The Official Anime & Manga Thread Vol: 三

the pic of the guys arm and luffy going gear 3rd
that's an awesome tat.
I think i got into it because of alabasta. crocodile seemed cool

That's the great thing about one piece. It could go on for a long time. I could be 30 still reading one piece
pimp.gif
lol

I remember catching part of an episode on adult swim a long time ago. I think it was the episode when they were in loguetown and they were fighting buggy and I was like man what is this crap
laugh.gif
luffy was stretching his arms and **** I was like man this looks so dumb. So I always thought it was Wack
mean.gif
little did I know
laugh.gif

Then I seen that pic floating around of that cool *** luffy tattoo. I was like man it's gotta be pretty dope for someone to get it tatted
Haha I was just like you when I first saw One piece. I was like what a rubber man? That's wack. Then a few years later I was like I'll give it an honest try and was surprised by how good and how cohesive the story was. There's no random power ups except the enies lobby arc with diable jiamble and asura. The old characters and connections are brought back. Usually things are explained sufficiently. There's supposed to be 10-12 more years of One Piece and I'm not mad at all.

I believe it's physical strength/haki use > then it's df. Because logias will be untouchable in that case. We need to learn more about haki though. Are There levels to it? I know it's 3 kinds but what determines who has more haki skill? Along with strength it's intelligence, and so far weve seen high intelligence from the yonkou, warlords, and govt. one thing I think about is what happened to whitebeards crew? If they linked up with shanks for example wouldn't the power balance tip in their favor? Wasn't it said Marco is strong enough to lead them on his own?

marco from my interpretation of the manga, is regarded very highly in terms of strength. and he is the number 1 now of the whitebeard pirates. they are MIA now, but i wouldn't be surprised if they come up again down the road as luffy's allies. after all they fought together during the war, and the whitebeard pirates are probably the strongest crew luffy could squad up with against yonkou.

i do agree the mugiwaras have a long way to go, and plenty of time to grow. luffy training with rayleigh may be to surpass him, or simply to give him the blueprint to take on the new world and get stronger with each passing adventure. time will tell. either way, luffy stands to be the next gol d roger, as he carries the will of D, which imo is key.

lets not forget, the will of D is a very ambiguous concept at this point in the anime. its been referred to numerous times by old heads on the show including nico robin, but its never been explained. one thing is for certain, people take notice to those with the middle initial D. and we have no idea about whats good with dragon or how strong dude is. i can only imagine dragon's power level is ridiculous if the gov't put out the biggest undisclosed hit out him and labeled him as world enemy number 1.

...i feel like this dressrosa arc will last thru the winter >D

Man, 4kids dubs almost ruined One Piece for me. The dialogue was lame and so were the voices (Sanji :lol:) and it felt like a little kids show. Luckily I picked it back up when I really started reading Naruto, that was right before the train reached Enies Lobby. Been hooked ever since :pimp:

Man, 4kids dubs almost ruined One Piece for me. The dialogue was lame and so were the voices (Sanji :lol:) and it felt like a little kids show. Luckily I picked it back up when I really started reading Naruto, that was right before the train reached Enies Lobby. Been hooked ever since :pimp:

the days of good dubs are gone imo (og Toonami weekdays). im strictly import now, cuz voices now just don't seem right...maybe cuz im not a teen anymore or something idk lol

marco from my interpretation of the manga, is regarded very highly in terms of strength. and he is the number 1 now of the whitebeard pirates. they are MIA now, but i wouldn't be surprised if they come up again down the road as luffy's allies. after all they fought together during the war, and the whitebeard pirates are probably the strongest crew luffy could squad up with against yonkou.

i do agree the mugiwaras have a long way to go, and plenty of time to grow. luffy training with rayleigh may be to surpass him, or simply to give him the blueprint to take on the new world and get stronger with each passing adventure. time will tell. either way, luffy stands to be the next gol d roger, as he carries the will of D, which imo is key.

lets not forget, the will of D is a very ambiguous concept at this point in the anime. its been referred to numerous times by old heads on the show including nico robin, but its never been explained. one thing is for certain, people take notice to those with the middle initial D. and we have no idea about whats good with dragon or how strong dude is. i can only imagine dragon's power level is ridiculous if the gov't put out the biggest undisclosed hit out him and labeled him as world enemy number 1.

...i feel like this dressrosa arc will last thru the winter
grin.gif
I believe after the war the Gorosei named Marco as one of the few people including the Yonkou who could stop Blackbeard and his crew. Although I don't know if it was mentioned in the manga so that may not be canon even though it was in the Anime. 

Also I'm pretty sure Haki and Strength > than DFs because Garp doesn't have a devil fruit and I don't think Roger had one either and they stood at the top of the Era as the strongest. And I think there are different levels of Haki b/c it was mentioned for Law to cut Vergo his Haki had to be stronger than vergo's. And with Conquer's Haki we saw Shank's CH was able to cause physical damage to Whitebeard's ship and he apparently has some of the strongest CH around. I did see one interesting theory that fully developed CH could cause weather changes and the examples were Roger using it to cause a storm when he fought Shiki's armada, Dragon causing the storm at Lougetown, and Shanks and Whitebeard's clash caused the rip in the sky. 

The Will of D. and the Void century add a whole nother level of mystery to the series. 

roger having a df was never confirmed. plus wasn't there a panel showing roger in water

I don't recall it being confirmed. Nor do i recall him in water. I do recall the closest thing to describing his powers was he had the power to hear all things.

I don't recall it being confirmed. Nor do i recall him in water. I do recall the closest thing to describing his powers was he had the power to hear all things.
Yeah but it's also been foreshadowed that Luffy also has the ability to "hear the voice of all things" like Roger when he heard the Sea kings at the end of the FI arc in the same way Roger heard the sea kings when he was headed to FI. 

Haha I was just like you when I first saw One piece. I was like what a rubber man? That's wack. Then a few years later I was like I'll give it an honest try and was surprised by how good and how cohesive the story was. There's no random power ups except the enies lobby arc with diable jiamble and asura. The old characters and connections are brought back. Usually things are explained sufficiently. There's supposed to be 10-12 more years of One Piece and I'm not mad at all.

Word. I'm a little confused tho about the navy/marines. Are they one entity or what? All forming the world govt?

Man... I REALLY want to see Garp in his prime, hell I wouldn't mind seeing him fight at full power in his current age. His power is at least on Admiral level.

This is probably one of my favorite scenes in the anime, would've been awesome if Sengoku didn't stop him.

Last edited:

...i feel like this dressrosa arc will last thru the winter >D

I believe after the war the Gorosei named Marco as one of the few people including the Yonkou who could stop Blackbeard and his crew. Although I don't know if it was mentioned in the manga so that may not be canon even though it was in the Anime. 

Also I'm pretty sure Haki and Strength > than DFs because Garp doesn't have a devil fruit and I don't think Roger had one either and they stood at the top of the Era as the strongest. And I think there are different levels of Haki b/c it was mentioned for Law to cut Vergo his Haki had to be stronger than vergo's. And with Conquer's Haki we saw Shank's CH was able to cause physical damage to Whitebeard's ship and he apparently has some of the strongest CH around. I did see one interesting theory that fully developed CH could cause weather changes and the examples were Roger using it to cause a storm when he fought Shiki's armada, Dragon causing the storm at Lougetown, and Shanks and Whitebeard's clash caused the rip in the sky. 

The Will of D. and the Void century add a whole nother level of mystery to the series. 

interesting you say that, i had recently watched some early one piece eps (they never get old) and watched the loguetown eps. it was then it occured to me that dragon had something to do with the storm. but that level of haki tho :x

yea i see what ur saying with haki > df. no1 wanted to see garp wit da hands...prolly still don't and he still is that dude. i believe in the anime it showed a scene with an imprisoned roger getting a visit by garp. roger says "look after ace, i trust you even tho you were one of the few people ever to nearly kill me" or w.e.

Kill La Kill ep. 1
I am on board with this 100% :rofl: :pimp:
That intro... dude running down the stairs and you see the disciplinary dude falling from the windows while laughing and smiling. :rofl:
This show is gonna be a blast. :lol: :pimp:

Garp is wild. He was like I turned 8 mountains to dust to train for this fight when he fought DCJ. I hope that whenever Luffy meets an old pirate in the NW we get to see a Garp flashback.

Garp is wild. He was like I turned 8 mountains to dust to train for this fight when he fought DCJ. I hope that whenever Luffy meets an old pirate in the NW we get to see a Garp flashback.

we did in the manga so you will in the anime

Naruto anime > Manga right now...

Manga is getting annoying, it's almost safe to assume nothing happens in the next chapter.

Back
Top Bottom