters and what their intentions are. It's also nice that the characters don't have wild changes of hearts, like the villains aren't gonna be talked out of anything. But yeah in OP, you're not gonna get a character who kills his clan and then is made to be someone you sympathize with. OP handles moral ambiguity well, without betraying who the characters are to create the moral ambiguity.

I can't say how the situation Itachi was in would have worked if you insert X, OP character or if it had taken place in the dynamic of the OP world rather than the Naruto world, but unless it was someone like Akainu or Doflamingo and maybe not even Doflamingo, they're not killing their whole clan based on an order then letting Danzo live too especially if they have Itachi's level of strength

Exactly, like I remember when they revealed itachi was supposedly really a good guy I was like :stoneface: **** makes absolutely no sense still to this day. And obito :rofl: ******ed reasoning to wanna destroy the world..again makes 0 sense..

Exactly, like I remember when they revealed itachi was supposedly really a good guy I was like
indifferent.gif
**** makes absolutely no sense still to this day. And obito
roll.gif
******ed reasoning to wanna destroy the world..again makes 0 sense..
Yeah man, Oda does not care about trying to make you sympathize with villains. He gave Doflamingo that sad *** back story and then was like, but he's still pure evil. That's one of the best things about OP, the villains aren't changing their mind and becoming good just cause someone makes a good speech or a sacrifice, they're committed. 

Plus OP's flashbacks are so impactful, especially the one going on right now with Law and Corazon.
Then in the crew you got 
Zoro and Kuina. And I recently heard that falling down the stairs is a euphemism for suicide. If that's true it makes it sadder. 

Sanji and Zeff. That man Zeff ate his own leg so Sanji could have the bag of food.

Nami and her backstory

Brook being alone for 50 years after watching his whole crew die.

Robin

Ussop's wasn't super sad, but his mom dying young then him telling lies for attention and for the hope his father returned.

Luffy Ace and Sabo

Chopper and Dr. Hililuk

Franky and Tom. 

Those are all solid backstories, but people wanna stay sleep and not read OP

Dat boi Sasuke looking extra smooth. Fanart based on the reveal of his outfit (even though it was in chibi mode). Kishi been hinting at them Clint Eastwood cowboy vibes for a minute and now we get it on Sasuke
pimp.gif

GOAT fit tbh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom